Photo

[News] Who’s Playing, Who’s Not vs. Steelers II

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,066 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ben Roethlisberger has been ruled out; LB Dannell Ellerbe is questionable.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

#3 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Charlie Batch is only 37? I though he was like 50 something, Bradshaws back-up or something.

Now that long curley hair dude is back, Flacco needs to spy this guy where every he goes.

IT'S A BLACK AND YELLOW BBQ! SOMEBODY PLEASE FIRE UP THE GRILL! THE RAVENS ARE HUNGRY!

GO RAVENS!

Edited by ravenwildman, 30 November 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#4 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

If Berger play, his first snap send a 7-8 man blitz at him. Scare the "profanity deleted" out of him, someone should land whether sack or QB knockdown.

#5 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

If they start rookie Kelvin Beachum at RT they should slide Suggs over there every now and then.
Who is Batche's backup? They gonna dust Bradshaw off?

#6 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

So it appears Ngata is 100%...I don't see him mentioned at all.

Unless I missed it...?

#7 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

I was really hoping to see McPhee on the field, along with Ellerbe. But we will continue to cope as we've done all year.

#8 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Ben is out! I have been robbed of watching his big yellow but get slammed to the turf.... ROBBBED! Curse you chiefs....Why couldn't you have just knocked him out of the game? :*( my b-day wish is ruined.... For my b-day I wished Big ben would play and get sacked 6-15 times.... Ah well charlie will have to do.... (my B-day is nov.25th) Thanks for ruining my wish Big Ben you injury prone bumble bee. (Seriously what where those uniforms two weeks ago?)

Edited by Grapple Raven, 30 November 2012 - 06:00 PM.
Profanity

#9 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Batch was 12-of-21 for 141 yards and an interception 2 years ago .. and we won 17-14 in the final seconds.

I think that's all you need to know. A blow out would be great, but I'll settle for a win.

Of course, that was at Heinz ... the offense has to play better and the road excuse is gone so ... prove your worth offense, score 20 and we take home a win.

#10 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

If Dickson doesn%u2019t suit up, Dennis Pitta would get the start ...

Isn't Pitta our starter anyhow? If not, he sure seems like he is.

#11 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Staying healthy in a physical sport like football is just as important as athletic ability, a great arm or knowledge of the game. So much for Roethlisberger being a top QB. Laughable.

#12 edreedfor6

edreedfor6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

im not worried about this game, as good as the steelers defense is, our offense is unstoppable at home. we may have struggle vs the texans D on the road but if we played them here our offense would eat them up. joe flacco and ray rice are about ro light up the steelers D this sunday! ravens win 30-3

#13 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

we need to get to batch early and the offense must make a statement early and not get in a rut

#14 Laredo Bill

Laredo Bill

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

If they start rookie Kelvin Beachum at RT they should slide Suggs over there every now and then.

Sami, the Steelers picked up Brian Hoyer a couple of weeks ago when Leftwich went down, although they may as well use Bradshaw for all the good Hoyer could do.

#15 GyMan20

GyMan20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

A whole lot of injured players on both teams.

I hope the Ravens score fast, early, and often forcing the Stealers to put the game in Batch's hands that way we can really take advantage of that banged up Stealer line.

#16 Properboy17

Properboy17

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

The reiceivers need to work on helping flacco, by getting off blocks and the o-line needs to give flacco time also open up holes for rice

#17 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Staying healthy in a physical sport like football is just as important as athletic ability, a great arm or knowledge of the game. So much for Roethlisberger being a top QB. Laughable.

I don't like Ben, and I hate the Steelers. And yes, he gets injured a LOT.

But the dude is a freaking winner, flat out. There's no way you can deny that. I hate to admit, be he's easliy a "top" QB. I've never seen any QB play that hard, despite injuries to just about every part of his body, and still pull out wins.

Off the field...definitely questionable. On the field, the dude is a warrior. That's a fact.

#18 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

When I first read your post. I thought it said: "If they start rookie Kelvin Bacon at RT"...

#19 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Regardless who is or who is not playing, this is a HUGE game.......can we just get ONE BIG FAT FORK and stick it in them !

#20 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I just wonder who will be the backup to come in after we knock Batch out of the game?