41 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,276 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Plus, Harbaugh said challenge flag was bad decision, Kruger apologetic for impactful penalty.

View the full article

#2 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Injuries are killing us this year.

#3 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Injuries have been a dager for us. If you want the god honest truth, I think if suggs is truly that injured, we do our best to get to the SB(3 more games and we have the division), but realistically our season is over. It just doesn't seem to be our year, not bc of poor play, but bc of injuries. I think that if Lewis and Webb were in with a fully healthy Suggs throughout the entire season we would win the AFC easily. The piss poor coaching of Cam Cameron doesn't help, and I think that if Steve is smart enough, he will tell oz to fire him at the end of the year. We have such a talented team, with a season plagued by injuries, and stupidity from Cam Cameron

#4 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

If we still had Webbb I wouldn't be so worried about our defense..... Ray Lewis was more an emotional dude than anything. So him getting hurt Actually will boost our explsiveness and Ellerbee,Mccalin are faster and have more of a thwack than ray. If our offense starts to take hits thn we'll go 9-7.... Which might actually still get us in the playoffs.... Oh well if we 10-6 or 11-5 12-4 13-3

#5 TheBigPurpleBird

TheBigPurpleBird

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

Its kinda hard to pin this one on Cam, we moved the ball pretty well. Flacco had a couple of errant throws, but was on target for most. The sack/fumble is what killed us, but it was what it was. We played a good game, but we got lucky they didn't put up more points. In the end, that roughing call sealed the deal and the misuse of timeouts insured we couldn't respond. Our team just had some mistakes that we couldn't overcome in the end. We need to put this behind us because our schedule is not going to let up. If we play like we did tonight against the donkeys, they are going to light us up, damn skins are on playing tough, and if you saw what the giants did to GB...well,then we also got Cinci. I will be happy if we can get 2 wins with our injuries over the next 4. Its all about getting to the playoffs, anything can happen there and we will probably have to play pitts again if we get there.

#6 HarleyOG

HarleyOG

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

Most problems i see with the ravens offense are bad decisions. I mean the offense played pretty good, but that one goal line drive when they held us to a field goal i was pissed. It was first and goal from the ten, and Ray Rice gets 6 yards. Then 2 incomplete passes and a field goal. Cmon, just run it at least once more, to see if he could just repeat the same yardage and get the TD.
Also, I think our offense would be so much more explosive if we had more of a screen game. We have great guys for it, Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Dickson for a TE sneaky screen, and Jacoby and Torrey for bubble screens. I mean Q could take one also, but hes the best blocker of the receivers. People say taking a shot is going deep(which it is), but how about hitting a screen and taking down the sideline for a 70 yard TD? One good block, and one good move by a speester like torrey or jacoby and they are gone.
im sure Ray Rice would bust a long one if we used them more often

#7 88keyz

88keyz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

Everything that went wrong yesterday was mental. I will be corrected by next weekend.

#8 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

If we still had Webbb I wouldn't be so worried about our defense..... Ray Lewis was more an emotional dude than anything. So him getting hurt Actually will boost our explsiveness and Ellerbee,Mccalin are faster and have more of a thwack than ray. If our offense starts to take hits thn we'll go 9-7.... Which might actually still get us in the playoffs.... Oh well if we 10-6 or 11-5 12-4 13-3

we lost one game when did we lose 7 or 6 or 5 and when in the history of this team have we ever lost 3 4 5 games in a row . the answer is never .relax

#9 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,278 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

Yesterday I said I'd really like to hear the explanation for the challenge from the guy who saw the replay up in the booth and suggested Harbaugh to throw the flag. now it seems Harbaugh made the decision on his own? Because if so than this one was the second most idiotic challenge this season, right after Schwarz's one two weeks ago. How did the guy think he could see it from the sidelines? How could he be so sure he didn't even ask for a quick check up in the booths?

We don't know what would have happened if he didn't challenge, how that would have changed the outcome of course (probably not much) - but surely that extra timeout would have come handy at the end.

bio

#10 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Everything that went wrong yesterday was mental. I will be corrected by next weekend.

and the truth will set you free. amen. we played to there level and they beat us we came into this game thinking it was in the bag . sadly it wasn't. we won't repeat

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Yesterday I said I'd really like to hear the explanation for the challenge from the guy who saw the replay up in the booth and suggested Harbaugh to throw the flag. now it seems Harbaugh made the decision on his own? Because if so than this one was the second most idiotic challenge this season, right after Schwarz's one two weeks ago. How did the guy think he could see it from the sidelines? How could he be so sure he didn't even ask for a quick check up in the booths?

We don't know what would have happened if he didn't challenge, how that would have changed the outcome of course (probably not much) - but surely that extra timeout would have come handy at the end.

bio

the challenge confused me but not as much as that playing being blown dead when flacco threw to leach while he was still upright then sacked ......

#12 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,278 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

there's one huge, fatal thing I see this season: the lack of consistency. There's simply no way of telling which Ravens come out of the tunnel: the one that can beat any team or the one that even struggles against teams like the Chiefs and wins only because the other team is somehow even weaker. No indication. The last time we had two really good games in a row was last season. This season we had 3 games where we played like a team with the Ravens roster strength should play: v the Bengals (week#1), the Pats (week#3) and the Raiders (w#10). All our other games we played much, much below the way this roster could play. And that's anything but promising for the playoffs, since this team should somehow put together an at least 2-game series of good play to getinto the Super bowl (3 if we go to the wild card round, entirely possible) and at least 3 A-game weeks in a row to win the Super Bowl.

And isn't that the goal?

bio

#13 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,278 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

the challenge confused me but not as much as that playing being blown dead when flacco threw to leach while he was still upright then sacked ......

Good you mentioned that... do we know why that play was stopped at all? I can't imagine any ref saw flacco's knee being down - it wasn't even close.

bio

#14 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

I think if ellerbe was there and Johnson maybe this would have been different now suggs maybe be out who's left on defense to back anyone up anymore for a playoff run.

#15 FloridalovesRavens

FloridalovesRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

No need to apologize Krug. You and the Ravens did your best. On to the next game. Go Ravens.

#16 dc5bundy

dc5bundy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

Good you mentioned that... do we know why that play was stopped at all? I can't imagine any ref saw flacco's knee being down - it wasn't even close.

bio

The head judge made the call, who was behind Flacco without a good view. He saw that Flacco was wrapped up and wasn't going to run or anything and made the call. It was total bs, but every ref has they're own interpretation of when forward progess is stopped.

I just wish Flacco would step up or step to the side .. step somewhere and stop taking so many bad sacks. But whatever .. you win some, you lose some.

Edited by dc5bundy, 03 December 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#17 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

the offense stinks

#18 Derrel

Derrel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Suggs made one play early, that's it. With all the hype about this guy, where the hell is he. Same as last season, he doesn't show up.

#19 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

losing to the steelers SUCKS!

~Mili

#20 tick101

tick101

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

kruger... not really mad at him because if the offence was playing like they played at home this season it wouldn't have gotten to a f.g. And I will say it again. pees has been doing better since he went in the box. cam take note and get ya butt up there lol. heck try it out cause you might see some things that you can't see on the ground and my bro went to see the game and he said the midddle of the field was clear d near the whole entire game but flacco has been keying on one wr... if he's not open you know who gets it... yup ray rice. but I wanna see more looks around the field. you have the weapons. used them. besides that. this game shouldn't have come to a field goal. now wake up and get back to work. forget this game. redskins are next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users