Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Byrne Identity: Phil Simms Expects Close Ravens-Steelers Game

42 posts in this topic

Kevin Byrne outlines the Ravens’ dominant record and numbers at M&T Bank Stadium.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Phil-Simms-Expects-Close-Ravens-Steelers-Game/a6fc1fb4-349a-4124-924a-f9c03e74c0d8]View the full article[/url]

I dunno, we had our grind it out game at Heinz. The game last week, everyone on an emotional high after a total team effort, my money's on a swift kick to the butt! 24-3...no playoffs for you Steelers!!

I don't think that first game last year was an oddity. I really think that is the way we beat any team that comes to Baltimore, no exceptions.

My theory will be borne out because we are going to have a blow out victory come Sunday. Then people will realize the only shot the Steelers have of beating us is in Heinz Field where I expect games to be closer. However, I do believe that the tide has shifted.

Here is why: A couple of years ago, even though outplayed most of the game, the Steelers somehow found a way to make a play in the final minutes to win the game. Now, it is the exact opposite. I don't believe that we can play badly enough for the Steelers to beat us, because no matter what we find a play to win us the game at the end!

Long as diedorf is not calling the game but i beleve were gonna spank em ben is out again but they do have some key peices back but its not enuff we cnt b stopped at home

It's probably gonna be a close game regardless of who plays, that's how Ravens/Steelers usually is. Another great article!

Finally Friday is here... Now if only Sunday could hurry up and get here a little faster. I can't wait to put on that black number 20 jersey that has been hanging in my closet all season. We will know exactly what kind of game this is going to be within the first five minutes of the game clock, personally I am predicting a blowout courtesy of Mr. Batch and the plethora of INT's that will be thrown to our D. ={D>

OK, Simms was a very good QB but who cares what he thinks ? This season has taught me that the experts know squat. If Simms is an expert why did his son fail so quickly, did he not give him the Golden Key of success ? It will be a close game but almost every game we have had against the Steelers have been close. Does not take a Wizard to state the obvious. We will win as we are at home and Joe does not lose at home and his numbers are awesome here. Will come down to a couple mistakes by the QB's either Batch will make a few costly passes or Flacco will fumble a couple away from the pressure but i have all faith that we will prevail. Go Ravens !!

A side note to the Steelers. I hope Ben does come back ok as he is a credit to the game and it is better because he is a player. I am also glad he will not play Sunday as we have knocked a few Steeler QB's out of the game a few times.

Since we are wearing the black Jerseys, the Ravens should come out with the D and play Iron Man with Sizzle coming out last and his face painted like the road warrior Animal!

Naw sorry but; the absolute most obnoxious "commentator" of all is Gruden, he's a tool of the highest magnitude. He talks and talks and never says anything.

None of these guys are very good. I don't what the standard for highering these guys is but; it's a pretty low bar....

I'm with Phil, and I believe most Ravens fans and most Ravens players do as well. We are very proud of our home record, but I don't think anyone believes it is an automatic win; despite the fact that the media is painting that picture. We are also playing a Steeler team that are pretty desperate. I think we'll win, but not a blowout by any means.

I agree with ya fan Gruden is a tool. It's his voice 90% during the game and your right again nothing is said. I always disagress with the play and how its exacuted and he always says negaitive and stupid crap. Like Madden in Madden for ps1 or something. "hes gotta throw 8 yards on a 3rd and 8," come on if I wanted to hear nonsense talking about nothing I wouldnt watch the game and I would spend time with my wife and let her talk. some games the anouncers are so bad i mute then put oon the radio anouncers lol, MOST hate the Ravens, Most annoy me, most are dumb as a brick. Hienz Ward fits right in with those idiots and if he continues ill continue to mute him.

opps typo he always disagress. sorry. About the game, Its purple friday Stealer week and yet it doesnt feel right. Maybe its ben out maybe its back to back like this in 3 weeks. Football is a short season sport and they only play once a week not like baseball and basketball and that anticipation, wait, and rivarys its the best sport. When you take that away and play the two most meaningfull games twice in 3 weeks that takes away from what the sport really is. A win is a win. you loose you loose. No excuses in the NFL yet other teams fans are full of it. Every year every team almoast every game someone important is out. Draft and develope right and you will be fine. Thats a reason some teams get over the cap and some dont. AT some point you gotta cut high payed players and play some younger ones. Next man up PERIOD. Lets GO RAVENS!!

Not much of a prediction Simms since history has made it clear that this game is more about defenses than offenses. But, you never know about the Raven offensive wild maverick!

Miss a 4th down and inches, but make a 4th down and 29...in the same game....never know what might happen, except winning of course.

GO RAVENS!

I believe the Ravens will win the game, but Phil Sims makes a good point. Whenever the Ravens and Steelers play, it's normally a tight game. Last years opening game was not the norm. We will prevail, like we always do at home. Go Ravens!!

Skip bayless,Cris collinsworth HATE US but idc. Collinsowrth is a long time bengal lover and player. We all hate the steelers but he hates us more.... I like the bengals And dislike the browns HATE the steelers Bengals are scary-ish Browns are the brown thing in the toilet... And the steelers are Golden..... When Big Ben doesn't get broken.

AND according to bayless we we're supposed to a top 5 pick (No complaints here I want Notre Dame's Manti teo.) Ray's retiring and Teo looks like a superstar.... We need to trade up to get that boy. I been saying it since day One When our defense looks like the browns Trade up.... and Teo would be a steal outside the top ten.... can I hear 7th overall pick? C'mon ozzie you have drafted 3 future hall of famers Ogden,Lewis,Reed and possibly two more. Ngata,Suggs

I will enjoy the win even if by only one point, but of course would LOVE a real butt-kickin' by the Ravens over these hated Stillers.

There's no reason to think this game will be real close. We've got home field, obviously a much better QB, better running backs and a solid D . All adds up to a ten plus point win!

Beautiful article. No doubt. To steal a famous quote:

"There's no place like home..."

And this article shows Baltimore is one of the best at home.

Also great to know that we won't have to listen to a Charger homer announcing the game. Definitely proud to see that!