2126 replies to this topic

#1241 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

i feel this. Joe made a statement in his presser after the Raiders game when he was pulled late. he stated something to this effect; "yeah! you'd like to stay in there and put up some more stats!" when i heard that....i was like...no wonder why he's audibling out of run plays and just launching the ball all over the damn field. c'mon man! smh! the ONLY state worthy fighting for is that of being a Superbowl Champion.

~Mili

C'mon now you cant just make assumptions like that. Now look at the Saints last year THEY were pressing drew brees to get stats. They would be up by like 4 scores and leave Brees in there to throw all over the place-why he finished with 5400+pass yards! They played the colt last year on sunday night football and the score was like 49-7 or something like that and they let Drew finish the entire game running up over 60 points and go for 400 yards and 5 tds. Now THAT is running up your stats. If Flacco wanted better stats or more passing plays he would complain to cam alot moren than he does...and he probably doesnt at all. Just because he audibles out of passing plays doesnt mean anything, it shows that he is in charge out there and sees something that we dont-a better opportunity to make a play. And im not sure if you are going towards him trying to run up his stats in order to be paid top dollar in the offseason, but if you are Flacco could throw 25 interceptions this year and would still be taken in free agency in 2 seconds if we let him walk. He would have no problem making money for another team. So I think you are just constorting what Flacco said too much, he is a humble guy he doesnt care about stats more than winning a superbowl.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#1242 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Arians got fired because the Steelers owner wanted to change offensive philosophy to a more run based approach. Its not that Arians scheme wasnt working, its just that they wanted to go in a different direction.

I cant explain Mularky. I dont know enough about the Falcons offense to give a valid opinion on it.

I can explain Cam though. It makes sense on paper to keep him

Here is his resume

2008 - Playoff appearance + afc championship appearance with a rookie Flacco. 11 wins
2009 - 9-7 record with another playoff appearance and loss to the eventual superbowl afc representative.
2010 - 12-4 record with a loss to superbowl afc rep Pitt.
2011 - 12-4 record, won the division, swept Pitt, afc championship appearance.

You dont get rid of a guy like that. However, like I said before his resume is very misleading. The offense, I believe, has never finished in top 10 in any yardage category. He has cost us multiple games through stupid decisions (Rice getting 5 touches against Jags). The defense during these years has been nothing short of spectacular making it so the offense only had to do the bare minimum to win games.

Yea that is what I always try and explain to people...he is a terrible offensive coordinator on a great team. Obviously he is the most vannila coordinator of all time and does the bare minimum to win games and is very inconsistant. But Harbaugh, Ozzie, Biscotti are all happy with the wins and vow that everyone in the cabinet-cam included are doing what needs to be done to get closer to a championship. Could our offense be better without cam? ABSOLUTELY! However we are still winning games and Flacco is in line to put up career high stats in yards, and our offense "isnt doing that bad" according to Harbaugh. My guess is that Cam will be here next season. I want him gone NOW let alone next season or the offseason...but that likely wont happen. Hopefully they will look at the facts-cam is mediocre doesnt know how to coordinate and run a balanced offense, and the fact that we could do WAYYYY better on the offensive side of the ball. There is still a chance Cam will be fired but like you pointed out, Ozzie Steve and harbaugh will all look at the resume. Andy Reid has never gotten a superbowl ring and is about to be fired from the most mediocre team in football this season, but will be a head coach 2 seconds after he is fired. He might look feeble or like a bad head coach which I kind of think he is...but his many many wins tell other wise.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#1243 allballs

allballs

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

i wouldnt be surprised if we lose out:
rg3 , peyton, eli, dalton/green/the Law
we're bad, just like Rome said, pretenders, its so sad. Joe Flacco sucks.
the redskins hav a complex defensive shceme, peyton will just shred us and their d my devour flacco who will stand there and let them do it, we usually own eli, but tuck and osi will smash flacco all night,
and then to visit cinci with playoffs on the line, we may end up 9-7. what a tragedy....

#1244 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,211 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

i wouldnt be surprised if we lose out:
rg3 , peyton, eli, dalton/green/the Law
we're bad, just like Rome said, pretenders, its so sad. Joe Flacco sucks.
the redskins hav a complex defensive shceme, peyton will just shred us and their d my devour flacco who will stand there and let them do it, we usually own eli, but tuck and osi will smash flacco all night,
and then to visit cinci with playoffs on the line, we may end up 9-7. what a tragedy....

while it could unfold the way you said, i can't see the leaders on this team letting it happen. We will make the playoffs one way or another.

