65 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,559 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Joe Flacco hit nine of ten passes during one second half stretch in San Diego.

View the full article

#2 kappa1911

kappa1911

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Great play calling keeps this offense heated up the right play for the right situation!

#3 Blacknpurpletilldeath

Blacknpurpletilldeath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Flacco looks like a giant compared to Harbs in that picture xD

#4 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yep if only Cam let's Joe show that Raven rhythm by giving our offense an inovative game plan. I'm tired of the plays that I can call before the snap. When will our TE get deep on a seam route? When will Jones reverse a long run? When will Ray toss an option LH pass? More no-huddle,more Joe at the line,more shifts,more long counts,more motion and less punts. Go Joe it's a contract changing game and you can overcome Cam's rhythmic predictable plan, I hope. 9-2 in spite of Cam. Joe you can be somebody!

#5 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I still can remember Phil Simms (not a genious commentator by any stretch of the imagination) saying, that it helps QBs to have "driver starters" in their playbook, during the AFCCG last year. Easy passes, just to get in rythm.
Clearly Flacco feels very comfortable playing out of the shotgun and in the no-huddle. Why we don't try to make our PRIMARY DECISIONMAKER on the field more comfortable, I don't know.
Flacco is a very talented guy physically and given by the many (albeit sporadic) great games he had, he has the potential to be a great Qb, but we still are mishandeling his development.

#6 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Un handcuff Joe. Take off the wraps! Give Joe an original game plan and a long term contract before he leads Kansas City or Minnesota to the Super Bowl.

#7 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Lest WE forget it wasn't Joe who dropped the AFC Championship in the end zone or missed that field goal just last year but it is Cam who still puts his stamp on the game plan so only he can stop the Ravens.

#8 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Un handcuff Joe. Take off the wraps! Give Joe an original game plan and a long term contract before he leads Kansas City or Minnesota to the Super Bowl.

He might not get paid top5 QB money, but he will most likely get into the top10 range. Once the FO fires 100Mill$ at the guy our coaches, better make sure we get "homefield production" from our passing game on road as well.
I said it couple times already, that big contract Flacco will be getting, will make Cam a liability in the eyes of the FO. If you pay the guy like a top10 QB you want to make sure you get top5 stats out of him, that's would be good business.

bJNF689.jpg

#9 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Flacco has said multiple times that the hardest first down is the first one. It's up to the offense to establish a rhythm and keep it going.

#10 flipper14

flipper14

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Axisofeeble, so it was Cam that dropped the should-have-been winning touchdown pass too? I didn't realize he was playing wideout. Drew Brees went to the Pro Bowl under Cam. Philip Rivers went to the Pro Bowl under Cam. Heck, Gus Frerotte went to the Pro Bowl with Cam as his QB coach. He's developed another very good QB in Joe. He's been a part of 100 wins as an NFL offensive coordinator in only his 10th season. In his last 11 years in the league his offensive have been in the top half nine times, in the top 5 three times, and first once. In Jon Gruden's 12 seasons do you know how many times his offenses finished in the top HALF of the league? Four times. What people also like to conveniently forget is that last year this team played 11 of its 16 games against top 10 defenses. I think Cam would be the first to admit that he wants more consistency but the relentless Cam bashing isn't always grounded in reality.

#11 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

How about calling plays designed to get him in a rhythm early? Just a suggestion Cam.

#12 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

No matter what, get Boldin and Rice going first then Torrey and everything else opens up.

#13 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Trick Plays mite be needed because Rice has a target on his back and Joe as well! Joe can use some Pump Fakes, especially for players like jj watt! Im just sayin!

#14 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Haha! Looks like Flacco is trying to the Raji dance.

#15 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

I love when Flacco really gets rolling. This was obvious last year for the game winner in Pittsburgh. He was clutch, but we need to see more. I've long argued for Flacco being an elite quarterback, but he needs to be in a rhythmn more often than not.

#16 ravens533

ravens533

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

There is nothing wrong with being a Rhythm Quarterback. Look at Payton Manning and Tom Brady. Both of them are rhythm quarterbacks. It has long been know that if you can get pressure on them and disrupt their rhythm they will make bad decisions and get intercepted. At least when Joe isn't in rhythm, he rarely gives away the ball.

#17 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Average Joe is Average Joe and always will be. Fact.

#18 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Axisofeeble, so it was Cam that dropped the should-have-been winning touchdown pass too? I didn't realize he was playing wideout. Drew Brees went to the Pro Bowl under Cam. Philip Rivers went to the Pro Bowl under Cam. Heck, Gus Frerotte went to the Pro Bowl with Cam as his QB coach. He's developed another very good QB in Joe. He's been a part of 100 wins as an NFL offensive coordinator in only his 10th season. In his last 11 years in the league his offensive have been in the top half nine times, in the top 5 three times, and first once. In Jon Gruden's 12 seasons do you know how many times his offenses finished in the top HALF of the league? Four times. What people also like to conveniently forget is that last year this team played 11 of its 16 games against top 10 defenses. I think Cam would be the first to admit that he wants more consistency but the relentless Cam bashing isn't always grounded in reality.

I tend to agree that the Cam bashing isn't always grounded in reality. I'm a fan of Cam's and wanted him here. Cam has a reallly strong resumè no doubt. He does a great job of guiding "young" QBs through their first few years in the NFL.

However I feel Cam holds on to that proverbial leash too long. A some point you either have to grow with your young QB, allowing him to take more control of the system or that young QB will outgrow you. Imo

Cam has a great mind offensively no doubt and for me that's where the frustration comes from. When you hear your franchise QB say, i'm just like any other QB, I'm best once i get in a rhythm; your mindset going into any game should be to get Flacco in a rhythm early.

Much like Flacco, Cam shows flashes of brilliance. However it's not consistent enough and for a guy with Cam's pedigree, thats unacceptable

mj5v69.jpg

#19 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Oh, remember when the "Caldwell-for-OC" bandwagon was crammed full here a month or two back? No problem that Caldwell was never an OC for a moment on any level, let alone in the NFL, so nobody can possibly know how good he could be...

bio

#20 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Average Joe is Average Joe and always will be. Fact.

No denying that. Average Joe will always be Average Joe.

Joe Flacco, on the other hand...

bio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users