Ravens at Steelers      Game Rewind      Pro Bowl Voting   

Photo

[News] Late For Work 11/30: Heckling Ravens Fan Feeds Casey Hampton Pregame Hot Dog

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Taylor tried to rile up Smith. Not looking good for Ben. Doesn’t matter Lewis didn’t practice.

View the full article

#2 creigle

creigle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Ben won't play Sunday. Given the level of the other AFC teams, the Steelers can and probably will still make the playoffs. So they won't push it this week. They have to be thinking wildcard.

#3 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

"it was the fact Joe Flacco threw a 2-yard check down pass on fourth-and-29!"

As opposed to what? Throwing it deep to his receivers all covered by the entire Chargers D? Watch the game and you will see Rice having about 25 yards of free space to run in.
Rice ran the ball beautifully, Boldin tackel was great, but Flacco set the whole situation up with his passing game in the 4th quarter. How do these "analysts" keep missing that?
Joe doesn't play great on the road, now he has one game where he actually delivered and people still keep criticizing him for it. It's almost like cruel running gag by now.

Edited by PolishRifle, 30 November 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#4 LaBamba

LaBamba

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hahahaha
That hotdog blurb is absolutely hilarious.

#5 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

That is awesome :)

#6 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Torrey: The only way to shut up a trash talker is to "own" him. Burn Ike and he'll be REAL cool....

#7 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

This might be the first time in a long time where almost everyone picks the Ravens to beat the Steelers. But I am not complaining here.

#8 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

As opposed to what? Throwing it deep to his receivers all covered by the entire Chargers D? Watch the game and you will see Rice having about 25 yards of free space to run in.
Rice ran the ball beautifully, Boldin tackel was great, but Flacco set the whole situation up with his passing game in the 4th quarter. How do these "analysts" keep missing that?
Joe doesn't play great on the road, now he has one game where he actually delivered and people still keep criticizing him for it. It's almost like cruel running gag by now.

I nullified one of your negative votes, Rifle, because your point is correct!

While I was one of the audible gasps heard when Joe E-Lite dumped the pass to Rut-Roh, in hindsight and whether #27 went for 30 yards or not, the play was the only play that was available!

Deep passes, under ordinary circumstances are low percentage and the percentage drops even further under the 4th and 29 situation with at least every receiver covered, some doubled!

So, I don't know what those folks that disagreed with you would have wanted as an anternative to the dump off! Good point!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 30 November 2012 - 10:13 AM.

Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#9 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

It was Rice that made that play happen!!! Flacco hit a 5 yard dump woo hoo!! The defense was defending the deep ball cause that's what the situation called for, not because of the threat that Flacco presented on the deep ball...Flacco didn't deliver, Rice delivered a 30 yard run on a 5 yard dump pass...
The man who tries and fails is far more superior than the man who does not try at all...

#10 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Let's see if the offense can play well enough to not lose this for us. The only way the Steelers win is if their D shuts us down and creates a score or two. Last time we faced, we won only by the graces of a special teams TD and 2 turnovers (one of them in the red zone).

Hopefully, we really do see the home field version of the offensive unit. If the Steelers D gets no points, just score 20 and a win is virtually guaranteed.

Edited by balfan23, 30 November 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#11 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Ok, 99% pick Ravens to win.....please don't get too comfortable, and assume this game is an automatic win. Hope our guys play with as much intensity and determination as they've been doing (even more if possible since it's the Steelers!), and get this win!!

#12 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

i doubt ben will play. it's weird, but the bengals game is more important to the steelers than the ravens game. after this one, broncos is next most important for the ravens. unfortuantely the broncos get extra time to rest before meeting with us as they're the next thursday night game.

#13 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

It must be from Attman's, Casey!

They will "spy" Rice which seems to be the Book on #27, so bring un the "Three Headed Monster" and run it down their throats!

Cam, try and manage to make Dan Fouts wrong,... show some creativity!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 30 November 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#14 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Per Smith, he realized that Taylor was playing him off - at least 5 yards - why not hit the quick pop pass to Smith and take the one on one in open field - that's the type of in game adjustment that isn't being made - we say we take what the defense gives us but that is bull, opposing offenses take what we give them that's why Cary Williams gets so many balls thrown his way cause he plays off and they realize this and hit at least 5 or 6 passes like that every game on him...

#15 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

It was Rice that made that play happen!!! Flacco hit a 5 yard dump woo hoo!! The defense was defending the deep ball cause that's what the situation called for, not because of the threat that Flacco presented on the deep ball...Flacco didn't deliver, Rice delivered a 30 yard run on a 5 yard dump pass...

Look - I get frustrated with our offenses play like a lot of us Ravens fans, but let's be honest. QBs normally get all the blame when their teams lose and all the credit when the win. That doesn't seem to be the case with Joe. He gets the blame when we lose and when we win, it always seems that analysis say our win was in spite of him.

Obviously, Rice is the player that made the play. I don't see too many people talking about the awesome play Flacco made to convert on 4th and 29. However, Joe had to make the decision to do what he did. He was able to look at the field and say - this is our best chance - and he took it. Can you imagine the grief he'd take if the first man tackled Rice? What is that idiot Flacco thinking, throwing the ball 2 yards when he needed 29?

Sure, it was 100% Rice after the ball was thrown, but the decision to give Rice that opportunity was Joe's. Good job.

25p4y07.jpg

#16 Brianj52

Brianj52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

i bleed purple n black .... in regards to your T. smith statement...bingo

#17 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Per Smith, he realized that Taylor was playing him off - at least 5 yards - why not hit the quick pop pass to Smith and take the one on one in open field - that's the type of in game adjustment that isn't being made - we say we take what the defense gives us but that is bull, opposing offenses take what we give them that's why Cary Williams gets so many balls thrown his way cause he plays off and they realize this and hit at least 5 or 6 passes like that every game on him...

Oh - I couldn't agree more. That is exactly what I thought when I read the bit about how they were playing Torrey. And it is not just in that game - I think in general we don't use Torrey properly. We need to get the ball into his hands and let him make a play. A 50 yard gain doesn't have to be a 50 yard throw. For Torrey, it can be a 5 yard catch and a 45 yard run. Look at the one play he made in SD. I brought this up before on this board and someone mentioned Percy Harvin. We need to find ways to get the ball in his hands in space and he will do some serious damage.

25p4y07.jpg

#18 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

I have tried to conjure up situations that would see the Steelers win this game and I honestly can't come up with one; and that is really really scary. If the Ravens lose it would be by some inexplicable meltdown that may have their season spiral out of control-- I'm talking back their way into the playoffs and lose the first game. All that said, I still don't see any way the Ravens lose on Sunday. I just hope they beat the brakes off the Steelers and serve the league a warning notice.

#19 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

When I saw that 13 of 14 at espn.com selected the Ravens, I was stunned that the lone Steeler wasn't Merril Hoge.

#20 heycuf

heycuf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Big Ben or not.This is still the Steelers and ALL of the AFC North play each other tough.That's why every other team hates to play this conference.Even the Browns can beat you up even if they don't win.But the good thing is we're playing in B-more Baby.Go Ravens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users