Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 12/3: Harbaugh-Tomlin Handshake Overblown – Watch

142 posts in this topic

Ravens still control No.2 seed destiny. Scenarios. Flacco outdueled. Give ball to Rice.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-123-Harbaugh-Tomlin-Handshake-Overblown-–-Watch/231e306c-3a58-4f7a-88c2-12f7ee659395]View the full article[/url]

The handshake definitely isn't overblown. Mike Tomlin cleaerly didn't want to shake John Harbaugh's hand. I thought only the losing coach did that. You can also see Harbaugh was disgusted as he walked away

Will someone please, please, PLEASE explain to me how after 5 yrs, Cam Cameron still has a job in Baltimore??? We have some extraorindary talent on offense and it sputters, coughs, and limps to wins...every once in a blue moon it hums, but that's about twice a season. I'm done with this guy and Harbs should be too.

Tomlin has finally drank the Pittsburgh cool-aid and has become one of them. Sorry to see a class-act coach go down the drain.

The handshake shouldn't be an issue, but it will become huge media fodder- much to the detriment of Harbaugh & the Ravens. Like last year- a Harbaugh is involved with a post-game handshake issue, and since this is the media-darling Steelers, the opponent will automatically incur the wrath of NFL fans because pundits will put an anti-Raven spin on it.

Having said that- the handshake wouldn't be an issue at all if we had just taken care of business. I mean, even Cleveland found a way of beating Batch last week in their house. Once again, Flacco is strip-sacked late in the game against PIT. Once again, home field advantage in the playoffs is in Jeopardy. Broken record...

Who cares what Mike Tomlin does. If he wants to be a poor sport, let him. He knows the Ravens are in the drivers seat. Sour Grapes.

Considering how some QBs got benched earlier for throwing 3 picks (*cough* Sanchez) I wouldn't exactly call this loss embarassing.

How is this a serious article? What did Harbaugh want to sit down and have tea with Tomlin? Nothing was wrong with that AT ALL. Quit being over sensitive Harbaugh. Organization does nothing but complain from the top down to the fans.

I hate the Steelers, but Mike Tomlin is one of the best coaches in football. What he did wasn't the most polite, but lets not make too big of a deal of it. We lost, lets figure out why and worry about that. Not whether or not John felt slighted.

And can someone please tell Joe that throwing the ball away isn't always bad?!?!? Its better than holding the ball too long and getting sacked or striped!

Man I am so disgusted. So basically because Harbaugh is letting his friendship with Cam Cameron kill `this football team. Joe Flacco does win the Games, Ray Rice does it. LMAO It's happened so many times over the last 4 years. Rice doesn't get the ball we lose, So how hasn't Cam Cameron figured that out yet? And don't give me that bull we were down so we had to throw, we were winning and still throwing 3 and outs and dropping back just to fumble the ball. Man Cam has got to go and even though I love Harbaugh if Cam is one of those deals he stays and I stay let em both go.

Nice Tomlin, very nice. I had a lot of respect for you, but I definitely lost some for you now. As for Batch "out dueling" Flacco, Flacco was going up against the top ranked defense against the pass. I don't see why people just completely blow past that. Plus once again Flacco was dealing with an OC who can't come up with a good game plan or call adequate plays. On top of that, receivers weren't getting separation, O line stunk again, and the receivers lack of focus were causing them to drop balls and get penalties. I'm not saying Flacco played fine, he should have definitely played better; he was off target on several passes. However, he also made some amazing ones too. We might not even be talking about this if Torrey didn't drop that perfect pass in the end zone, which I love how everyone forgot about.

The last 4 games are brutal. You've got RGIII on the road, both Mannings and then a trip to Cincy who is playing really well. We'll be doing well to win two out of four. You know Cincy will fall apart at Heinz so Pitt has a real chance to run the table and end up 11-5. Better right the ship and quick!

Golden opportunity squandered. The North was ours and now it is in question. Nice to hear we "control our destiny" for the #2 seed, but who in their right mind thinks we will run the table? We still have to win the North and that item should have been checked off the list.

our coaching staff and culture plays to not lose games, that's not raven football. We never play to win a game. This year's unit has never been able to step on anyone's throat and end a game, minus week 1. Winning so many close games is great and all but why can't we put anyone away? why does rice never get the ball with a lead in the 4th? what a frustrating team this is with all the talent to underachieve like they did last night. i really hope we can turn some switch come playoff time

i read a very interesting article about Peyton manning not liking noise and asking fans to be quiet at home games. I will be at the bank when we play denver wonder if they will allow a bullhorn in the stadium i can supply half the stadium with them if you can :)

Dude, please don't talk about that handshake, Harbaugh was just making sure that Tomlin knew he wasn't a sore loser. That's all, and Tomlin didn't hear him at first. No big deal. I forgot about Ray Rice, who's that? Is he that guy who can win us games but we don't use him? We just pay him? Oh yeah. At least we lost to a good team.