#1245 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

The main concern that I have about Flacco and in all the Flacco discussion is is Cam Cameron holding him back from reaching his full potential? I am seriously considering Norv Turner next year if he is available because I do not think Cam is the answer.

#1246 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,211 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

For the record, 18.3 percent of joes attempts travel more than 20 yards in the air. Good for first in the league by almost 2 percent. Brees and Brady hover around 13 percent, Eli and Peyton are around 12 percent. Matt Ryan has the lowest in the league at 10.4. Rodgers just above him at 10.9 percent.

Joe completes under 40 percent of them, which is 4th worst on the league, yet we still insist on throwing them? Cam is top, Rodgers and Peyton second and third, maybe because they don't attempt the, that much so when they do players are more open, as well as them being generally more accurate.

He completes 70 percent of passes thrown under 20 yards. Common sense would be pass deep less, pass short and intermediate more often.

#1247 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Yea that is what I always try and explain to people...he is a terrible offensive coordinator on a great team. Obviously he is the most vannila coordinator of all time and does the bare minimum to win games and is very inconsistant. But Harbaugh, Ozzie, Biscotti are all happy with the wins and vow that everyone in the cabinet-cam included are doing what needs to be done to get closer to a championship. Could our offense be better without cam? ABSOLUTELY! However we are still winning games and Flacco is in line to put up career high stats in yards, and our offense "isnt doing that bad" according to Harbaugh. My guess is that Cam will be here next season. I want him gone NOW let alone next season or the offseason...but that likely wont happen. Hopefully they will look at the facts-cam is mediocre doesnt know how to coordinate and run a balanced offense, and the fact that we could do WAYYYY better on the offensive side of the ball. There is still a chance Cam will be fired but like you pointed out, Ozzie Steve and harbaugh will all look at the resume. Andy Reid has never gotten a superbowl ring and is about to be fired from the most mediocre team in football this season, but will be a head coach 2 seconds after he is fired. He might look feeble or like a bad head coach which I kind of think he is...but his many many wins tell other wise.

To be fair you cant compare Reid to Cameron. Reid is a good coach but has had to deal with 2 problems over the last two seasons.

1. Lack of o line this year
2. Defense gelling last year ie bad scheme but he is an offensive minded coach so yea he needed to hire a more competent coordinator for that talent. One who will get Nnamdi in positions where he can be effective.

#1248 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

For the record, 18.3 percent of joes attempts travel more than 20 yards in the air. Good for first in the league by almost 2 percent. Brees and Brady hover around 13 percent, Eli and Peyton are around 12 percent. Matt Ryan has the lowest in the league at 10.4. Rodgers just above him at 10.9 percent.

Joe completes under 40 percent of them, which is 4th worst on the league, yet we still insist on throwing them? Cam is top, Rodgers and Peyton second and third, maybe because they don't attempt the, that much so when they do players are more open, as well as them being generally more accurate.

He completes 70 percent of passes thrown under 20 yards. Common sense would be pass deep less, pass short and intermediate more often.

The problem with your idea is that it contradicts the nature of the Air Coryell system which is to take shots deep outside the numbers to open up the run game up the middle which in turn will open up the deep ball game outside the numbers. Again the prob with the system is what you pointed out, but I'm just explaining why Cam doesnt do it which is smart. If he is running that type of system, than he has to call the plays that make that system work. Its a bad idea for him to run the system, but the playcalling to make the system work is in fact correct. The flaw lies within the system and the plays it forces the coordinator to call to make the system work, not the actual playcalling.

Edited by Sizzlebshu, 08 December 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#1249 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Damn. 70 percent of passes under 20 yards? That's a damn good number.

#1250 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,870 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

C'mon now you cant just make assumptions like that. Now look at the Saints last year THEY were pressing drew brees to get stats. They would be up by like 4 scores and leave Brees in there to throw all over the place-why he finished with 5400+pass yards! They played the colt last year on sunday night football and the score was like 49-7 or something like that and they let Drew finish the entire game running up over 60 points and go for 400 yards and 5 tds. Now THAT is running up your stats. If Flacco wanted better stats or more passing plays he would complain to cam alot moren than he does...and he probably doesnt at all. Just because he audibles out of passing plays doesnt mean anything, it shows that he is in charge out there and sees something that we dont-a better opportunity to make a play. And im not sure if you are going towards him trying to run up his stats in order to be paid top dollar in the offseason, but if you are Flacco could throw 25 interceptions this year and would still be taken in free agency in 2 seconds if we let him walk. He would have no problem making money for another team. So I think you are just constorting what Flacco said too much, he is a humble guy he doesnt care about stats more than winning a superbowl.

three words....Joe said it!

