63 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,200 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Ok, ok, ok(Someone else needs to make a positive thread every 4 times a year, god this sucks). Calm down, take a breather, and repeat after Me. All is not lost

The problem here is not Joe, it's not the D, it's not John, it's the team. We as a whole did not show up yesterday. Yes it hurts but we have a two game lead, and if we win out, have second place. With that said, the season is over with Suggs out. IK,IK, as positive thread and bad news but let's consider this

The Defense is a huge part of the blame
Believe it or not THE OFFENSE DID THEIR JOB. They made a critical mistake, but that was a combo of a young Oline, and a mental mistake. But the D should've never let them get inside the 40. They needed a good spot and failed to get their.

I still want Cam gone. If you've known me on these boards, I am prob the biggest Cam hater on the planet. It's true. The scheme is the other half of the blame. The entire Air Coryale system is flawed. We need a new type of offense. The routes take to long to develop.

Now for the positives.
The O did its job see above.

Flacco wasn't as bad as everyone precived. His INT was his fault I agree, but the fumble is also bc of a young O-Line. Too be fair, Harbs using all the Time Outs didn't give him the chance to get the ball back to a clutch QB.

Rice showed up: but why didn't we use him more???????

Kruger and Art are for real. You heard it here first, they're good pass rushers.

Tucker is money
Koch is good
Jacoby is best KR in nfl, but shouldn't be starting at WR

Rg3 is formidable, but if you eliminate him, is their anyone else on the team that scares you? The answer is no. That D is crap. I see a win, if Suggs comes back, He will have a field day, bc that. Line cannot protect. I am not scared of Morris bc at this point, Pees is fighting for his job. Cam is as good as gone.

Remember all isn't lost. Think Positive, we can still pull it off

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,200 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

And plz excuse me of bad punctuation up there. Big hands on a iPhone keyboard are not a good combo

#3 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

The Ravens just need to squeak by through the CIN game. That would let the Ravens clinch easily. And note that the Steelers and Bengals will play each other in Week 16, further weakening the division competition!

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,200 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

The Ravens just need to squeak by through the CIN game. That would let the Ravens clinch easily. And note that the Steelers and Bengals will play each other in Week 16, further weakening the division competition!

I think Flacco needs to step it up. But yes, we win @Cincy we win the division. But I wouldn't mind having a higher draft pick either.

#5 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

very few people feel this way might be nice for the ravens if they actually had fans that liked the team .thanks for the post.

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#6 The Prestige

The Prestige

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

I truly believe Flacco would be in the MVP discussion if they went 3WR/4WR and used the SPEED of Thompson, Reed and Williams instead of guys like Pitta, Dickson, and Leach on nearly every play-action play. Imagine how clear the flat would be for Rice out of the backfield if Boldin was chipping then releasing and there were 3 more WR's out there.

The reason Ravens fans always go "Wow, how did they do that?" when they watch offenses like the Lions, Cowboys and Patriots is because those offenses use space, speed and "illegal contact" rules to make openings near the hash marks and across the middle.

My positives:
*There are likely tops five more games until the nerve-wracking, heartbreaking, addiction of Ravens leaves us with that empty feeling it always does.
*That tackle by David Reed
*Paul Kruger, except when he ran into the QB 1/3 second after he released the ball
*Cam Cameron screwed things up SO BAD that perhaps Joe will refuse to play for him, and we'll get a game plan that suits Joe
*the Rice/Pierce combo will one day be amazing, once Cam mixes things up so they aren't always running against 8-man fronts
*Boldin made some big plays
*Reed's INT
*Pollard played well

#7 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,117 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

On the bright side, you (ideally) never have to make this thread often. Why? Because the Ravens don't lose that often.

The down side? You have to make this thread after almost every other game anyway -- we are all spoiled by success. -_-

Posted Image

#8 TXRaven

TXRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

I am with you. We lost the game and it hurts. but we are 9-3 and have a 2 game lead in our division. Despite going through some key injuries and other things this team has found a way to get the job done. I believe thewy will continue to do so.

#9 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Yea thats what we should be thrilled about.... David Reed's special team tackle.... -__-

#10 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Let's not forget Corey Graham's great interception. He was quite the pick up this year.