Whatever the opinions are of last night's letdown, I know for a fact that they cannot let RG3 get the best of them next week. Remind him that an impressive rookie QB is still a rookie.

As for the handshake momma always said you can't buy class you either have it or you don't . why be mad over a win sounds silly doesn't it ?

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354548080' post='1244636']
i read a very interesting article about Peyton manning not liking noise and asking fans to be quiet at home games. I will be at the bank when we play denver wonder if they will allow a bullhorn in the stadium i can supply half the stadium with them if you can :)
[/quote][color=#555555][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(225, 227, 228)]I wouldn't look too far into that. I think all QBs prefer a quite crowd while at home. Trust and Believe it wouldn't matter how loud we got, The Ravens still gonna have to do their part on the field [/background][/size][/font][/color]

No true, Baltimore does not have it only in own hands... What in case Baltimore wins it all, Pats do too, and Texans lost to Colts once? There would be the 3 way tie with Texans, Pats and Ravens at 13-3... Broncos possibly 12-4... I am not sure about this but, i think then we would lost tiebraker to both of them...

I think Joe Flacco should do a serious gut check. When the entire league recognizes your running back as the best player on your team and you are a quarterback that thinks he is the best in the league at his position then you need to step up and play ticked off-- like a man on a mission, a man who will not be denied, a man out to show the world you are who you say you are. And this season Flacco has not done this at all. Has he had some good games, yes-- Cincinnati and Oakland. Has he had stinkers, oh yeah-- have your pick of road games. And then there is Sunday evening against the Steelers... at home.

For crying out loud, what is going on with Flacco?!!! I can understand if the ability is not there then we'll all simply give up and start looking for a replacement in the draft. This is year 5, Matt Ryan is on fire-- his five interception game notwithstanding. The rookies are shining: Boy would I love to see Flacco go up against RGIII. I bet Flacco plays well enough in that game to call off the dogs, but that is exactly the point. Joe is a tease. He gives you just enough to keep you in holding mode; you think the big one is coming and it does not. I know he "outplayed" Brady twice blah blah... but that is not the point. Heck, Kyle Boller outplayed Brett Favre on Monday Night Football (for the avid fans who remember the 2005 season), those things will happen. If you play long enough in the league you'll have those stinkers as an anomaly. When the stinkers cease to be the anomaly and become the norm then you are just not good.

Ozzie has a difficult task this off-season. Does he give Flacco 7 years $100M (as some outlets are claiming Flacco wants... I'll believe that one when I hear it from more reputable sources), or does he franchise him for a year hoping it lights a Drew Brees type fire under the guy, while drafting a fiery understudy (I hear this year's QB class is crappy to say the least), or does he do the unthinkable and let Flacco walk to some team that will surely overpay him, and then Newsome picks up someone else' castoff-- Vick... Alex Smith...? Option 3 will never happen (and I'm happy for that), but it still remains that the Ravens are in a tough spot, because, let's face it, this team isn't winning the Superbowl this year-- not with what we have seen thus far. Unless there is an extra gear somewhere that this loss to Pittsburgh detonates I see the Ravens one and done... or they win their traditional one game in the playoffs and then they are home talking about giving it another go come next season (some things just don't change).

For all our sakes I hope Harbaugh does not inherit the legacy of the man to whom he was a protege: Andy Reid-- won a bunch of regular season games, a few playoff games, but never the big one. Eli Manning is the only QB that comes readily to mind when I think about aloof signal callers that won the big one, but boy can he carve out a big play at the most important moments. Flacco, Harbaugh... I just don't know what to think, but the answer may lie with the man that connects the two-- Cam Cameron!

HarbGate Handshake II = who cares!

Todd Haley out-matched Cam completely! Short-to-intermediate passes to playmakers, heavy reliance on the run game!

Meanwhile, back in the nest,... go deep! It's really getting old!

Dear Santa,

The only thing I would like for Christmas this year is a new offensive coordinator. Please send Cam Cameron on a trip far away.

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354548080' post='1244636']
[/quote] thats funny .

All week long, every article should be based solely on how the Ravens embarrassed themselves and their fans on Sunday. The focus should be on how Joe Flacco threw a gift wrapped win in the trash and how the Ravens have the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL, yet he's had a job for 5 straight years, and appears to be the one holding the organization back from winning another super bowl.

