Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uamaukeeaokaainaikapono

Harbaugh Prevents Ravens Mutiny

39 posts in this topic

Hot off the press. Apparently, this happened back in October after our loss to the Texans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--john-harbaugh-kept-ravens-on-track-despite--mutiny--at-practice-in-october--164505133.html

This is what we as men ought to do more of. Talk out loud about our issues and struggles. And be man enough to take correction as needed.

Bravo Harbaugh and players!

I do wonder if someone yelled "Cam! You suck!"

Heck of a job coach.

Luckily that happened in his fifth year and not his first... lol I can't see your everyday coach being able to hand that.

Good on Harbaugh for taking a democratic stance.

But why on earth would you drop the "we're putting on the pads at practice" on a team that just got the hell beat out of them, and played 6 games in like 26 days or whatever it was?

Treatment of players and mood swings? What's that mean? He seems to be one of the most calm coaches in the NFL on and off the field.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1354135301' post='1237336']
Good on Harbaugh for taking a democratic stance.

But why on earth would you drop the "we're putting on the pads at practice" on a team that just got the hell beat out of them, and played 6 games in like 26 days or whatever it was?
[/quote]

They weren't playing very physically in the beginning of the season, which would encourage a coach to have a padded practice. At the same time, the lack of physicality was likely due to strain on their bodies. You could look at it both ways.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1354133014' post='1237288']
I still wish he was stronger in the X's and O's department.
[/quote]

Yes ,this is why Cam gets more leeway then he should ,unfortunately.

Apologies if posted already, but this is an awesome article

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--john-harbaugh-kept-ravens-on-track-despite--mutiny--at-practice-in-october--164505133.html"]http://sports.yahoo....-164505133.html[/url]

[quote name='Pino' timestamp='1354153413' post='1237642']
great example of how men should act. i'd like to think Baltimore influenced his maturity
[/quote]

As my father used to say, it's a "product of good parenting." :)

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1354155419' post='1237662']
thanks for posting this.
This article needs to be on the front page.
[/quote]

It, and more things like it, will be everywhere if the Ravens go on to play in the Superbowl. ;)

This is the kind of article I like to see. Not that there was a near mutiny, but something that really feels a little more "behind the scenes" real. I understand that keeping the top stories on the website all positive and sunshine and roses is good for maintaining that kind of attitude among a large part of the fanbase, but we need to see stories like this once in a while. I'd rather hear that the men in this organization have real issues and grind them out with their teammates and staff than to just be spoonfed a story that everyone gets along perfectly and everybody is happy all the time. We know better. We're smarter than that. Keep it real. ;)

This is a nice article, but it's clear from this session that some players have deeper issues than just a padded practice. This was nice and therapeutic because the team is still winning, but what happens if we get bounced from the playoffs early? I hope I don't have to answer that question but it does concern me. We'll see.

But Harbaugh handled the situation nicely, in any case.

Great example of what Harbaugh does for this team.

He really might be the most underrated coach in the NFL right now.

Cause Harbaugh sucks and needs to be fired right ?

Hey were did those guys go ?

[b]NOTE /[/b]
I am mocking those who not too long ago were saying Harbaugh needed to be fired.
I am quite the John Harbaugh fan and supporter.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1354157818' post='1237681']
Cause Harbaugh sucks and needs to be fired right ?

Hey were did those guys go ?

[b]NOTE /[/b]
I am mocking those who not too long ago were saying Harbaugh needed to be fired.
I am quite the John Harbaugh fan and supporter.
[/quote]

I'm still here and happy to be wrong. Harbs has grown as a coach and there is not a legit argument in the world against 5 straight playoff appearances, although I do wish he would fire the offensive coordinator who's name I refuse to type.

Very interesting article.

I liked the part where the no-huddle offense was addressed. It was nicve to get a sense from the players themselves what they thought of it.

Hey, it seems to work in the 4th qtr so lets just save it for then and not kill our defense in the process with a 1:45 second 3 and outs through the first part of the game

I read this, this morning and thought it would be very interesting to share. This "near mutiny" apparently happened after the bye week. I know Harbs catches alot of flack on his leadership skills and from time to time people wonder what he brings to the table. Thoughts?

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--john-harbaugh-kept-ravens-on-track-despite--mutiny--at-practice-in-october--164505133.html"]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--john-harbaugh-kept-ravens-on-track-despite--mutiny--at-practice-in-october--164505133.html[/url]

Funny, how after the Bye week and this supposed mutiny, we played our best game to date against Oakland and set a franchise record.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1354209542' post='1237969']
Funny, how after the Bye week and this supposed mutiny, we played our best game to date against Oakland and set a franchise record.
[/quote]

I was going to say that too.
It seems the loss to the Texans / the bye week was a huge turning point.
Now we know some of the reason why.