Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Anquan Boldin: We Will Win Division

106 posts in this topic

Despite Sunday’s loss, the Ravens wide receiver is confident the Ravens will win the AFC North.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Anquan-Boldin-We-Will-Win-Division/78488578-b663-4cc6-ab5e-3ea3db591141]View the full article[/url]

Well, there's some optimism for ya! Win division? Ya betcha!

Just beat the probable Rookie-of-the-Year and both Manning brothers with our vaunted 30% completion rate, deep passing game!

Amazing... WE will win the Division... No question about it. I would hate to be RG3 ... Someone said last night that "he's licking his chops"... Well, I would hate to be the Redskins and facing an ANGRY bunch of Ravens...after a loss to the Steelers....

We will Step it up... We will bounce back like we always do.

And for all the Flacco haters on here... Give me the name of a QB who has won more games in his first 5 seasons; has taken his team to the playoffs the first 5 seasons; Two AFC games in his first 5 seasons; No one out there..... No one!

By the way folks... We have the same record as the Patriots, and we beat them..... We're right up in there.

I think 11-5 (meaning if we split the last 4 games) will take the division. I want to beat the Giants and Broncos...and a win in Cincy would mean even more. Edited by Flockster. To whom it may concern.

we are going to win out we will beat the games we have to. not afraid of rg3, dalton or manning either of them and the ravens arent either . we got this.

Hey man, I'm with Boldin and Rice, this team is going somewhere. We can't win every game, the NFL doesn't work like that anymore, something always goes wrong, for us it's our stupid coordinator who did get us through the last four wins but still, I understand. It's rough for fans, I know, I'm a fan but let's just keep going through this year and win the superbowl and get rid a Cam Cameron and then build a our team a little bit through the draft and free agency and then we'll go undefeated. We'll have the "Dream Team" anybody remember that crap?

All well and good Boldin but this seems to be another lost season where the Ravens can not slam the door and be dominant. Year after year we have really great opportunities to really take control but they choke.

Last season we won the division sure, yes great season, probably best team they have had in the Flacco era but we were tied with the Steelers. Too close for comfort. That Jags game was horredous and the reason why we played in New England. Just unacceptable.

The season before we blew it and ended up in Pittsburgh, losing that.

This is happening all over again.

We have 4 tough games ahead, and yes the Redskins will be tough with RGIII dropping bombs on our secondary.

I see 4 potential losses, sorry. I do not see us wining these 4 games. I think if we split these next 4, we should be fortunate. So where does that leave us? 11-5. Yep, that's right. Right there with PITTSBURGH (if they win out and is very likely given their schdeule). Again! We drop 3 more and the Steelers take the North.

11-5 or 10-6 is a wild card game. Not winning the division.

Win the division again Boldin? Ok, show me cause I don't see it. Not with Flacco playing like crap and a 40 million dolalr running back getting 13 touches all game!

Ridiculous. Cam has got to go.

If you want to call last night's blown opportunity is a motivational tool ... well, I guess you can. We have a huge series of obstacles in front of us. We are going to have to improve our play DRAMATICALLY in every facet in order to navigate the remainder of this season.

I just am not sure how we are going to fix a poor pass rush, periodic breakdowns in coverage and our offensive inconsistency by being mad.

[quote name='Flockster' timestamp='1354549057' post='1244676']
I think 11-5 will take the division. I want the Giants and Broncos...a win in Cincy would mean even more.
[/quote] we have 3 losses not 5 i read another post that said we have 5 6 7 losses . not sure where this inaccurate info is coming from . we can't lose games we havent played yet . rg3 licking what his d is worse then ours he has two very good players on that team nothing else .......knock it off it gets old.

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1354549369' post='1244685']
we have 3 losses not 5 i read another post that said we have 5 6 7 losses . not sure where this inaccurate info is coming from . we can't lose games we havent played yet . rg3 licking what his d is worse then ours he has two very good players on that team nothing else .......knock it off it gets old.
[/quote]

People are saying this is our likely record at the end of the season, which is very likely.

Anyone saying we win out these next 4 games is just not being realistic.

It kills me to say this, but the Ravens don't win the division, and they don't win another game. We have to accept the fact that we don't have the defense or the quarterback to beat any of the remaining teams on our schedule. Maybe the Redskins or Bengals at home, but not away. I'm glad Joe said he felt good out there. He was the only one!

@IIwillow1231

I heard that same statement last night...lol right there with ya'... but I would hate to be the Redskins after a Ravens loss to the Steelers; AT HOME. Not sure he's licking his chops...

Many here, Mom, are not "Flacco Haters"; there's a few, but many of us want to see our QB improving, playing relatively consistently week-to-week and that equals "Flacco-Frustrated"!

Yet, Joe's issues would be not so blatant if he's able to play within a realistic game plan, especially with the weapons we have!

So, the frustration is that our guys don't and rightfully shouldn't fear any team but that unimaginative catastrophe wearing the OC headphones is our biggest detriment to overall success!

I agree Mystigo... However I have seen statements like "Flacco CAN'T step it up"... "Time for Flacco to go", etc... just since last night...

[quote name='Twistidfunk' timestamp='1354549579' post='1244689']
People are saying this is our likely record at the end of the season, which is very likely.

Anyone saying we win out these next 4 games is just not being realistic.
[/quote] No there being fans and if we do win out and take the division and the second seed these same "fans" will be saying I knew it blah blah blah . folks forget that every single team in the nfl loses games . how come when other teams lose the fans do not turn into a lynch mob . how come when brady lost to the seahawks, Rodgers lost to well allot of sub par teams, and brees losing to the falcons after 5 interceptions why did there fan forums have postive things to say . no one ripped brees apart or brady .. we can do it .

