Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Sack-Strip On Joe Flacco Costs Ravens Again

169 posts in this topic

The Ravens quarterback said he was about to tuck the ball when he was hit by James Harrison.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Sack-Strip-On-Joe-Flacco-Costs-Ravens-Again/16b362dc-09d8-4c08-839e-485466eb9d53]View the full article[/url]

If Oher could block Joe wouldn't have gotten stripped. Oher is soft and can't chuck. If the receivers were open Joe could have gotten rid of the ball but noone was open. It all seems to fall on Joe but where's the outcry for the lousy O line?

Cam & Harbaugh might be thinking that this is a home game and our offense gonna be awesome & forgetting rest.

Joe can't throw the ball if nobodys open. That's a direct reflection of the poor play design that Cam comes up with. No combo routes, no double moves, no come back routes at all. Just run all 9 routes .

Flacco, if I was you, I would just go to the new team next year. Uncreative offensive coordinator and being a scape goat for team must sucks. I heard the Cardinals need a Qb. Lets see if my ravens would even make the playoff next year without avearge joe or bum joe.

Joe also can't throw the ball and catch it too. Smith dropped TD pass killed us. I don't think joe is elite but he is no game manager, he wins us games but when he is average everyone else needs to step up or step down.

Cam needs to go. Everything is deep down the sidelines. Whenever we use slants or the middle of the field we have success (early in this game, 4th/OT against the Chargers) but we never use it consistently over the course of any game. I don't think Torrey Smith goes inside the numbers more than 5 times per game and that's when he can take short passes into big games.

yes he doesn't know how to scramble its not like he tried to get the ball away and got called down by contact when he was 2 feet from the ground. O wait he did. BIO!

Well I'm out a Joe Flacco jersey now. He needs more awareness in the pocket. It drives me crazy that everytime he gets hit we have to hold our breath to see if he fumbles it or not.

Joe Sucks........He has better record because of our defence. He is not worth for contract what he ask.

Btw, our offense didn't have a problem moving the ball most part of the game. We just need to score touchdowns and get PRESSURE on the opposing qbs. Charlie batch can go though his read aganin and again if he really wants to.

after that ed reed pick, why in the world did we mind to pass he ball with 9 min left and TD lead? RAY RICE AND BERNARD PIERCE WERE EATING ALIVE THE STEELERS D!!! JESUS CAM CAMERON NEEDS TO BE FIRED! yea i know joe didnt play great but what do u want him to do when our o-line cant block and noone is open? hes not big ben, hes not gonna rnu out of the pocket and make a play. mARK MY WORDS EVEN WITH ALL THSE STRUGGLES AND LUCK TIS YEAR. WE WILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL!

Yea i am tired of Joe getting all the blame for every thing i mean makes me sick some times. U see how Joe didn't stop pits from running all over us i mean he should a made those tackles and kept tighter coverage.

That wasn't the only play that cost us the game. The Ravens were tremendously out played and out coached the entire game. I knew we were gonna lose by 3 points when we came out and threw the ball 8 times in a row completing only 3 of them. The main reason was horrible play calling by Cam Cameron again. Ray Rice had 12 carries for 80 yds. I'd rather see Rice and Pierce get 2 or 3 yds a play than flacco drop back almost 40 times and complete 16 passes. The Ravens win when Rice gets the ball, end of story. Flacco has proven himself time in and time out to be a choke artist, yes he's had a few game winners but he's choked many more times than he hasn't. And Harbaugh challenging that stupid play where there was no chance of getting it reversed and Flacco burning a timeout just to punt on the next play left us with a fumbling quarterback giving the ball away with 2mins left and 0 time outs. So as much as Ik'd love to say Joe's 100th Sack Fumble cost us the game it wasn't only that

Flacco's mobility is a massive weakness for us. Watch the Packers or Colts or these other teams. Their QBs are escaping pressure making the pass rusher job hard. Rodgers is older than Flacco its not like its a youth thing either. Flacco sits back doesn't climb the pocket, and takes these hits where he easily could get mobile. its so aggravating

Several individual plays cost us a lot in that game, but once again it was the play calling that really cost us. If Cam Cameron is going to remain OC for the balance of the year- then someone needs to get into the playbook and either find -or design a couple of third down plays that can get us a quick five or six yards. We have a play for 3rd and 30 -we ran it almost EVERY SINGLE THIRD DOWN.

