Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Caw: 'Hey Diddle Diddle' Is Taking Off

36 posts in this topic

Ray Rice is raising money for charity with sales of T-shirts featuring the name of his 4th-and-29 conversion.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Caw-Hey-Diddle-Diddle-Is-Taking-Off/40c9eb60-aa49-433d-bd8d-b1482fc2543d]View the full article[/url]

Anyone have a link to purchase these shirts? I know what I'm buying for Christmas.

Ray is not taking full credit for that t-shirt slogan I hope. I had a t-shirt when I was young that read, "Hey Diddle Diddle Lydell up the middle" with a caricature picture of Baltimore Colts running back Lydell Micthell on it. Ryan Mink is too young to remember them, but I am sure I am not the only old timer from Baltimore that remembers that t-shirt or saying. Someone had to of told Ray about it, because that would be way to much of a coincidence. Hopefully they sell well for his charity.

Great cause! We're going over to "The Ravens Shop" on Harford Road to see if they have any!

An aside: J.J. on "The Play":

"I know as media you want something more dramatic than the old technique and fundamentals and all of that," Outside Linebacker, Jarret Johnson said, "but that is what it was. We took bad angles. We didn't get him boxed in when we had the opportunity to. He got out and did what great players do. He made a great play. He had a huge block, and they got him over the line." ~ 11/18/12, San Diego Union-Tribune.

Hey, Cobra,... we used to say that in the school yards as kids, "Hey, Diddle-Diddle... let's go up the middle!"

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1354145409' post='1237538']
Ray is not taking full credit for that t-shirt slogan I hope. I had a t-shirt when I was young that read, "Hey Diddle Diddle Lydell up the middle" with a caricature picture of Baltimore Colts running back Lydell Micthell on it. Ryan Mink is too young to remember them, but I am sure I am not the only old timer from Baltimore that remembers that t-shirt or saying. Someone had to of told Ray about it, because that would be way to much of a coincidence. Hopefully they sell well for his charity.
[/quote]I remember that also. Ray Rice probably heard it once before and forgot it, but either way since it is for a good cause we should all support as much as possible.

Watching Joe, throw that pass to Torrey, in OT on the sideline on 1 Winning Drive felt like I was standing next to the Man himself during the play! "Priceless"!

You can purchase them at Great Moments, Poor Boys and lots of other local retailers

The 'Hey Diddle Diddle 'reference is even older than that. It's from a Chico Marx play call in the movie Horse Feathers from 1932

The Cat and the fiddle; The cow jumped over the moon...as the Ravens put a fork in the Squeelers and sent them squee- squee- squeeellling all the way home with thier terrible yellow wipes !

What a great freakin' guy! Giving back is the Raven's way. God bless him and all of the other charitable Ravens.

Just how lucky are we to have him? In a league full of guys who hold out in the last 1 or even 2 years of their rookie contracts (ESPECIALLY RBs), Ray just kept his mouth shut and played ball. When his contract came up, there was no hard ball gamesmanship - he just took a solid contract that was fair to both sides and smiled.

His quote reminds me of a really old Marx Brother movie (Horse Feathers). This film is so old ... its too brutal to watch all the way though - but check it out at the 2 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Qlk7sfZfQ

Are we going to shake and bake and make Dolphin steak??lol Great cause, Ray Rices seems to be a nice guy as well as talented-- I remember the Lydell Mitchell one too. :229031_cheer: suck to be on the wrong side of 40 lol

my first road game in SD and to see the play of the year was incredible and to be truthful I got a lot of respect and compliments from charger fans there, they were very respectable about the game in general, shocked but very classy about it. one hell of a comeback to be proud of all the way around and dont look now but it looks like were getting our defense back again. I dont know about you all but I am looking for payback against the patsies and Houston real soon.

GO RAVENS!

Hey Diddle Diddle, Ray Rice up the middle brings back memories! Back in the day when Ted Marcabroda was coaching the Baltimore Colts we had a pretty good running back Lydell Mitchell and TM insisted on running him up the middle when all us fans thought he might run hum outside in space and get more yardage. Heyy Diddle Diddle Lydell up the middle was the call then. Thanks for the memories Ray!!!