50 replies to this topic

#1 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

So im looking for ideas for a pet. I dont really want a dog, or a cat but am considering a jungle cat breed. I dont want any reptiles or anything like that. So far the only thing ive really narrowed it down to is a giant flemish rabbit, which is what it sounds like....a very big bunny. Was just wandering if any of you guys have some input on anything, but not looking for a dog. thanks guys
KCCO

#2 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,610 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

So im looking for ideas for a pet. I dont really want a dog, or a cat but am considering a jungle cat breed. I dont want any reptiles or anything like that. So far the only thing ive really narrowed it down to is a giant flemish rabbit, which is what it sounds like....a very big bunny. Was just wandering if any of you guys have some input on anything, but not looking for a dog. thanks guys

I love my cats. I think they are awesome pets.

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

French Toast Mafia GM

Twitter

#3 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,610 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

I also have a black lab and a semi-big fish tank.

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

French Toast Mafia GM

Twitter

#4 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,154 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Boston Bull Terrier. : D

#5 MissK528

MissK528

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I "have" a cat (family cat, she lives at my mom's house) who's adorable. She's somewhere buried in the Random Cat thread.

I wouldn't recommend an exotic breed of cat. They're not fully domesticated yet, so they aren't the best pets. And they need TONS of play time since they've got that wild blood.

You may want to reconsider a dog as far as Japanese Chins go. They act like cats. And they're cute.

Also, hamsters are awesome. I had one. It bit my cat. And tried to roll over the other cat in his hamster ball. Yeah, he was a little evil. I also enjoy mice. If they sniff your face it tickles like crazy because of the super fine whiskers.

#6 MissK528

MissK528

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Oh, and bunnies are amazing.

One day I will have kitties and bunnies (Netherland dwarf and mini-lop variety) and roborovski hamsters (my hamster had "social issues" and roborovski hamsters hate playing with people, so that's what I'm used to) and gerbils and fancy mice and I'll be the crazy pet lady.

#7 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

We have a dog and I hate him.

We also have gone through our share of hermit crabs. Its really surprising how much personality these things could have.
They are pretty neat.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#8 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

I've had fish, lizards, a garter snake, turtles, rabbits, cats, and guinea pigs. I have to say my favorites were the cats - relatively easy to take care of and they had more personality than the others. Not to mention you can leave them if you go away on short trips and they're fine as long as you leave enough food and water. I've heard different things about jungle cat breeds, overall my impression is that they're much harder to take care of because of their nature, though it is possible. I'd first ask yourself how much time you have to devote - I've never been in a position where I've had the time to take care of a dog, so I've never owned one. But if you have the time and you're willing to train one, one of my good friends has a Shelty and he's incredibly smart.

#9 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

16 lb Miniature Dachshund.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

First off, i dont have a problem with cats, just kind of wanting somethin different. And as far as dogs, this may sound dumb but i have a dog that my exwife has, we got him when he was 3 months old and hes going on 7 years. I feel wierd about getting another dog while hes still alive, crazy i know. Im sill up in the air, i don have a job and will be going to school, so ill have plenty of time to spend with the new pet. Ive done a lot of research on jungle cats and they are a possibility. But ive had rats and hamsters, scorpions, bearded dragons, etc...not waning anything like that. Or chinchillas. So i might stick with the bunny.
KCCO

#11 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Okayyyyyy I'm doneeeee
Don't get pets.

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Go San Jose Sharks and Baltimore Orioles as well!!!

#12 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

I have 3 cats. 1 is always by my side, (her name is "Raven" btw :D), another is always with my fiancee, and the 3rd just does her own thing lol. I was a dog person growing up, but I've grown to love cats. Very good pets

Edited by bauer77, 03 December 2012 - 12:59 AM.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#13 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

My Border Collie Shady...
Posted Image
Posted Image
He's a good dog, just a handful!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#14 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

This is my African Grey 'Poncho'
Posted Image
I've had her my whole life, she can live up to like 100! She was also on the news right before the Ravens won the superbowl singing who let the dogs out. - My grandfather met Brian Billick on a plane and he said he wanted to buy her from us. She's got over 100 words, I can't imagine not always hearing her haha

Edited by Ravens<3, 06 December 2012 - 08:09 AM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#15 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,705 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Keeping large, aggressive fish is pretty cool. I have a jaguar, she's vicious.

Posted Image

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#16 jus'_crAzy

jus'_crAzy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

I never really understood what you do with a rabbit. Does it just sit in a cage all day? Do you let it roam free around the house like a cat? All I know is that you can put pancakes on its head.

(OO=[||][||]=OO)  ///M

#17 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,213 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

I have a West Highland White Terrier and a bunny rabbit. Westies are very lovable and smart, but also stubborn. Great with kids too.

Posted Image

#18 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,460 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

This is my African Grey 'Poncho'
Posted Image
I've had her my whole life, she can live up to like 100! She was also on the news right before the Ravens won the superbowl last year singing who let the dogs out. - My grandfather met Brian Billick on a plane and he said he wanted to buy her from us. She's got over 100 words, I can't imagine not always hearing her haha

Sweet story

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#19 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,114 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I had a Westie for over 14 years (lost him to cancer). He was incredibly full of personality, everyone loved him, but "stubborn" was the word. If he didn't want to do something when I told him to, I would have to swear at him to make him mind. I could yell at him to get in the house until I was blue in the face, but the minute I'd say "get in the damn house", he would go.

The smartest (and just plain best) dog I ever had was a miniature schnauzer. You could see that dog figure things out.
10wmids.jpg

#20 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,213 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I had a Westie for over 14 years (lost him to cancer). He was incredibly full of personality, everyone loved him, but "stubborn" was the word. If he didn't want to do something when I told him to, I would have to swear at him to make him mind. I could yell at him to get in the house until I was blue in the face, but the minute I'd say "get in the damn house", he would go.

The smartest (and just plain best) dog I ever had was a miniature schnauzer. You could see that dog figure things out.

Aww, didn't know you had a Westie too! Very sorry for your loss. My boy is 12 now and still acts like a puppy, although he sleeps 18-20 hours a day haha :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users