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"We have an opportunity to get to the playoffs.

None of these teams are better than us. Let’s go prove it!”

- John Harbaugh

#1251 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,211 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

~Mili

find me the interview, I'd bet my life savings that he said it jokingly

#1252 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,870 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

I think you and mili are reading too far into that quote. To me, it's obviously a lighthearted joke about wanting to put up stats. Joe likes to joke around.

really? and you know this how Raven?

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

- John Harbaugh

#1253 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,870 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

find me the interview, I'd bet my life savings that he said it jokingly

you go find it! it was after the Raiders game. i've lived long enough to discern jokes brah. bottomline...he said it! it is out there and this is my observation of what was said.

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 08 December 2012 - 05:12 PM.

@Mili

mili1.png

- John Harbaugh

#1254 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

I think you and mili are reading too far into that quote. To me, it's obviously a lighthearted joke about wanting to put up stats. Joe likes to joke around.

Joking or not, comments come from the top of the conscience mind; besides that was in no way funny.

Edited by HoldingCall, 08 December 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#1255 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

really? and you know this how Raven?

~Mili

1. Joe is not a serious dude. He likes to joke.
2. I used logic and common sense. Joe has never seemed the type to worry about numbers.

Seriously, you're reading way too far into this, like always.

Joking or not, comments come from the top of the conscience mind; besides that was in no way funny.

It's not meant to be a LOL type joke, just a light hearted comment about stats.

If you guys want to believe that he just wanted to pad his stats, go ahead, but I think you're both making crazy assumptions based on a lighthearted comment by a lighthearted guy.

Edited by The Raven, 08 December 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#1256 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

I like Joe and all, but I agree with this %100 precent (note Bleacher Report actually made a good article)'
http://bleacherrepor...-in-the-offense
Banned

#1257 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,870 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

1. Joe is not a serious dude. He likes to joke.
2. I used logic and common sense. Joe has never seemed the type to worry about numbers.

Seriously, you're reading way too far into this, like always.

i'm not about to go back and forth over what Joe "meant" by what he said when i both watched it and heard it for myself. smh! so i'll leave this portion of the thread discussion with this.....many a truth is spoken in jest!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 08 December 2012 - 07:54 PM.

@Mili

mili1.png

- John Harbaugh

#1258 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

I like Joe and all, but I agree with this %100 precent (note Bleacher Report actually made a good article)'
http://bleacherrepor...-in-the-offense

I hardly ever read articles from there anymore, but all I had to do was read each of his top points, and I agree with every one of them. Everything he said has been said here by a bunch of posters for a while now. Besides, I think Joe plays better, or at least much more efficiently, when the pass and run are balanced.

#1259 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Alot of this is due to rule changes. Cam is as decent as they come at coordinating offense.

If you actually believe that we have nothing to discuss. But rule changes have little to do with it - what rule changes occurred between 2005 and 2006 that took Drew Brees from 3500 yards to 4400 yards? I see defenders not being able to hit quarterbacks below the knees, I see several rules that help the defense such as elimination of the force out rule, I see removal of the incidental facemask penalty, I see incomplete forward handoffs considered fumbles instead of incomplete passes, I see no lunging at the quarterbacks legs from on the ground, and no hits on defenseless players, and that's from 2005-2012. None of those rules can make a guy up his completion percentage 5 percent and his yards by over 1000 in one season. In my opinion, Cam is what he is - a guy who's good at fundamentals, but can't coach a mature offense and spread the ball out - which is why we're near the bottom of the league in 3+ receiver sets - Jacoby Jones was in on 10, yes 10, offensive snaps against Pittsburgh, and only 14 the first time in Pittsburgh - he's on pace to finish with fewer snaps, targets, receptions and TDs as our 3rd wideout than he was in Houston last year, behind AJ and Walter. The way to beat Pittsburgh is to spread them out and take advantage of their thin secondary, yet we insist on running 2 receiver sets the entire time.

Edited by Ravenslifer, 08 December 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#1260 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

~Mili

Reporter: Joe, how does it feel over on the sidelines in the 4th quarter knowing you don't have to play?
Joe: I don't know, a small part of you wants to stay in there and put up stats but you know you're going to be really running the ball anyway. You're just happy to see Tyrod and some of the other guys get a chance to get in there and play.

And from that you take away that Joe is just interested in the numbers? That's really reaching.

Edited by ravensdfan, 08 December 2012 - 10:12 PM.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users