#1 superfunked

superfunked

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hey,

I will be visiting Baltimore and hopefully be attending the Ravens vs Broncos game on Dec 16th. I will start by saying I am a Broncos fan so try not to jibe this post too much :)

Basically, I was hoping to engross myself in the whole Football experience as this is not an opportunity that I would normally get.

I was wondering if it is ok for "away" fans to attend tailgaiting and have a bit of banter before the game? Or there may be some guys willing to welcome me to there tailgate? I am Scottish so obviously bringing a few beers will come as standard.

If this is not possible can anyone suggest places to go before/after the game for a few beers and a bit o' banter with fellow football fans?

Any help / advice would be great.

Ryan

#2 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Lucky for you 95% of Raven fans treat others with respect. I'm sure if you walk around and introduce yourself and let them know it's your first game and your from Scotland then they'll greet you with open arms.

If not then theres plenty of other places in the city near the stadium where you can go to. Just be respectful and all will be good. Good luck on your trip! ..... Denvers going down!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#3 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

Beer = your in road.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#4 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hey,

I will be visiting Baltimore and hopefully be attending the Ravens vs Broncos game on Dec 16th. I will start by saying I am a Broncos fan so try not to jibe this post too much :)

Basically, I was hoping to engross myself in the whole Football experience as this is not an opportunity that I would normally get.

I was wondering if it is ok for "away" fans to attend tailgaiting and have a bit of banter before the game? Or there may be some guys willing to welcome me to there tailgate? I am Scottish so obviously bringing a few beers will come as standard.

If this is not possible can anyone suggest places to go before/after the game for a few beers and a bit o' banter with fellow football fans?

Ryan

Always wanted to visit Scotland...How about we do the "Exchange Ravens Fan Program"?????

#5 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Always wanted to visit Scotland...How about we do the "Exchange Ravens Fan Program"?????

cept' he is not a Ravens fan...... yet.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#6 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,019 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

The "Fan Walk" area between the two stadiums is open to the public and all are welcome. Here is the Info.
Here is a list of what you can and can't bring into the stadium.
Even if it is in the 60's during the day, if we are lucky, usually its in the 40's and windy, it gets cold really fast when the sun goes behind the stadium so dress in layers and don't forget the gloves and hand warmers.
There is a guy that parks in our lot wears a full purple kilt and stockings--guy is cool looking and huge! I hope you have a wonderful time. People will love you from Scotland, as long as you are not obnoxious 99% of the Ravens fans are very nice, and may be verbal but thats about it.
68f2a8.jpg

#7 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hey,

Ryan

Top of the morning to ya!
Hope you enjoy your time in the US and you are treated with respect. I apologize for anyone who will not. Usually away fans at the stadium are put up with without much taunting.
Broncos going down though. ;)

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#8 M.ALLEN48

M.ALLEN48

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

cept' he is not a Ravens fan...... yet.

I am a Ravens fan and I live in Scotland. I would certainly be up for that

#9 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,298 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Top of the morning to ya!
Hope you enjoy your time in the US and you are treated with respect. I apologize for anyone who will not. Usually away fans at the stadium are put up with without much taunting.
Broncos going down though. ;)

He's Scottish, not Irish ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users