[i]"I think we're alright," Boldin said. [u][b]"I think everybody is disappointed that we didn't pull it off,[/b][/u] but this doesn't define us."[/i]

^ yes sir! i'm one of them Q. get your stuff together and become that dominant team that i have come to love and respect over the years. you cats gotta take advantage of and seize the opportunity when it presents itself!

~Mili

Flacco is an absolute disappoinment!!!!! Elite qb's are the ones that a team can rely on in EVERY game to push for the win, and succeed. Flacco is the absolute opposite!!! Consistantly over throws balls, off target, takes two steps back then goes back into the crowd and stands there completely immobile waiting to get sacked. Its nerve racking watching this man play!!!! Once again Ray Rice watches most of the game from the bench. Im soo sick of this [profanity deleted]!!! And I'm just waiting for the comments by Harbaugh and Cameron talking about how they need to get Rice the ball more.....PUT HIM IN!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1354550013' post='1244710']
No there being fans and if we do win out and take the division and the second seed these same "fans" will be saying I knew it blah blah blah . folks forget that every single team in the nfl loses games . how come when other teams lose the fans do not turn into a lynch mob . how come when brady lost to the seahawks, Rodgers lost to well allot of sub par teams, and brees losing to the falcons after 5 interceptions why did there fan forums have postive things to say . no one ripped brees apart or brady .. we can do it .
[/quote]

I think you are getting off topic with what other fans say. All fans around the league react exactly the same.

You tell me how we win these next 4 games with a shaky Joe Flacco and an offensive coordinator who consistently forgets about our $40 million dollar running back. It is obsurd. The whole league knows it. Why can't Harbaugh and Cam see it? Just ridiculous.

Our defense is not as strong as past seasons either.

With our record on the road and all our deficiencies, how are we winning 4 more games? I would love to hear it. We'd be lucky to win 2. I don't know which 2 but I hope we get two and still make playoffs.

Once we reached 9 wins, this was no longer about the division. Although there is a chance that the Ravens could lose the division, we all still expect them to win it. The reality is Baltimore was playing for the #2 seed, a much needed bye week and a home playoff game and possibly home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Why is it so important? Baltimore has a QB who can't play well outside of the beltway. Although I'm expecting Cincinatti and the Colts to be wildcard teams and Baltimore to be 4th seed, the Pittsburgh loss just earned us a playoff road trip to Houston or New England.Goodbye Lombardi.

[quote name='TreTheRaven' timestamp='1354549989' post='1244708']
I love you Q, but after Sunday's game -- I am doubtful of this.
[/quote]

So you are saying you think we will lose 3 of the last 4 games?
Even if PIT wins all 4 and we lose the 2 games in the Conference against DEN and CIN we will still win the division.
We would have to lose 3 of the last 4 games to lose the division.
That is what's doubtful.

I said 11-3 or 12-4 at begining of season and that we will be.a couple wins and loses were diffrent teams but still same outcome...was praying for 14 and 2. Problem is think we need buy to win it all. Think were capable of one road win but not 2 but what did I know. everyone I know said 10-6 or 9-7 let`s hope thier not right. I still going with 12-4 or 11-5 at worse... Problem again no buy and one home game which might be against Pitt enough said....Go Ravens through venting it`s Washington week.

Football is a TEAM sport, you cannot put the blame on one person. Sure Flacco made some bad throws and had a couple turnovers but our receivers have to do a better job separating, our linemen need to block better and our running game needs to start with Ray Rice and be supplemented by Pierce, not the opposite. If everyone can get on the same page we can win our remaining games and definitely win the division and #2 seed.

[quote name='Twistidfunk' timestamp='1354550850' post='1244735']
I think you are getting off topic with what other fans say. All fans around the league react exactly the same.

You tell me how we win these next 4 games with a shaky Joe Flacco and an offensive coordinator who consistently forgets about our $40 million dollar running back. It is obsurd. The whole league knows it. Why can't Harbaugh and Cam see it? Just ridiculous.

Our defense is not as strong as past seasons either.

With our record on the road and all our deficiencies, how are we winning 4 more games? I would love to hear it. We'd be lucky to win 2. I don't know which 2 but I hope we get two and still make playoffs.
[/quote] Our defense is banged up injued and not what it should be . Joe flacco laid an egg for sure yeaterday in fact being brutually honest the entire team including coaches gave the game away . this team finds ways to win when it counts . i think that yesterday they played thinking they had the win before the game was even played . there's only one game i worry about denver .we don't have a choice we have to win .I am loyal to this team i can not pray that they lose so cam can be fired .

If somehow this team wins the division, i'll buy into the discussion despite the fact that i don't believe the Ravens will win another game this season, the Ravens will be lucky to make the wildcard, but if the Ravens make the playoffs at all, are they going to beat anbody? NO! Look at the statistics of ALL offenses, passing and rushing, all the teams with a better record are 1st,4th,5th and 8th in offense with the Ravens 18th. 23rd in rushing with Rice who led the league in yards from scrimmage last year. Cameron, who should be fired as soon as the season is over, i can't even put into words as to where to begin with him. WHY, is the management accepting this at this point? Is it stubborness that says we brought him here we should stick with him? Throw Cameron out and start over with a new O.C. next year. Look back on the wins this year and think about the wins that SHOULD have been loses. Chargers, Cowboys, New England, Pitt., and the Chiefs. What happened vs. the Texans? Do any of you really think this team is going anywhere? I'll tell you the answer: NO!