Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Caw: Ravens, Steelers Secretly Friends?

67 posts in this topic

I had never seen anything like it before. Steelers safety Ryan Clark was in the RAVENS locker room after Baltimore’s 13-10 win in Pittsburgh two weeks ago. And he was yucking it up, having a gran...

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Caw-Ravens-Steelers-Secretly-Friends/8a6b9f35-d757-4b35-b72b-61394037dec4]View the full article[/url]

I have no problem with their friendships. Its great that they have love & REspect offf the field, But .. Fierceness on the field

Why should they HATE Each other????? I do not hate anyone except extremists that threaten and kill innocents. NOW I do dislike folks but I do not want to see bad things happen to them out of Hate!

Wow, this does show the rivalry and NFL in a whole new light. I'm down with the mutual respect and friendship off the field, and fierce competition on the field. It's similiar to when Jamaal Charles got Peyton's autograph after the game. I would expect nothing less from a classy stand-up organization like the Ravens.

Not a bit surprised! The so-called "Hatred" is showmanship, Ryan!

Done to keep you off the unemployment line! Like WWF Wrestlers' interviews,.... butters your's and TV Talking Heads' bread!

Just ask Hines Ward!

P.S. I do hate teams that draft Zombies! :-(

I don't see how you can respect Ryan Clark. On the field, he is a head-hunter. Off the field, he chirps about the Ravens more than anyone. He might be the last Steeler I would let in the locker-room... well besides Roethlisberger and Harrison.

I don't have a problem with most Steelers / Steeler fans.

I knew they were friendly from traveling to heinz field for ravens games . Ray lewis talks to everyone even at home games Flacco to I have seen him talking to other players . I don't think its a huge deal .

when kids use to fight before school they ate lunch together, so whats the big deal about it when they grow up?

I knew they didn't hate each off the field. I respect every steeler player Well except Big Ben.... too many accusations anyway steelers are gold ravens hang the steelers heads on there mantel.

Haven't we all seen or heard this before? The Ravens/Steelers fan married to each other, or "rival" players going on vacations together in the off-season. This is old news, and I really wish more fans would abide each other better. There is simply no reason to be a jerk to someone just because they root for a different team. Odds are you have a lot more in common than you'd may expect. But for every feel good story of inter-fan/player relationships there are 10 ugly ones and that is really unacceptable. It's time for adults to be adults and be more accomodating to other people regardless of race/religion/politics/fandom....

This was an interesting article. It just goes to show the amount of class Ozzie and Co. have instilled in our players. I liked the picture of Troy and Ed after the game. Mutual respect from both sides...

Show no mercy. We want them out of our way! Like Dudeman said we can all respect one another, but when our teams on the field, it's on!!

I admire the steelers players, without their play-making ability and insane athletes they have this rivalry wouldnt live up to the standards we fans have. I only use "hate" when I wish to describe the steelers fans, can anyone say obnoxious?

I only hate the Steelers cause growing up all my friends liked them and at the time I was an Eagles fan,I usually root for them when they play other Ravens related teams like Patriots,Browns,etc. Ray Rice got the right thoughts,they leave everything they got on the field,here's my number

Wow, is this what happens when you take Ray Lewis, and Hines Ward out of rivalry? I kind of miss Ward after reading this

It is called "Spirit of Sportsmanship". First off, these two teams are among the very best in the league and boast 5 defensive players of the year between them. They alternate smackdowns with each other whenever they play. Neither backs down for the other... Eventually that dislike morphs into admiration and respect; there is nothing strange about it.

Now if one team was all yap and no substance on the field then I can see a situation where the dominant team would find the weaker blowhard repulsive and irritating... like the Jets are beginning to appear to the Giants and Patriots. The Steelers respect the Ravens style of defense and vice versa. Neither team would be described as an offensive juggernaut (even though the Steelers have a really decent passing game with Roethlisberger, and the Ravens boast a formidable running game when we decide to put Ray Rice in play) so these teams have so much more in common than they are different. Oh and did I mention that the have 3 Superbowl wins between them in the past dozen years... Yes there should be mutual respect mixed into an intensely fierce rivalry; it makes the mixture even more potent.

This is really going back to the 70's you think for example they were friends back then with mean Joe green knocking guys out of games on Purpose and nobody cared ,alot like Harrison was doing when he was younger ,im Sorry But its not about being mature men ,its a war that we want to win ,because well when we dont we hear about it ,example the cheap shot by Ward on Ed reed Ward was a guy who i still believe tried to end players careers,and when you have a star player on your team thats labeled the dirtiest in the league ,that sets your entire team up and they get labeled as such,this again goes back to when we both started out and were on the same field whether it was indy colts or Ravens ,We as Fans that got to witness this were lucky i was not ,but i have heard stories from my Dad my Grandpa ect ,so im going to Pull out a Ray Lewis statement hear and say when the Game starts its War ,aint Nobody going to beat us in Our House Period,When we win this week believe this us Ravens Fans will be rubbing this in as much as the majority of Ravens Players are because we are sick of the 6 rings BS excuse when we have not been in the league 60 plus years ,and were sick of them saying how they knocked us out of the playoffs 4 years ago ,im sorry ,But i suppose you could say aside from the cleveland fans we hate the piggsburgh fans just as bad,let alone because they disrespect us when were at the Game in there stadiums ,i am a season ticket holder ,i also travel to other stadiums over the course of the year and what i have seen and was accused of in cleveland and pittsburgh just because i was in a Ravens uniform makes me hate them much more,I go with the Orlando Ravens Group not sure if you guys have heard of them ,but we go as a large group and support the team,and if we see things like i witnessed in Cleveland and Pittsburgh little kids getting pushed into stalls and in Pittsburgh getting spit on non stop ,you form that hate label on the Team as well as city,and dont think the players do not see or hear this,another example was the Pittsburgh-Ravens playoff Game where tickets were stamped with a donkey next to the Raven all in fun for them ,but classless all the same ,bottom line we hate those guys and whne we knock them to 6-6 this week they will still say they have a shot at the Playoffs lol,i cant stand em.

I only "hate" stealers because they are in our way to the division crown each year. I "hate" stealer fans because they are arrogant and loud mouthed! HA! there are a lot of stealer fans that I work with. We have a GREAT time "hating" each other yet working and helping each other when needed. IT IS A GAME!!! unless you PLAY for PAY! If the players can be friendly off the field we could learn a lesson.

I kinda knew this already. I play high school ball and I have alot of friends that go to rival schools, just because your friends off the filed dosent mean you like them on the filed you still hit them play just as hard if not harder then you do anyone else

its just a sport. you think they take it THAT seriously that they are not allowed to be friends? i don't know why you are so shocked Ryan.