1 reply to this topic

#1 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

When asked about the amount of concussions this season Brian Urlacher said he believes it is because of the newer helmets and that he uses his old helmet as he feels it protects him better and is more comfortable.

Do you think while having good intentions that the new helmets are in fact less apt to protect a players head ? Are the players not wearing them correctly (pumping them up to fit snug, using chin straps) etc.

I just do not remember a season with so many QB's going down like this. Or is it that the Defensive players are just being more brutal to players ?
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#2 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

When asked about the amount of concussions this season Brian Urlacher said he believes it is because of the newer helmets and that he uses his old helmet as he feels it protects him better and is more comfortable.

Do you think while having good intentions that the new helmets are in fact less apt to protect a players head ? Are the players not wearing them correctly (pumping them up to fit snug, using chin straps) etc.

I just do not remember a season with so many QB's going down like this. Or is it that the Defensive players are just being more brutal to players ?

There have only been three QBs with concussions thus far. I think that overall number of head injuries is down from last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users