Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ed Reed Thought He Was Close To Touchdown

43 posts in this topic

Ed Reed didn’t lateral to Cary Williams and regretted it after the game.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ed-Reed-Thought-He-Was-Close-To-Touchdown/db10562e-1e13-455e-b946-fda11bdc394e]View the full article[/url]

Yes, Zeus,... and carrying the ball like a salami!

CW says "stay down" but not Reed and he lifts us with INTs then scares the "brown trout" out of us with his returns! lol

Beginning to think R.R. harmed Cam in a past life! Why else would he stand in the way of Ray's game spirit?

I guess Reed figured, the offense wasn't making any plays so he decided to take matters in his own hands. I'm more concerned about how Ray Rice touches the ball only 1 time after his touchdown, especially when Flacco wasn't getting the job done. And I'm concerned about which Flacco is going to show up next week in Washington.

Can't wait to hear the excuses when Reed and his "tackling" and "ball security" have decided to leave the Ravens. I bet it'll still be anything but Flacco. That kid just can't do any wrong!

[quote name='edreedfromtheu' timestamp='1354562532' post='1245060']
Can't wait to hear the excuses when Reed and his "tackling" and "ball security" have decided to leave the Ravens. I bet it'll still be anything but Flacco. That kid just can't do any wrong!
[/quote] I dread the day ed reed is no longer a raven. He is without a doubt the greatest safety to ever play the game . his football intelligence and instincts will never be matched . IF he decides to leave he will have so many teams after him the sky would be the limit . I was hoping all year we would get a ring and he could retire . that seems to be slipping away since his first nfl game and even in college he was my favorite player still is .

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354563080' post='1245072']
I dread the day ed reed is no longer a raven. He is without a doubt the greatest safety to ever play the game . his football intelligence and instincts will never be matched . IF he decides to leave he will have so many teams after him the sky would be the limit . I was hoping all year we would get a ring and he could retire . that seems to be slipping away since his first nfl game and even in college he was my favorite player still is .
[/quote]

I don't think Reed will ever play for any NFL team other than the Ravens.

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354563080' post='1245072']
I dread the day ed reed is no longer a raven. He is without a doubt the greatest safety to ever play the game . his football intelligence and instincts will never be matched . IF he decides to leave he will have so many teams after him the sky would be the limit . I was hoping all year we would get a ring and he could retire . that seems to be slipping away since his first nfl game and even in college he was my favorite player still is .
[/quote] I respect ed reed but he has not tackled for awhile now . I agree with you he has allot of talent but his tackling is lacking.

How do you let a qb who hasn't done anything since Martha left the White House beat you? Can anyone figure out why Harbs challenged that obvious non fumble? Whoever called him and told him to do it, should not have a job today. Why is Joe so inconsistent, why can't Cam mix up his play calling? Joe needs to get the ball out of his hand faster,is he really afraid to pull the ball down and get a few positive yards by running. We need to use Tyrod more in situational football, if Joe doesn't want to run. My God, be creative. The Ravens won't win the division or go deep in playoffs, if playmakers don't make plays in big games. Adversity builds character, these next four games will tell us what kind of team the Ravens really are. Maybe this team needs the famous Mike Singletary speech about "Winners". We need to shoot all our bullets, why is Deonte still in Harbs doghouse?

[quote name='terpsnation' timestamp='1354563469' post='1245081']
I don't think Reed will ever play for any NFL team other than the Ravens.
[/quote]i hope your right cause that's one loss this team won't be able to fill. next man up doesn't apply who could come close ....? no one .

i was just glad he got to the 20. i thought he was going to be brought down at the 2 for a second there.

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1354560741' post='1245027']
Yes, Zeus,... and carrying the ball like a salami!

CW says "stay down" but not Reed and he lifts us with INTs then scares the "brown trout" out of us with his returns! lol

Beginning to think R.R. harmed Cam in a past life! Why else would he stand in the way of Ray's game spirit?
[/quote]

You're so right, he was carrying the ball like a salami!

Ed that aint even an issue worth talking about. I wanna know why you guys left the middle wide open for most of the second half? Thats what you guys need to figure out!

"Hello, my name is Ed Reed. I'm the most selfish player on the team right now. I'm an icon so I get to say what I want, but I have no accountability and there is no recourse when I don't play well. I haven't been the player people THINK I still am for 3 seasons now. I hang my DB's out to dry guessing so I can make plays that used to be routine for me. I've dropped more INTs than I've caught this year. I am out trying to prove I deserve another contract but all I'm doing is showing that the team needs to move on without me. In my head I'm still 28 and I'm going to cost my team by trying to return every thing. I run my mouth when we win, but duck out of the locker room when we lose. They should have been grooming Jimmy Smith to take my spot, but they're just dumb enough to give me another 1 year deal next season..."

[quote name='BigC_DaGuru' timestamp='1354565632' post='1245140']
"Hello, my name is Ed Reed. I'm the most selfish player on the team right now. I'm an icon so I get to say what I want, but I have no accountability and there is no recourse when I don't play well. I haven't been the player people THINK I still am for 3 seasons now. I hang my DB's out to dry guessing so I can make plays that used to be routine for me. I've dropped more INTs than I've caught this year. I am out trying to prove I deserve another contract but all I'm doing is showing that the team needs to move on without me. In my head I'm still 28 and I'm going to cost my team by trying to return every thing. I run my mouth when we win, but duck out of the locker room when we lose. They should have been grooming Jimmy Smith to take my spot, but they're just dumb enough to give me another 1 year deal next season..."
[/quote] Jimmy smith couldn't outplay reed if webb graham and pollard gave him half there talent. Ed reed gave an interview after the game lol at your entire post .

