Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Bernard Pollard Not Fined For Hit

23 posts in this topic

The Ravens safety was flagged for a helmet-to-helmet hit in San Diego.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Bernard-Pollard-Not-Fined-For-Hit/ac9ebb52-5a8e-4e0c-8cbb-4733a6ee762e]View the full article[/url]

That is good news. But he shouldn't have been flagged in the first place. I know the league is telling the refs to air on the side of caution, but some of these penalties are getting pretty ridiculous.

REALLY glad Pollard did not get fined, but I somehow missed the penalty on Anquan. Very out of character for him, but the Charger dude probably deserved it!!

Refs need to be held accountable for there bad calls just like the NFL does with its players if a player gets fined everyone knows about it if a ref blows a call everyone has to be silent about it.

Shoulder to Shoulder !! I must have yelled it 500 times at the TV. I don't know why the Refs couldn't here me.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1354310473' post='1238975']
Good! It was a bad call at a critical time
[/quote]
It seems like the refs are way too quick to throw the flag everytime someone gets blown up big time. It does not matter if it was a clean hit, if it looks bad - they will throw the flag.

I thought for sure they would call a block in the back on Anquan during Ray's run.
It wasn't, but they were really flag happy that game....

What gets me half the time the ref is standing right in front of the play and misses the call it is insane how may times you see this. I have no idea if it is just old age and the game has just got to fast for them.

Great that Pollard wasn't fined. And Ed shouldn't have been either.
I've said it before, the NFL is so antiquated in it's referee system. The other major sports have full time refs, and I realize they have many more games, but what rides on each NFL game, it is ridiculous that these aren't younger men, with their own fitness regimen, as well as having regional offices where they report through the week and review film and such just like the players and coaches. Yes, it would take some bucks, but when we're talkin billions, there's something that could be done.

Q fined...are you kidding me! Nfl= soon to be National "Flag football" league. smhh

Not just a Raven fan, but a fan of football in general, I'm tired of watching games where the Ref throws the flag because someone was demolished by a legal hit. I agree about player saftey but this can be taken to far where it affects the outcome of games. Every year fans of the NFL have this argument but, just because it was a violent hit, doesn't mean it's aa flag.

Refs are human too and I get that. The bad part is that more often times than not, that mistake doesn't get corrected, and can be the differance between a W-L.

That and Little Ray up the middle.

Seriously. The league is out of control with these penalties and fines after the fact. Yes its a bang bang split second view the refs get on the field but not ever violent hit deserves a flag. And you can't penalize the players with fines for trying to do their jobs by hitting/tackling the opponent, unless it is truly an illegal hit. The league should take the time on the field to make sure the hit was illegal before penalizing a team and costing them yards, points, and even games. Or at the very least make it a challengable flag/play. Without hitting and physicality football isn't football. IMO the integrity of the game is at stake.

$7,875 seems small considering what a "Block in the Back" penalty on "Q" would have cost the team during "The Play"! 4th and 54! lol

If I were in the locker room, I'd take up a collection to pay Bouldin's fine!

Q needs to keep his cool in situations like that. I can understand getting frustrated and giving the guy a shove right after the play, but to push him after the play was over and then go after him again after you knock him down is ridiculous.

I cant really fault the refs. They have a fraction of a second to see they hit. We see it in slow-motion plus weve been alerted what to look for, the refs arent. That is why I think personal fouls like that should be reviewed. We see it several times before the play is resumed, put a ref in the booth with the commentators.

keep ruining the league NFL....next year they'll start fining coaches for not shaking hands. this is getting ridiculous.