The Ravens team and org should hear loud and clear how not only the mains stream sports media, but also the fans, are disgusted with their performance, and how they choked away a playoff berth.

The Steelers practically GAVE them the victory, and Flacco & Co. squander their golden opportunity.

We fans expect much more from the Ravens; and rightfully so.

So stop focusing on hand shakes, and Charlie Batches' "imperfect" performance, and focus on the Ravens sucking!!

[size=4][color=#222222]Harbs should be glad Tomlin didn’t make him carry his luggage to the squeelers bus after getting out coached like that!![/color][/size]

I don't agree with Judge, I don't think rice not getting the ball more was the biggest issue with the offense. We ran the ball 20 times and threw it 16, that's a good balance. The problem was all of the deep throws on 1st down. I don't think we made any of them and they killed a lot of our drives because it only gave us 2 actual attempts to get 10 yards against the best defense in the league. We need to stop throwing the deep ball all of the time because after awhile it just becomes predictable. We need to start developing some chemistry on shorter passes before going for the kill, that way we sustain drives and then have more opportunities to hand the ball off to rice.

Again Cam the Moran no touches in 4th for rice and hardly none for him in second half...Answer that one Cam & Harbs... Biscotti step up like Jerry Jones fire Camron he was loser in San Diego & as head coach in Miami pitiful....Talk Jimmy Johnson out of retirement and give him total control and you will win plenty of superbowls...

I feel like i tweet/comment about the same thing every week. How does any coach, coordinator, professional in general in their right mind forget about Ray Rice! He is pound for pound the best back in the game and he doesn't touch the ball a single time in the crucial moments of the ball game! Forget the 4th and 29 he converted last week, HE JUST CAME OFF SCORING A TD IN THE DRIVE PREVIOUS AND YOU STILL DON'T GIVE HIM THE BALL!!! I feel like this is some cruel joke. I'm not naming any names, but the organization needs to seriously think about making changes far as their offensive play calling is concerned...

Flacco played an okay game and gave up a huge fumble. However, I'm more disappointed that the defense couldn't hold on the final drive and pretty much didn't play well in the 2nd half. Their receivers weren't just open, they were WIDE open. Cleveland managed to hold down Charlie Batch and the Ravens couldn't.

[quote name='Fierce Flacco' timestamp='1354549529' post='1244688']
I don't agree with Judge, I don't think rice not getting the ball more was the biggest issue with the offense. We ran the ball 20 times and threw it 16, that's a good balance. The problem was all of the deep throws on 1st down. I don't think we made any of them and they killed a lot of our drives because it only gave us 2 actual attempts to get 10 yards against the best defense in the league. We need to stop throwing the deep ball all of the time because after awhile it just becomes predictable. We need to start developing some chemistry on shorter passes before going for the kill, that way we sustain drives and then have more opportunities to hand the ball off to rice.
[/quote] I don't know the exact team offensive stats; but I'm pretty sure Ravens threw it more than "16" times.

[quote name='Fierce Flacco' timestamp='1354549927' post='1244705']
16 completions is what I meant srry
[/quote] Which is a horrible number itself. Flacco is nasty.

Go get Jimmy Johnson and give him full control and you`ll win it all right away...Jimmy Johnson the best coach ever ask anyone who knows football. He even turned Miami...Who took over for Johnson and took playoff team to dismal team... Oh I think Camron...Enough said

[quote name='metalraven' timestamp='1354548745' post='1244662']
All week long, every article should be based solely on how the Ravens embarrassed themselves and their fans on Sunday. The focus should be on how Joe Flacco threw a gift wrapped win in the trash and how the Ravens have the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL, yet he's had a job for 5 straight years, and appears to be the one holding the organization back from winning another super bowl.

The Ravens team and org should hear loud and clear how not only the mains stream sports media, but also the fans, are disgusted with their performance, and how they choked away a playoff berth.

The Steelers practically GAVE them the victory, and Flacco & Co. squander their golden opportunity.

We fans expect much more from the Ravens; and rightfully so.

So stop focusing on hand shakes, and Charlie Batches' "imperfect" performance, and focus on the Ravens sucking!!
[/quote] and there also should be several articles on how fans should act , and how fans who don't support the team and whine and carry on like the world just ended and the sky is falling and flacco and cam cameron killed there first born is not appropriate just because the team loses . It would make for interesting reading to say the least .