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1354564891' post='1245125']
You're so right, he was carrying the ball like a salami!
[/quote] and posting and reposting the same post over and over is spamming

interesting. after all these years of Ed pitching the rock and we fans and coaches fussing at him for doing so at times...now...when he holds onto it...cats are mad at him for doing so? smh!

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1354566398' post='1245163']
interesting. after all these years of Ed pitching the rock and we fans and coaches fussing at him for doing so at times...now...when he holds onto it...cats are mad at him for doing so? smh!

~Mili
[/quote]exactly .

UGH....BALTIMORE SPORTS FANS... UGH. Allow me to educate you as you drink your Natty Boe. NOBODY is going to replace Ed Reed in his prime, he's a 1st ballot hall of famer. But Jimmy Smith can and probably will be the free safety of the future. Jimmy Smith is the 4th best corner on this team. He's way to big to be a corner. He's 6'2" 225, sounds like a safety to me. WHAT IS THIS BS WITH BALTIMORE SPORTS FANS THAT WANT GUYS TO PLAY ON THEIR TEAMS TILL THEIR 58 YEARS OLD. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed need to SIT THEIR OLD BODIES DOWN SOMEWHERE. Football is a young man's game. Ray's body is going to explode if he keep playing. Wait and see how many teams are after Ed Reed this off-season.. And he definitely left his teammates out to dry last night. I wasn't aware he did an interview last night, I'm shocked he usually doesn't...

Ed made a great play and not only ended a redzone opportunity but gave the ball back to our offense.... we dont need him to do anymore then that

Hope he doesnt feel like he needs to do more then that> THat scares me a little
Ed you made another great play. Now you gotta trust that your teamates can do the samething with the opportunity that you provided them!

So Reed gets an awesome interception at a crucial point in the game and almost returns it for a touchdown and people are complaing about it and talking trash about him. Wow some of these post just never seize to amaze me.

[quote name='BigC_DaGuru' timestamp='1354566931' post='1245180']
UGH....BALTIMORE SPORTS FANS... UGH. Allow me to educate you as you drink your Natty Boe. NOBODY is going to replace Ed Reed in his prime, he's a 1st ballot hall of famer. But Jimmy Smith can and probably will be the free safety of the future. Jimmy Smith is the 4th best corner on this team. He's way to big to be a corner. He's 6'2" 225, sounds like a safety to me. WHAT IS THIS BS WITH BALTIMORE SPORTS FANS THAT WANT GUYS TO PLAY ON THEIR TEAMS TILL THEIR 58 YEARS OLD. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed need to SIT THEIR OLD BODIES DOWN SOMEWHERE. Football is a young man's game. Ray's body is going to explode if he keep playing. Wait and see how many teams are after Ed Reed this off-season.. And he definitely left his teammates out to dry last night. I wasn't aware he did an interview last night, I'm shocked he usually doesn't...
[/quote]

Please, you're not educating anybody with post like that. The only person drinking Natty Boe here is you and it seems like you have had too much of it.

[quote name='Ravens in The Dena' timestamp='1354567905' post='1245217']
Baltimore has by far the worst fans in all of sports.
[/quote]
thank god someone else sees it

Reed had a decent game. He hasn't had a really good season so it was good to see that. Still don't know how Cary leads probowl votes. He had a terrible game last night. As for the good players on defense lately Art Jones, Kruger, and Corey Graham have been pretty good. Hope Ellerbe can get back and help out the LBs cause I don't see much from Ayanbedejo

[quote name='Ravens in The Dena' timestamp='1354567905' post='1245217']
Baltimore has by far the worst fans in all of sports.
[/quote] Very true I was beginning to think i was the only one in the world who felt that way .

[quote name='BigC_DaGuru' timestamp='1354566931' post='1245180']
[/quote]I don't drink natty boh and your couldn't educate me on anything other then how to behave badly . and i am not interestedand please don't get me started on Jimmy smith i managed not to cuss half the fan base out and get banned so I'm defintely not going near jimmy smith replacing ed reed i can't see to type anymore i'm laughing so hard.

Many of us were waiting for you to pull that stupid trick- or fumble. GREAT interception, however, when you continue to hold the ball like a loaf of bread- BAD things will/ do happen.

not your fault ed, the geniuses who decided to throw the ball instead of just running it and making them work the whole field afterwards are to blame..

Reed shouldn't blame himself, he had a brilliant play that killed the Steelers' momentum. Our team on the whole should have done things differently. Great to still see Reed playing at a high level this late in his career.

Ed Reed is a hot dog. Always has been. Imagine another player carrying the football like he does. He tackles like a girl and needs to retire.

Ill-advised challenges, fumbles, false-starts, and poor decisions all caused this loss; not Ed Reed. I feel ashamed to call myself a human-being after reading the venom of some of these posts. I hope Ed doesn't read these things! If you do Ed, We DO LOVE YOU! Keep playing until you decide you're done! I'm just about 40 but still play backyard ball. These people on here that keep talking about poor tackling, obviously never tried to pop a ball out, I guess.

I see Reed getting us another INT late in the game ih the last 4 games. His just getting started. When it rains, it pours..for Reed!

[quote name='NCMan' timestamp='1354579607' post='1245557']
Ed Reed is a hot dog. Always has been. Imagine another player carrying the football like he does. He tackles like a girl and needs to retire.
[/quote]I'd love to see Ed Reed tackle you and then when you woke up see if you still think he hits like a girl.

I was yelling for him to lateral it from my seat but I doubt he heard me over the noise. Haha!

The way Ed Reed is tackling. I'd rather get tackled by a girl. Probably hurt more. Ed Reed sucked that game. Other than the one and only decent play he sucked and Cary Williams