You can't continue to put Flacco back there and make him have to wait out 6 and 7 second patterns. Other teams have something called a "slant". I know, I've seen it. Two steps, bang, 6 yards. Perfect play for 3rd and 4. We only have the deep out. Third and one: deep out. Third and 5: deep out. Third and 11: deep out.

And I can't conceive why we only sent four rushers after cinder-block footed Charlie Batch. All game long. We put young linebackers in a soft zone in critical downs and let slo-foot Batch hit Miller over the middle. And a six minute drive to win the game? Inexplicable.

Also, someone hide that red flag from John Harbaugh.

Finally, Ozzie shares a lot of blame for this season falling apart- and it is falling apart. By letting JJ go, and sticking with some of the non-tackling linebackers, we took way too many steps backward. There is talent on this team, but the leadership this year has been abysmal. Constantly putting our guys in bad situations. Not taking advantage of the few strengths we have on offense and putting our defense on their heels hoping they won't break in the red zone.

We build in a prescription for failure each week.

Posted
30 minutes agoCams play book- 1st down- Q- Go route Torrey- Go route Pitta- quick out Bajema- Stick 2nd down= Q- Go route Torrey- Go route Pitta- quick out Bajema- Stick 3rd down- Q- Go route Torrey- Go route Jones= go route Pitta Go route 4th-punt, CAM "its okay guys, Ill call the same plays next drive. hopefully our D can bail us out and save my job. Ill continue to feed you these lousy plays and hopefully pitt forgets what routes i called last time out" if us fans can see this why cant our coaches?? Dont get me wrong I love my team, I love Harbs. Hes a great coach...But CAM CAMERON WILL BE THE DEATH OF THIS TEAm. Joe cant do everything, He cant control the same plays that cam gives him the whole game. We need a new oc that will allow joe to excel, MY goodness im so tired of our fair weather fans. Joe is our man!!!!!! Its Cam that is the burden. I can sit at home and guess the play call next. Get cam out of towm before he blows our season.....AGAIN Win or lose I love my team no matter what. The point is, We had the game. Its not All Flaccos fault. Its our OC. Hes got to go. Flacco makes the plays when they are there, Lets all move on,

Tough loss that didn't have to happen. The offense played down today, and the D was exposed again , even with great effort. Philly, San Diego, etc., are teams that are gonna be blown up this off season. We will need to bring in players on both sides of the ball to bring us to where we need to be. Oher is not a left tackle in the NFL guys. You cannot make him one. Our pass rush needs to be up graded. Time to make room for a new O.C. It's not working. Dean P. is a bridge to our next D.C. I think the culture has to change. Today, we made an old QB look good and it could have been worst. DeCosta may need to move in faster than planned.

[quote name='Joe Flacco is #1' timestamp='1354502930' post='1243841']
Yea i am tired of Joe getting all the blame for every thing i mean makes me sick some times. U see how Joe didn't stop pits from running all over us i mean he should a made those tackles and kept tighter coverage.
[/quote]

They had 80 yds on the ground between 3 backs. Rice had 80yds with only 12 carries. Joe does not and will not WIN the games. Rice does that. And as far as tighter coverage? 2Int's and fumble recovery just for Joe to hand the ball back on the next play yea thats totally the defenses fault. I mean they only held the Steelers to 280yds. Oh thats right Joe was 16 for 36 and only threw for 188yds. The defense can't make Joe throw the ball in the same area code as his receivers.

BOTTOM LINE, I'll keep it short and sweet:
When you stand in the pocket (at times, seemingly forever) without barely moving- around, or anywhere- those things happen, and happen, and happen, and happen........I am realllllly getting tired of it. Really. THAT was a MAJOR CHOKE.

OHHHHH I know lets call old Kyle Boller and give him one more shot..... Look at who we had before Joe (excluding Johnny U, and Dilfer) Then call joe a scrub or bum or not elite or whatever. Without joe we wouldnt be as good as we are