Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Caw: Faith's Role On The Ravens

36 posts in this topic

John Harbaugh spoke of faith in his postgame press conference Sunday.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Caw-Faiths-Role-On-The-Ravens/f33db33a-7497-4916-8ef5-217ef3478517]View the full article[/url]

I'm not religious, so can someone teach me how to pray for a new OC to be at the steelers game?

I think the most tell tale sign of Cam's inability, comes from the behind the scene videos when Boldin says "Cam...give me somethin man, give me somethin' where I can just run by him, they're all sittin on the outs" or something like that. A WR shouldn't be begging an OC to call a type of play, there should be better communication, but clearly Cam is too stubborn....Drew Brees before and After Cam, look it up I'm telling you!

I love hearing this. Faith, family, football. Good on ya Ravens! As an aside from that, I've actually gotten to know Sheri, Rod's wife, through the course of the past few months being here. Behind Godly husbands are strong Godly wives, and she is definitely that! I love the Hairston family, and I'm so happy that the Ravens have such a solid group of Christians surrounding them and working on the inside.

Drew Brees was an All-Pro under Cam, as was Philip Rivers, as was Gus Frerotte of all people when Cam was his QB coach. Drew Brees's third best quarterback ranking of his career was under Cam in 2004. As for Boldin, you're crazy if you don't think that interplay doesn't happen all the time throughout the league.

Faith in its true simplistic definition is a belief in, or trust in, a strongly held set of principles, and it clearly has developed a sense of responsibility, loyalty and duty within our team. Whether you are religious or not, this article lets us peak inside the motivation that helps to bind and gel this team together as a unit, and where the inspiration for leadership comes from on and off the field. Whatever your faith persuasion, for this group of Raven men it is the tie that connects it all together. Football is kinda a microcosm of life!

Having faith in your team, your players, each other, yourself. That's a good thing. But as a non-religious person, I could do with a little less "God" talk. Mind you, it doesn't really bother me that much. But I'm sure not every Ravens player is a Christian, and I for sure know that not all Ravens FANS are. Just saying. Faith in the team, that's all we need to hear.

The camaraderie of this of these team and organization never ceases to amaze me. With closeness like this, it's not surprise that we are as successful as we are.

We talk about juju, football gods, special rituals people do before a game from food to underwear, or prayer, it's all very personal and can be a common thread that brings together people from different backgrounds. It is good that the team has faith to bring them closer and have a common tie.

This article just goes to show how classy this organization is. I'm glad that some of our players have dedicated their lives to the Creator. One of the best articles I've read about the Ravens in a long time.

I can't exactly say that I'm religious, but this team is amazingly close and successful, so that's got to account for something

If it helps the players stay outta the news due to criminal acts, form a closer bond, be happier with life in some way, thats great. I find it hard to believe everyone in the locker room is religious though, let alone the same religion. Stands to reason those odd men out would feel pretty alienated. Just my opinion, but I believe religion has no place in the work place....especially football. I mean c'mon, how appreciative do you think God is that everyone ditched him on Sunday to watch the game? Not tryin to anger anyone, just makes no sense to me.

Great story. Nothing about this is dividing any player or fan. Obviously it's a no-no to talk about politics, economics, and "religion"...but people weren't getting bent out of shape over the article that was highlighting Torrey Smith's "voting dilemma".

There are good stories and there are lame stories and this is highlighting a TEAM. Nothing better than having a 50+ people on one heartbeat.

The New York Yankees couldn't get on one heartbeat and that ain't but 19 guys...Lakers probably couldn't either.

I like it; I love it; love to see more of it. I'm a believer and it is apparent to me that the faith of those who lead the Ravens help keep the team even keel and focused when things are going good or not so good.

Today I read news about a police officer taking the time to help a homeless man get a pair of shoes. It was uplifting reading such good news. Then I came here and read this story. This really made my day, point being is this, positive news goes a long way, imagine how much better the world would be if we had much more positive news being reported each day such as this article.

I love nothing more than seeing people smile, seeing people caring about one another, just people reaching out to people in all kinds of positive ways. I feel so lucky being a fan of such a great football team from top to bottom. It is a joy watching the Ravens play and it is also a joy to see and get to know the team better through articles like this. I love it when a Ravens player, managment, coach, employee steps up for the good of humankind.

This may be about football but hopefully those men can carry the goodness from having faith and the importance of being there for others, lessons they can pass on long after football is gone. God Bless the Ravens organization and fans. Stories like this makes me want to shout from the roof that I am a Ravens fan and proud of it, win or lose.

Shiva, Freyja, the Jade Emperor, whatever placebo these guys want to pick, if it leads to wins, huzzah!

Whether you believe or not is up to the individual and I am quite sure any one in the locker room is ok with whatever the individual believes in. Just saying that no one is committed to bible study or religious thoughts. I happen to like the above but do not care if anyone else does or doesn't. Go Ravens.