Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Breakdown: Ravens Lose Grip On AFC Race

132 posts in this topic

Eisenberg offers 5 gameday thoughts, including new mistakes and locker room mea culpas.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Breakdown-Ravens-Lose-Grip-On-AFC-Race/6bb62182-89de-47cc-88f7-68e915e96cd1]View the full article[/url]

I just got my mind off this game because I went and watched The Walking Dead. Now that its over and Im looking back on this game, what in the world was Cam Cameron thinking? What on Earth made him think he should have stopped running the ball! Almost every time Ray, or Pierce ran the ball it was like a 5-10 yard gain! Get him the heck out of here all ready man, when we had Boller and Crayton, the problem wasnt coaching it was talent on the offensive side of the ball, now its clear we have the talent, but why are we getting held back hmmm, maybe its the guy we complain about every year, and if I havent made it obvious yet im talking about Cam Cameron!

now at least i can focus on my research paper without wanting to watch highlights as usual after a win. ugh hate football right now. goddamnit i hate losing to the steelers. i'd rather lose by 50 to jacksonville than like this to them.

Harbaugh said he blew it when he threw a challenge flag on a Batch incompletion in the third quarter, costing the Ravens a timeout they desperately needed in the final minutes. Kruger said he let his teammates down by committing a personal foul on the final drive that put the Steelers in range for the game-winning kick. Flacco, who was wild high on some throws, said the offense failed to convert some big plays that were there for the taking in the early going.

Harbaugh said he blew it, Kruger said he let his teammates down and Flacco said the offense failed to convert some big plays that were there for the taking in the early going.

What a leader, everybody else maning up except for him.

Flacco needs to get his stuff together. We will win or die by Flacco's hand. It has been 5 years now, bottom line FLACCO, GET US TO THE PROMISE LAND! I still love you Flacco but their is to much talent with no rings.

Im glad we lost, they all need to wake the heck up. They are seriously playing with no heart at all except for maybe Ray Rice. They have been playing awful and i keep thinking they are gonna learn that they need to play more inspired but than they come back out and play the same way. Look at last year when we played the Steelers in our house and they wanted to beat them so bad and that killed them!! Where is that fire they use to have. Flacco looks like a dead fish out there... I could go on for hours something needs to change....

Pats 9-3, 8-1 AFC; Ravens 9-3, 8-2 AFC; if the season ended today the head to head game wouldn't matter, we would be #3 seed.

People who put this game entirely on Flacco don't know what they are talking about what so ever and just like to hate on Flacco. Flacco was not that good today, but he wasn't that bad either. He missed some passes, but he also had some amazing ones. We might not even be talking about this, if it weren't for Torrey dropping that perfect pass in the endzone. The O line stunk again, the receivers weren't focused, defense couldn't handle a 3rd string 37 year old QB who hasn't thrown a TD pass since 2010, and game maintenance was poor as well. Just an all around team loss today.

[quote name='HardKnocks' timestamp='1354508099' post='1244120']
Pats 9-3, 8-1 AFC; Ravens 9-3, 8-2 AFC; if the season ended today the head to head game wouldn't matter, we would be #3 seed.
[/quote]
We beat the Patriots so we would have the tie breaker which would still make us be #2 seed but the Broncos game coming up is a must win!!

we still should have won this game. its time to fed RAY RICE the ball (12 carries isn't enough). We are trying to hard to make Flacco a top 3 qb, instead of playing to our gameplan. Rice is a TRUE PROBOWLER, that deserves more touches. We have to many problems like receivers not getting open, flacco holding ball to long, and defense not geting off of field.

[quote name='The Negotiator' timestamp='1354507927' post='1244111']
WE need a Quarterback so bad that we are brain washed in believing Flacco is a top 10 Quarterback
[/quote]OK so after 7k post about flacco lets review you want an elite qb. How about drew brees oh that right he threw 5 interceptions and has a horrible record this year not elite i am sure .aaron rodgers lost more games then flacco so surely he is not elite .Eli manning has lost more games then flacco uh oh hes not elite. get the picture everyone in this league has lost games . we will recover from this .

[quote name='The Negotiator' timestamp='1354507568' post='1244096']
LUCK RG3 Wilson all rookies all 10 times better then flacco
[/quote]I thought there was an age limit to posting here wow knock it off

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354508807' post='1244148']
OK so after 7k post about flacco lets review you want an elite qb. How about drew brees oh that right he threw 5 interceptions and has a horrible record this year not elite i am sure .aaron rodgers lost more games then flacco so surely he is not elite .Eli manning has lost more games then flacco uh oh hes not elite. get the picture everyone in this league has lost games . we will recover from this .
[/quote]
The thing about all of those guys that you just listed is they play with passion and heart... Flacco does not

[quote name='Shutdowns-R-us' timestamp='1354507628' post='1244099']
Harbaugh said he blew it when he threw a challenge flag on a Batch incompletion in the third quarter, costing the Ravens a timeout they desperately needed in the final minutes. Kruger said he let his teammates down by committing a personal foul on the final drive that put the Steelers in range for the game-winning kick. Flacco, who was wild high on some throws, said the offense failed to convert some big plays that were there for the taking in the early going.

