12 replies to this topic

#1 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

I was just looking ahead at their remaining games, and besides us, Denver has a cakewalk. I feel our remaining games are much tougher. I see them at 12-4, unless we hiccup. This does put some pressure on us to continue to get better, and figure out what exactly we want to do on offense. Looking forward to this game, seeing if our D can hang with Peyton.

#2 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

It'll be a test with Peyton finding his stride in the new system. They look good and looking ahead I see them and Eli's Giants as our biggest two remaining games.

It has the potential of being a very tough game.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#3 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Thankfully this one is at home but we're going to have serious issues with Dumerville and Von Miller on the edges. Peyton always shreds us and now he has a better blocking line than he did in Indy. His WRs aren't as good however. I'll be disappointed if we get torched by a WR like Decker or Stockley's 39 year old self. Webb would have been ideal for this game to cut off Stockley from the slot.

#4 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1354231440' post='1238298']
Thankfully this one is at home but we're going to have serious issues with Dumerville and Von Miller on the edges. Peyton always shreds us and now he has a better blocking line than he did in Indy. His WRs aren't as good however. I'll be disappointed if we get torched by a WR like Decker or Stockley's 39 year old self. Webb would have been ideal for this game to cut off Stockley from the slot.
[/quote]
He is Manning's secret weapon; whenever something is not working right, Manning will call Stockley, and most of the time it's either result with first down or TD....that old man is crafty with very good route running......
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#5 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

At the beginning of the season I wrote this one as a loss.
My opinion has not changed.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#6 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

The Ravens have to face both of the Mannings at the end of the season... damn! The Steelers and Bengals have much easier schedules, though one of them will likely knock the other out in Week 16.

Kudos to Peyton and co. for clinching a playoff spot! Mr. Manning is truly a spectacular athlete!
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#7 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,437 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Thomas & Decker are pretty damn good. Peyton makes everyone 10x better.

If our D can't get pressure on him we wont stand a chance.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#8 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

If the Broncos can get a Bye and play at home i would not rule them out playing in the AFC Title game and winning it...Manning has hit his stride and the Ravens secondary are going to have their hands full on Dec 16th.

#9 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

They hit form, 8 in a row I think, maybe 7. Their lass rush is legit, it will cause problems for any team, then they have manning. Obviously I'd never concede a game before it starts, so I wOuld say they are my number two team to win the Super Bowl behind us

#10 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,523 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

They hit form, 8 in a row I think, maybe 7. Their lass rush is legit, it will cause problems for any team, then they have manning. Obviously I'd never concede a game before it starts, so I wOuld say they are my number two team to win the Super Bowl behind us

Seven. And six of those seven are against sub-500 teams. Before that they lost to playoff contenders, Texans, Patriots and Falcons.

I'm not saying the Broncos aren't a strong team. But I do think they are a bit overrated especially with their recent string of wins against poor competition. They haven't been moving the ball at will like some propose. They were going against the 32nd pass defense yesterday who was also down their top DB.

Their pass-rush is great though. I'll cede that. Plus I want to see how Manning does during December in Denver.
Posted Image

#11 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,437 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Seven. And six of those seven are against sub-500 teams. Before that they lost to playoff contenders, Texans, Patriots and Falcons.

I'm not saying the Broncos aren't a strong team. But I do think they are a bit overrated especially with their recent string of wins against poor competition. They haven't been moving the ball at will like some propose. They were going against the 32nd pass defense yesterday who was also down their top DB.

Their pass-rush is great though. I'll cede that. Plus I want to see how Manning does during December in Denver.

Agree. Although I still think they're serious contenders.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#12 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Thomas & Decker are pretty damn good. Peyton makes everyone 10x better.

If our D can't get pressure on him we wont stand a chance.

They're both legit NFL WRs with Thomas being a specimen who I think we will have serious issues with. But I don't think much of Decker against press coverage. He's a slower guy without much initial burst, a savvy route runner with great hands. Typically we do ok against those kinds of receivers because Pees isn't afraid to play press man on them.

But obviously it boils down to pressure, Manning will throw you open if he has all day to throw.

#13 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Decker's a pretty damn good receiver! And you can't forget super-trooper Demaryius Thomas! He plays his heart out every game.

For clarification, it's spelled 'Stokley.'
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users