32 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,623 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Despite early stumbles, Williams holds together a decimated CBs unit and leads Pro Bowl voting.

View the full article

#2 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Cary has redeemed himself, admirably, since the beginning of the season!

He's getting more success playing tighter and hitting harder and turning his head around on deeper passes! He has definitely stepped it up a bit since Lardarius went down!

He will still need a 'Reality Check' in contract negotiations! He's not indespensible especially with the way FA Corey Graham has come on!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 30 November 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#3 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

keep playing hard, with smith battling injuries and slow in his development you may be our guy

#4 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

If anything, this season has shown you can't have too many corners. Hope the team and Cary come to terms that are reasonable for everybody. Still gotta pay Joe and Ed...

#5 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Trust me, Burress does not put the fear into opposing defenses anymore. Even in the red zone, he is just not in shape to win battles with top corners.

#6 btfan2

btfan2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Cary has improved a lot. I give him credit for all his effort and determination. I was once told that persistence is the ket to success. I believe it. I'm glad to see our "D" coming back. Long way to go but: persistence.

Cary keep fighting...

#7 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Too bad Big Ben won't be playing Sunday. Batch will be shocked when he enters our house as a starter....haaaaa

#8 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I really don't care what anyone says, but, I give props to Cary Williams for trying to be the best he can be, day in and day out! That's all I can ask from any Raven frankly!

#9 StrongSideRavens

StrongSideRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

I like Williams. We all know he's more inconsistent than Webb but he plays like a Raven. he finds a way to fight through adversity and end up on top. I like this guy just because of his work ethic even if he does get picked on at times. Atleast we can say he is headed in the right direction. Who knows, maybe Webb and Cary will become the top 2 corner duos in the league for years to come. Lets go Ravens.

#10 NorwayLovesRavens

NorwayLovesRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

"I could care less about a contract." ... yea right, I ain't buying that Brother!!!

Just keep playing lights out and your pay-day will come.

#11 RavenSwag

RavenSwag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

I admit I was one of those people that was calling for Cary to get benched or even as far as saying get rid of him but boy was I wrong. Yes he may still give up some plays(which happens in the NFL) but he's played much better and is leading all AFC cb's in pro bowl voting which is a surprise.

#12 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Oh man, I'm actually startin to like this guy. At least as far as work ethic and attitude goes. The whole pro-bowl talk really isnt warranted though, 2 of those interceptions my grandmother coulda made....errant passes, not tight coverage. However, i havent seen him flailing his arms around, with his back to the ball, five yards behind the receiver lately. Credit where its due, he has markedly improved but as far as a contract goes...I'd offer him the same deal, maybe with some better incentives. If he opts for another team, see ya...plenty of corners out there that would love to be a Raven!

#13 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

he's a good CB don't know if he's 15 million good but he's a good scheme fit and a great compliment to Webb

#14 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

stay healthy guys. i have to admit i may be overlooking this game for next weeks matchup against the deadskins. i just want to shut up my friends and co-workers up. crush the squeelers!!

#15 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

I like Williams, I don't like his agent. Or Flaccos for that matter. Both have been offered more then the fair share. He will do like Grubbs , take the money and go to a loosing team. I would take my chances with Graham , Webb and give smith another year since he is still playing under his rookie contract. There will be a lot of tough decisions next year with the cap.....

#16 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

I must say, I've always been very critcal of Cary Williams in the past. Many teams have deemed him as the weakest link and have attacked him on multiple occasions. But for the most part he's held his own and done very well. After look at with Pittsburgh did last time, I would expect he'll be ready.

#17 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Cary is coming along fine after an iffy start, and getting better with each game. Just please stay healthy, Cary!!!

#18 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

If he goes down ed reed is starting at CB and Chris Johnson.....Will move to safety. I'll take our CB misery over the bucs..... 8th overall pick Rookie safety. 16 year veteran FS ronde barber and there best CB aqib taylor is now a patriot....

#19 CharmCityHeavyHitters

CharmCityHeavyHitters

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Props to C Williams for not becoming complacent with a 15 mil deal and a back up role. I hope he keeps fighting and I hope we can find a way to sign him back. Webb, Williams, J. Smith, Graham, Chykie, Asa would be a pretty damn solid CB core.

#20 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

I like Carey last year,but the guy keep turning his back on receivers.I hope he can keep them in front of him like last year?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users