Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info »
Close

Photo

[News] The Caw: Ravens, Steelers Secretly Friends?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

I had never seen anything like it before. Steelers safety Ryan Clark was in the RAVENS locker room after Baltimore’s 13-10 win in Pittsburgh two weeks ago. And he was yucking it up, having a gran...

View the full article

#2 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

I have no problem with their friendships. Its great that they have love & REspect offf the field, But .. Fierceness on the field

#3 mearzunkies

mearzunkies

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Why should they HATE Each other????? I do not hate anyone except extremists that threaten and kill innocents. NOW I do dislike folks but I do not want to see bad things happen to them out of Hate!

#4 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Wow, this does show the rivalry and NFL in a whole new light. I'm down with the mutual respect and friendship off the field, and fierce competition on the field. It's similiar to when Jamaal Charles got Peyton's autograph after the game. I would expect nothing less from a classy stand-up organization like the Ravens.

#5 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Not a bit surprised! The so-called "Hatred" is showmanship, Ryan!

Done to keep you off the unemployment line! Like WWF Wrestlers' interviews,.... butters your's and TV Talking Heads' bread!

Just ask Hines Ward!

P.S. I do hate teams that draft Zombies! :-(

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 01 December 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#6 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,489 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

I don't see how you can respect Ryan Clark. On the field, he is a head-hunter. Off the field, he chirps about the Ravens more than anyone. He might be the last Steeler I would let in the locker-room... well besides Roethlisberger and Harrison.

I don't have a problem with most Steelers / Steeler fans.

#7 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I knew they were friendly from traveling to heinz field for ravens games . Ray lewis talks to everyone even at home games Flacco to I have seen him talking to other players . I don't think its a huge deal .

#8 marec

marec

Rookie

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

when kids use to fight before school they ate lunch together, so whats the big deal about it when they grow up?

#9 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

I knew they didn't hate each off the field. I respect every steeler player Well except Big Ben.... too many accusations anyway steelers are gold ravens hang the steelers heads on there mantel.

#10 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,135 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

More and more like WWF every day ( I refuse to call it WWE )

#11 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

They can hang out off the field, put no mercy on it.
Hate the team, not the people.

#12 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Haven't we all seen or heard this before? The Ravens/Steelers fan married to each other, or "rival" players going on vacations together in the off-season. This is old news, and I really wish more fans would abide each other better. There is simply no reason to be a jerk to someone just because they root for a different team. Odds are you have a lot more in common than you'd may expect. But for every feel good story of inter-fan/player relationships there are 10 ugly ones and that is really unacceptable. It's time for adults to be adults and be more accomodating to other people regardless of race/religion/politics/fandom....

#13 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

This was an interesting article. It just goes to show the amount of class Ozzie and Co. have instilled in our players. I liked the picture of Troy and Ed after the game. Mutual respect from both sides...

#14 MissRay27

MissRay27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Show no mercy. We want them out of our way! Like Dudeman said we can all respect one another, but when our teams on the field, it's on!!

#15 ravinravens

ravinravens

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

I admire the steelers players, without their play-making ability and insane athletes they have this rivalry wouldnt live up to the standards we fans have. I only use "hate" when I wish to describe the steelers fans, can anyone say obnoxious?

#16 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

I only hate the Steelers cause growing up all my friends liked them and at the time I was an Eagles fan,I usually root for them when they play other Ravens related teams like Patriots,Browns,etc. Ray Rice got the right thoughts,they leave everything they got on the field,here's my number

#17 blindbat

blindbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Stupid article I Hate anything steelers till the day I die Go Ravens

#18 Shaky End of the Quarter

Shaky End of the Quarter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Did Ray Rice just pull off a Carly Rae Jepsen moment with Ryan Clark? Now here's my number, so call me, maybe? hahaha

#19 jaredchado

jaredchado

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Wow, is this what happens when you take Ray Lewis, and Hines Ward out of rivalry? I kind of miss Ward after reading this

#20 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

It is called "Spirit of Sportsmanship". First off, these two teams are among the very best in the league and boast 5 defensive players of the year between them. They alternate smackdowns with each other whenever they play. Neither backs down for the other... Eventually that dislike morphs into admiration and respect; there is nothing strange about it.

Now if one team was all yap and no substance on the field then I can see a situation where the dominant team would find the weaker blowhard repulsive and irritating... like the Jets are beginning to appear to the Giants and Patriots. The Steelers respect the Ravens style of defense and vice versa. Neither team would be described as an offensive juggernaut (even though the Steelers have a really decent passing game with Roethlisberger, and the Ravens boast a formidable running game when we decide to put Ray Rice in play) so these teams have so much more in common than they are different. Oh and did I mention that the have 3 Superbowl wins between them in the past dozen years... Yes there should be mutual respect mixed into an intensely fierce rivalry; it makes the mixture even more potent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users