#11 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

You learn more from a loss than a win, I expect the guys will be feeling embarrassed and humbled. Next week I think we'll see everyone reach deep down and bounce back.

#12 lowrider

lowrider

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

The Ravens had the game. HAD it. The Ravens let them off the hook. I can't help but to think that the Ravens stepped off the gas after Rice scored late in the 3rd quarter. Mental mistakes are so underrated. Rarely do the Ravens make killer mistakes, but Flacco's fumble was the killer mistake.

That being said, it would be ridiculous to completely write off the Ravens just because of this game. One game does not determine the entire year, but there are some problems need to address. But what team doesn't have mistakes to address. Peaking in December and January is what is important

#13 msufan

msufan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Cam has to go. Our offense is way to talented to be this bad. Earlyer in cam's tenure we could accept crapy O play because there was no one on offense that is no longer the case we have talent everywhere and the fact that cam refuses to adapt his scheme to fit the players that he has just shows how terrible he truly is at OC. I am a big supporter of harbaugh and this team, but it is truly becoming unbearable to watch our Offense.

#14 ravens88

ravens88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

ray rice with 13 touches in unexcusable but if you had asked me if we put 20 points would we have won? absolutely.. our defense had mistakes that looked like assignment issues people getting out positions and things like that. the pass rush is the real problem.. were 9-3 im not completely distraught but loses like this make you go crazy. cant wait till next sunday already we control our destiny with denver at home and the giants at home just take care of business.

#15 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,960 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Positive's huh?

We are 9-3 and 2 games ahead in the division. That is all. There is very little positive right now when we could not stop Charlie Batch and we have RGIII and the Manning brothers to come.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#16 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Positive's huh?

We are 9-3 and 2 games ahead in the division. That is all. There is very little positive right now when we could not stop Charlie Batch and we have RGIII and the Manning brothers to come.

Well, If Joe played like he's used to be, you don't see any of those names bothered much. It doesn't matter how good our defense are, our offense need to put some pts and many first downs. Our defense are playing with improvement greatly, but our Cam offense's success is unpredictable like stock market.
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#17 bdravens

bdravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

That game is the product of the rivalry. Everyone knew that game would be close. This time, it just didnt swing in our favor. With all due respect, though, Batch gets paid to be a QB in the NFL, back up or not, and he did his job.

Some fans of this team are horrible. If any non fan looked at this board, without knowing our record, one could honestly think we were in the running for the first overall pick in the '13 draft. We are 9-3. Not a pretty 9-3, but this isn't a pretty team. Year after year we have grinded games out and this is no different.

Half of this fan base should turn in their fan card. I hope non of those type people are at the game next weekend because I'll be there. I'll be there to watch us win our 10th game of the year while many of our "fans" sit on their thumbs talking about how bad Flacco is.

Also, Fire Cam.
"We have Anquan Boldin, and youuuu dooon't"-Zibby
Posted Image

#18 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,960 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Well, If Joe played like he's used to be, you don't see any of those names bothered much. It doesn't matter how good our defense are, our offense need to put some pts and many first downs. Our defense are playing with improvement greatly, but our Cam offense's success is unpredictable like stock market.

I agree on Cam's ineptitude however, our offense, for all their sub par play still managed 20 pts versus the #1 Defense. Our defense however, let Charlie Batch and a make shift O line hold the ball for the last 6 minutes of the game and drive down the field to win.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#19 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,200 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

ray rice with 13 touches in unexcusable but if you had asked me if we put 20 points would we have won? absolutely.. our defense had mistakes that looked like assignment issues people getting out positions and things like that. the pass rush is the real problem.. were 9-3 im not completely distraught but loses like this make you go crazy. cant wait till next sunday already we control our destiny with denver at home and the giants at home just take care of business.

We are usually furious after losing to PIT. But we didn't look like we were their to play them. Idc bout losing to them anymore. SKIP will have a field day, but he's an idiot. The Ravens are not done yet.

#20 ravens88

ravens88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

We are usually furious after losing to PIT. But we didn't look like we were their to play them. Idc bout losing to them anymore. SKIP will have a field day, but he's an idiot. The Ravens are not done yet.

i agree team seemed flat not really as hype for the steelers as usual, but we are no where near done just gotta get into the playoffs were still very much able to get that second seed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users