I have said it before, the ravens will NEVER win a superbowl as long as Joe Flacco is their QB. Yes, a lot of the blame can be placed on Cam for poor play calling. But Joe's inability to execute plays with the use of basic QB skills after 4 Plus years in the league is unacceptable. If you watch his play throughout this year, not from the standpoint of a few big plays with long bombs to T. Smith, but the overall totality of his game, it's just average. His throws are often late, too high or low. He doesn't know how to slide step, he throws from his back foot and never steps up in the pocket. Granted he is not fleet of foot, but their are numerous opportunities for him to step up in the pocket to run for a few yards to open up things or at least keep a linebacker from dropping into coverage. He doesn't side step, he has NO pocket awareness which I've been saying for years, just watch tapes. He is inconsistant as best. This team has seen he best that we will ever see from (JA) and he will be just what he is, (JA) Joe Average. Ozzie and management, please think wisely and dont't pay the millions for JA when you have other options for an above average team.

I think Tomlin was in shock before the handshake....that his team had won and at a loss for words. Harbs stood up strong.

[quote name='JeezyTheSnowMan' timestamp='1354548333' post='1244649']
[color=#555555][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(225, 227, 228)]I wouldn't look too far into that. I think all QBs prefer a quite crowd while at home. Trust and Believe it wouldn't matter how loud we got, The Ravens still gonna have to do their part on the field [/background][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]this is the most important game we play all year i agree with you Peyton manning is the best to ever play the game we need everyone's A game . WHEN flacco beats him then he has earned his 100 mil or whatever. but it is fun to think of crowd noise giving a hall of famer problems wish i could be there.

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1354550496' post='1244720']
and there also should be several articles on how fans should act , and how fans who don't support the team and whine and carry on like the world just ended and the sky is falling and flacco and cam cameron killed there first born is not appropriate just because the team loses . It would make for interesting reading to say the least .
[/quote] And also an article how Flacco will NOT be getting that contract extension.

Headline should be: Almost isn't Good Enough.

oh god. not chris chase. that proves the handshake was nothing because that's all that guy blogs about. everything but the football game

[quote name='Ravens>Steelers' timestamp='1354550902' post='1244737']
oh god. not chris chase. that proves the handshake because that's all that guy blogs about. everything but the football game
[/quote] Indeed! Anything written by that clown should be taken with a grain of turd.

In fact, I think Cam and Chase should get together to laugh at the world; knowing that they get payed quite well to suck.

Flacco is slightly better the Boller, to me not as good as Dilfer ( before you comment, Dilfer went to three pro bowls and has a ring, Flacco zero in both catagories) and no where near as good as McNair was. I hope we dont do what the Chargers did. Rely on a QB that has talent but is not ELite and Pay them Elite money. See you can give Brady adn Manning big money becuase they make average players better. They can turn a blciking TE into Gronk. A journeyman like Edleman into a stud. IF Flacco cant win with the great talent he has around him. Best RB in the game not named Peterson, Two really good TE's the best FB in the game, a stud Deep threat, one of the best posestion recievers in the game and compared to most a good O line. He is in his fith year...Dont give him the big bucks. And we need to get a back up that is going to pressure him. He has been anointed and does not deserve it.

Here we go with the "We will never win a super bowl with Joe Flacco as our QB" crap again. Yeah he had a bad night, missed some throws, and got sacked/stripped again that killed us, but i CAN NOT stand when we lose one game, doesn't matter what game, everyone bashes flacco. I'm not saying he is a great QB or the best in the League, but wanting to get rid of him and all this B/S is dumb. Be a real fan, yeah I'm a football fan as well and will admit that Flacco had a bad night, but i will not call for his head. Come on, we have 4 REALLY tought games left, we need flacco to play well. I know he is very capable of leading us to the playoffs again with his play, and if i remember correctly, we WOULD have been in the super bowl last year, but flacco can't catch his own passes.

I believe this game should be the game that get's Cam Cameron fired. Your best Player touches the ball 0 times in the 4th quarter, and only 13 for the WHOLE GAME!!! We needed to run the ball a lot more, heck we came our and threw it 6 times in a row. If we don't feed Ray Rice the ball, we will be lucky to win any of these last 4 games. And Peirce ran the ball very well also, our running game needs to get going now, but it will only get going if they get the ball.....

Honestly, Sarah: you think we come here to read about the Steelers' playoff hopes and chances? I'd really like to know your train of thoughts there. They played much better than we thought they would, they surprised us and snatched the W - congratulations. But did you really think ANYONE here is interested in the playoff chances or remaining schedule of the steelers - or the Bengals?

Seriously.

bio