Harbaugh said he blew it, Kruger said he let his teammates down and Flacco said the offense failed to convert some big plays that were there for the taking in the early going.

What a leader, everybody else maning up except for him.
[/quote]I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Flacco never says "I" screwed up, it's always "we" or "the offense." It's so annoying.

Like I said in other threads, I don't have much faith in him anymore, but we really don't have a viable alternative.

[quote name='HardKnocks' timestamp='1354508099' post='1244120']
[/quote]The head to head is the first tiebreaker. The reason we would be #3 is because the Broncos are also 9-3, so in the three-way tie conference record is the tiebreaker.

[quote name='RavensReck27' timestamp='1354508956' post='1244156']
The thing about all of those guys that you just listed is they play with passion and heart... Flacco does not
[/quote]joe flacco doesnt show emotion like others do . i disagree i think he has allot of heart and passion and it showed tonight i was there and saw him on the sideline .

Man all I can see right now is Flacco sitting there flat footed not even moving around in the pocket, <profanity removed> making a ham and cheese sandwich 3rd and 5 with a wide open field to get the first down. And them bumm James Harrison sack fumble after having like 6 seconds to get rid of it. Then I see the Flacco in the AFC championship game last year like wow this is our guy. And you know It really pisses me off man cause we know he can do it but he just have to be more consistent at doing it. It's really frustrating as a fan so I know it is as a coach. But you know what 9-3 baby go ravens.

[quote name='The Negotiator' timestamp='1354507927' post='1244111']
WE need a Quarterback so bad that we are brain washed in believing Flacco is a top 10 Quarterback
[/quote]
Flacco may not be a top 10 QB but he is better than 20 other QBs in the league. Would you prefer a Heisman trophy winner like Tim ???

[quote name='The Negotiator' timestamp='1354507568' post='1244096']
LUCK RG3 Wilson all rookies all 10 times better then flacco
[/quote]

This is crap right here... a foolish comment actually.

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354509213' post='1244165']
joe flacco doesnt show emotion like others do . i disagree i think he has allot of heart and passion and it showed tonight i was there and saw him on the sideline .
[/quote]Flacco is extremely emotional on the sidelines-you see it at the games,

I need to correct a post made earlier (but I can't find it ) when i said we hadn't lost ground in standings in the conference i thought the broncos lost today however that was not true. denver is now a must win we lose then we are road warriors for the playoffs.

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354509213' post='1244165']
joe flacco doesnt show emotion like others do . i disagree i think he has allot of heart and passion and it showed tonight i was there and saw him on the sideline .
[/quote]
Okay yeah on the sideline, but I don't see it with his play on the field. It is hard to recognize what his drive is.

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1354509395' post='1244173']
Flacco is extremely emotional on the sidelines-you see it at the games,
[/quote] yes that is what i meant i saw it tonight at the game sadly they don't show that on tv .

@ratedr

We are actually a half of game behind the Pats, while we're tied at 9-3 we are 8-2 in the conference and they are 8-1, if we was 9-3 and 8-1 we would be currently the #2 seed regardless of Broncos unless they were 9-3 and 8-1 as well.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1354509018' post='1244159']
I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Flacco never says "I" screwed up, it's always "we" or "the offense." It's so annoying.

Like I said in other threads, I don't have much faith in him anymore, but we really don't have a viable alternative.
[/quote]Mark sanchez should be available next season, Matt cassell maybe ,Tim tebow,alex smith ......I'll take flacco any day over any of those .

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354509467' post='1244176']
yes that is what i meant i saw it tonight at the game sadly they don't show that on tv .
[/quote]They hardly ever do, they never show him talking to the coaches, looking at pics or talking up the receivers and he gets slammed for all of that,

Man all I can see right now is Flacco sitting there flat footed not even moving around in the pocket, <profanity removed> making a ham and cheese sandwich 3rd and 5 with a wide open field to get the first down. And them bumm James Harrison sack fumble after having like 6 seconds to get rid of it. Then I see the Flacco in the AFC championship game last year like wow this is our guy. And you know It really pisses me off man cause we know he can do it but he just have to be more consistent at doing it. It's really frustrating as a fan so I know it is as a coach. But you know what 9-3 baby go ravens.

