135 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Ravens still control No.2 seed destiny. Scenarios. Flacco outdueled. Give ball to Rice.

View the full article

#2 JeezyTheSnowMan

JeezyTheSnowMan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

The handshake definitely isn't overblown. Mike Tomlin cleaerly didn't want to shake John Harbaugh's hand. I thought only the losing coach did that. You can also see Harbaugh was disgusted as he walked away

#3 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Tomlin, low class. That's why well win AFCN, hahaha Tomlin in your face.

Edited by Hardhitters, 03 December 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#4 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

It was an embarrasing loss and point is, we shouldve won

#5 BirdsofPrey

BirdsofPrey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Will someone please, please, PLEASE explain to me how after 5 yrs, Cam Cameron still has a job in Baltimore??? We have some extraorindary talent on offense and it sputters, coughs, and limps to wins...every once in a blue moon it hums, but that's about twice a season. I'm done with this guy and Harbs should be too.

#6 FKFan

FKFan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Tomlin has finally drank the Pittsburgh cool-aid and has become one of them. Sorry to see a class-act coach go down the drain.

#7 robbie29

robbie29

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

The handshake shouldn't be an issue, but it will become huge media fodder- much to the detriment of Harbaugh & the Ravens. Like last year- a Harbaugh is involved with a post-game handshake issue, and since this is the media-darling Steelers, the opponent will automatically incur the wrath of NFL fans because pundits will put an anti-Raven spin on it.

Having said that- the handshake wouldn't be an issue at all if we had just taken care of business. I mean, even Cleveland found a way of beating Batch last week in their house. Once again, Flacco is strip-sacked late in the game against PIT. Once again, home field advantage in the playoffs is in Jeopardy. Broken record...

#8 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Who cares what Mike Tomlin does. If he wants to be a poor sport, let him. He knows the Ravens are in the drivers seat. Sour Grapes.

#9 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Considering how some QBs got benched earlier for throwing 3 picks (*cough* Sanchez) I wouldn't exactly call this loss embarassing.

#10 Snowman84

Snowman84

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

How is this a serious article? What did Harbaugh want to sit down and have tea with Tomlin? Nothing was wrong with that AT ALL. Quit being over sensitive Harbaugh. Organization does nothing but complain from the top down to the fans.

#11 RalphieFromTheLeague

RalphieFromTheLeague

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

I hate the Steelers, but Mike Tomlin is one of the best coaches in football. What he did wasn't the most polite, but lets not make too big of a deal of it. We lost, lets figure out why and worry about that. Not whether or not John felt slighted.

#12 JeezyTheSnowMan

JeezyTheSnowMan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

And can someone please tell Joe that throwing the ball away isn't always bad?!?!? Its better than holding the ball too long and getting sacked or striped!

#13 CHARMCITY187

CHARMCITY187

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Man I am so disgusted. So basically because Harbaugh is letting his friendship with Cam Cameron kill `this football team. Joe Flacco does win the Games, Ray Rice does it. LMAO It's happened so many times over the last 4 years. Rice doesn't get the ball we lose, So how hasn't Cam Cameron figured that out yet? And don't give me that bull we were down so we had to throw, we were winning and still throwing 3 and outs and dropping back just to fumble the ball. Man Cam has got to go and even though I love Harbaugh if Cam is one of those deals he stays and I stay let em both go.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 03 December 2012 - 12:28 PM.
Profanity

#14 bigdaddycompton

bigdaddycompton

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Nice Tomlin, very nice. I had a lot of respect for you, but I definitely lost some for you now. As for Batch "out dueling" Flacco, Flacco was going up against the top ranked defense against the pass. I don't see why people just completely blow past that. Plus once again Flacco was dealing with an OC who can't come up with a good game plan or call adequate plays. On top of that, receivers weren't getting separation, O line stunk again, and the receivers lack of focus were causing them to drop balls and get penalties. I'm not saying Flacco played fine, he should have definitely played better; he was off target on several passes. However, he also made some amazing ones too. We might not even be talking about this if Torrey didn't drop that perfect pass in the end zone, which I love how everyone forgot about.

#15 Saffer73

Saffer73

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

The last 4 games are brutal. You've got RGIII on the road, both Mannings and then a trip to Cincy who is playing really well. We'll be doing well to win two out of four. You know Cincy will fall apart at Heinz so Pitt has a real chance to run the table and end up 11-5. Better right the ship and quick!

#16 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Golden opportunity squandered. The North was ours and now it is in question. Nice to hear we "control our destiny" for the #2 seed, but who in their right mind thinks we will run the table? We still have to win the North and that item should have been checked off the list.

#17 1 + 1 = 2

1 + 1 = 2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

our coaching staff and culture plays to not lose games, that's not raven football. We never play to win a game. This year's unit has never been able to step on anyone's throat and end a game, minus week 1. Winning so many close games is great and all but why can't we put anyone away? why does rice never get the ball with a lead in the 4th? what a frustrating team this is with all the talent to underachieve like they did last night. i really hope we can turn some switch come playoff time

#18 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

i read a very interesting article about Peyton manning not liking noise and asking fans to be quiet at home games. I will be at the bank when we play denver wonder if they will allow a bullhorn in the stadium i can supply half the stadium with them if you can :)

#19 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hey diddle diddle Rice up the Middle...... you mean, hey hey ho ho Cam HAS GOT TO GO !!!

#20 Ravenade

Ravenade

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Dude, please don't talk about that handshake, Harbaugh was just making sure that Tomlin knew he wasn't a sore loser. That's all, and Tomlin didn't hear him at first. No big deal. I forgot about Ray Rice, who's that? Is he that guy who can win us games but we don't use him? We just pay him? Oh yeah. At least we lost to a good team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users