TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

During the division win streak?

Some of these just stand out to me:

0 -- Times the Ravens have trailed at halftime (average lead has been 7.6 points)

7 -- Starting different quarterbacks defeated

33 -- Turnovers forced by the Ravens

96.6 -- Average rushing yards for running back Ray Rice

And then the last one:

728 -- Days (on Sunday) since the last time the Ravens lost an AFC North game in the regular season. It was Dec. 5, 2010 against Pittsburgh

http://espn.go.com/b...gainst-steelers

Edit: No idea to why I put the title in caps.

Edited by TreTheRaven, 29 November 2012 - 02:50 AM.

#2 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,718 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

I just hope they keep it going on Sunday. Far too many people I know are Steeler fans.

#3 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Intriguing to have a drink and talk shop over, but as Harbaugh said..."stats........ we dont care about stats... stats are for the Fans and You guys (analysts) to study and "disect" we in the locker room, do not care about stats"

for us fans its it gives each of us a boost . Confidence knowing these factors. gives each of us room to talk about.

but at the end of the day..... this is the NFL......the arena where its the motto is " any given sunday" fans have a duty to study over film and replays and discuss the ins and outs amoungst others and talk week to week. thats the nature of the game.

pumps me up looking at those stats. BUT before i get my hopes too high, im watching my boys on gameday for the real matchup :)
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#4 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,823 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

You forgot one, 12, the consecutive amount of games the Ravens have won over the AFC North tying the Indianapolis Colts as the only team to win 12 consecutive games against their division opponents. If the Ravens win Sunday it will be their 13th straight win over the AFC North breaking the record set by the Colts.

#5 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Now that I look at it, it's crazy to have a 12-game streak against a division that sent two other teams to the playoffs (and might do so again). The Colts from 2004-2006 didn't have much competition, and neither do the other two current streaks (Packers, Patriots).

#6 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,020 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

It's because we are loud on Defense! My section takes it as a matter of pride when there is an off sides or delay of game in our endzone.
68f2a8.jpg

#7 The Prestige

The Prestige

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Here's the stat that proves that - unless something changes - the streak won't make it through 2013:
The Ravens have scored points in those 12 games:
20, 13, 35, 23, 31, 24, 20, 24, 44, 23, 25, and 13.

This offense - particularly with the skills of Jones, Doss and Thompson in 3 and (potentially) 4-WR sets - should be scoring more than that.

I'm not trying to turn this into another "Fire Cam Cameron" thread, but I'm just saying that in today's NFL - not 1992 NFL or 1982 NFL - teams can get into field goal range in one play (and Dean Pees' defense has largely been getting big sacks and passes defensed once teams make plays to land them at that part of the field) and sometimes can score in one play.

Even career offensive underachiever Brad Childress is going to put the ball in Richardson's hands in space, and also spread defenses out with their speedy Gordon, Benjamin, Cameron, and Watson to create big plays. Boldin and the Ravens' tight ends just aren't that fast.

If you look at how Jay Gruden uses Andrew Hawkins and Mohamed Sanu, and how Roethlisberger looks when he spreads it out 4-WR, it's clear the Ravens defense - whether it's Ellerbe or Lewis out there - is not going to keep teams out of the end zone every week.

The AFC North is shifting toward a our-playmakers-will-beat-your-playmakers, use-space-and-illegal-contact-rules passing division.

Essentially, the Ravens must seize this opportunity to win the division and do damage because they have the one offense in the division that seems to allow defenses to condense/pin their ears back and the one offense that seems unwilling to attack with the speed standing on the sidelines. This division has always been hard, but it just seems to get harder. Look no further than A.J. Green.

A great candidate to beat the Ravens next season is the Browns, so long as Cam feels the need on pass plays to keep Rice and two tight ends in or Rice, Leach and a tight end. The Browns' Joe Haden is rapidly ascending to star status. There might be a game or two where he gets the best of Torrey Smith. If the Ravens want to keep their space-creating WR's on the bench, that defense will not have to honor the deep passing game.

#8 Quackjack

Quackjack

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Don't expect an easy win now...
Insert witty sig here

#9 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Here's the stat that proves that - unless something changes - the streak won't make it through 2013:
The Ravens have scored points in those 12 games:
20, 13, 35, 23, 31, 24, 20, 24, 44, 23, 25, and 13.

This offense - particularly with the skills of Jones, Doss and Thompson in 3 and (potentially) 4-WR sets - should be scoring more than that.

I'm not trying to turn this into another "Fire Cam Cameron" thread, but I'm just saying that in today's NFL - not 1992 NFL or 1982 NFL - teams can get into field goal range in one play (and Dean Pees' defense has largely been getting big sacks and passes defensed once teams make plays to land them at that part of the field) and sometimes can score in one play.

Even career offensive underachiever Brad Childress is going to put the ball in Richardson's hands in space, and also spread defenses out with their speedy Gordon, Benjamin, Cameron, and Watson to create big plays. Boldin and the Ravens' tight ends just aren't that fast.

If you look at how Jay Gruden uses Andrew Hawkins and Mohamed Sanu, and how Roethlisberger looks when he spreads it out 4-WR, it's clear the Ravens defense - whether it's Ellerbe or Lewis out there - is not going to keep teams out of the end zone every week.

The AFC North is shifting toward a our-playmakers-will-beat-your-playmakers, use-space-and-illegal-contact-rules passing division.

Essentially, the Ravens must seize this opportunity to win the division and do damage because they have the one offense in the division that seems to allow defenses to condense/pin their ears back and the one offense that seems unwilling to attack with the speed standing on the sidelines. This division has always been hard, but it just seems to get harder. Look no further than A.J. Green.

A great candidate to beat the Ravens next season is the Browns, so long as Cam feels the need on pass plays to keep Rice and two tight ends in or Rice, Leach and a tight end. The Browns' Joe Haden is rapidly ascending to star status. There might be a game or two where he gets the best of Torrey Smith. If the Ravens want to keep their space-creating WR's on the bench, that defense will not have to honor the deep passing game.

Thanks for taking another feel good post into a negative. Thanks friend.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#10 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for taking another feel good post into a negative. Thanks friend.

He brings up good points. The way I see it is the best seeding we will get is number 2 unless the Texansssuchoffer serious injuries. That means we have to go back to the murder scene and try to string together an offense that looked terrible it's last time out there. We need to figure out a way for the offense to be more efficient on the road for this team to accomplish its goal. Cam might also not meant to keep running plays to JJs side twhen he continues to knock balls down. Or at least be more creative with how you do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users