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354509790' post='1244184']
Mark sanchez should be available next season, Matt cassell maybe ,Tim tebow,alex smith ......I'll take flacco any day over any of those .
[/quote]Well of course you would, because those guys are terrible. That doesn't make Flacco great. It just means he's not awful.

I hope we play teams with losing records in the playoffs so we can win by double digits, oh damn that's impossible.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1354509946' post='1244188']
Well of course you would, because those guys are terrible. That doesn't make Flacco great. It just means he's not awful.
[/quote] Good qb's are hard to come by if flacco got hurt and taylor played we would lose the game has not slowed down for him yet but yeah he is ore mobile . Not everyone is peyton manning ,if we had a payton we would not have an ed reed or a ray lewis because we could not afford all of them . flacco is a good qb he is struggling they all do . Brees, rodgers, brady, and eli manning all struggled at some point this year . all considered elite and Peyton struggled too this year.

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354510325' post='1244197']
Good qb's are hard to come by if flacco got hurt and taylor played we would lose the game has not slowed down for him yet but yeah he is ore mobile . Not everyone is peyton manning ,if we had a payton we would not have an ed reed or a ray lewis because we could not afford all of them . flacco is a good qb he is struggling they all do . Brees, rodgers, brady, and eli manning all struggled at some point this year . all considered elite and Peyton struggled too this year.
[/quote]Flacco is too inconsistent. It's not even game to game with him, it's drive to drive. I'm tired of the rollercoaster, but I also recognize that he gives us our best chance to win right now.

Flacco always struggle in huge implication games, you don't have to hate, love, dislike or like him to see that.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1354510569' post='1244201']
Flacco is too inconsistent. It's not even game to game with him, it's drive to drive. I'm tired of the rollercoaster, but I also recognize that he gives us our best chance to win right now.
[/quote]I think we all get frustrated but in three years I have not found one NFL team that doesn't lose at least one game and your correct he does give us a chance to win .

But Pittsburgh made all the big plays down the stretch, as the Ravens' killer instinct faltered. [u][i][b]Maybe that's why the Ravens" locker room cleared out so quickly, as numerous players hit the door with their headphones on, not anxious to break down what happened.[/b][/i][/u]

^ i would have cleared out of there to after that performance tonight.

~Mili

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1354511155' post='1244213']
I think we all get frustrated but in three years I have not found one NFL team that doesn't lose at least one game and your correct he does give us a chance to win .
[/quote] the hard part is knowing if things don't change we can't beat anyone playing like this but this team will rebound we have never blown games two three four in a row . i think fans are reacting to that knowledge harbaugh is not turner he won't allow a talented team to throw away there/his future.

The Ravens just need to knock out the Bengals. Then the division will be firmly in Baltimore's hands! Besides, PIT and CIN will cannibalize on each other in Week 16.

OC and DC gotta go - if Harbaugh doesnt step up Mr Newsome may have to rattle the cage given Harbaugh's loyalty to the dinosaur that OC Cam Cameron is. Why can' they see this?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? I wonder if Cam has suggestive photos of Harbaughthat allows him to keep his job. LOL!

The Ravens lost a serious grip on my heart thinking this team has any chance of doing anything this season, with a loss like that.

Tough game but the Ravens will bounce back.Time to focus on the rest of the season.Play every game like a playoff game.

John, don't u think if u weren't working for the Raven's organization u'd be a bit more objective. Case settled out of court. No, really all jokes aside the Ravens record is good on paper until u see whom they beat. With the exception of NE early in the season w/o one or two of Tom's receivers the only top tier team they played shellacked them. I think that's the reason for the concern on the part of loyal Ravens fans. When a fan has to sign a statement as to the virtues of his team before the throngs of other crazy fans it starts to get a bit out of hand. You can be objective and find fault as well as heap praise and be a fan. That being said Ray's sound advice for a positive outlook is wonderful to hear for every part of everyday life. They, the Steelers weren't lucky. They executed. We the Ravens to rephrase Ray's words of experience didn't. Onto the next game. There is no other way to look at it when you're a champ.

I went to the game in 2010 when we lost and the same thing happened yesterday...another strip sack. I can't just put this on Joe, the whole team did not come to play. Ray Rice doesn't touch the ball in the 4th quarter still blows my mind and I have nothing to say about Cam Cameron, its the same ol story. Nobody played well yesterday point blank period.

I can't wait for Bishotti to sign Flacco to a long term contract! Maybe then all of you "Flacco Haters" will leave this site and go RAG on Matt RYAN or anybody else; just so long as I don't have to read your BS on this site!!!!!

So much for being dominant at home. At least it was against the top defense in the league. Hopefully our guys can pull it together for Peyton and then the Giants pass rush after that. NE still has to play HOU so we can grab that 2nd seed back.