Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Cary Williams, Five Other Ravens Lead Pro Bowl Voting

117 posts in this topic

The Ravens have six players leading the Pro Bowl voting at their positions.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Cary-Williams-Five-Other-Ravens-Lead-Pro-Bowl-Voting/f7b97d63-3482-44ff-89f6-71a02ae8729d]View the full article[/url]

lol i dont understand how williams is leading the pro bowl. He gets burned more than half the time and gets a few tipped picks and or bad throws.

I love the Ravens but Cary Williams got those INT by being at the wrong place at the right time (except his 1st INT against the Browns). There are better corners in the AFC. But all the others I do agree with.

Cary Williams has came along way. Pro Bowl worthy?? Maybe not but without him right now this secondary would be getting torched. He's not a shutdown #1 but he's good #2 IMO

THe usual suspects.... Really think that Pollard should be a higher vote # but I will take it! WOnder if Ellerbee is getting any consideration.

Carey is getting better along with the rest of the defense. I was on him hard earlier in the season, but he has been playin a lot better as of late. I do not think we were putting him in situations to make him sucessful early in the season and there was very little pass rush. I think he is a solid # 2 CB. Not a Probowler yet.

I am pleased for each of them for being nominated but I hope they are too busy getting ready for the Superbowl to be able to play.

Williams a pro bowler!?! ...Wow... I did not see that coming... If he does make the pro bowl he's gonna use that as leverage for a new contract.

who cares "ughh Cary Williams isn't pro bowl worthy" "Williams isn't good enough for a pro bowl" he's a Raven and he's leading in votes Ravens fans are the worst cant ever be happy for somebody and its not based on play its a popularity contest and besides the pro bowl is a joke anyway

[quote name='steelcityraven' timestamp='1354131342' post='1237253']
THe usual suspects.... Really think that Pollard should be a higher vote # but I will take it! WOnder if Ellerbee is getting any consideration.
[/quote]
I would love for Ellerbe to get the nod but right now he is not known by many....yet! He will definitely start to get some cred after this season. There's no reason why BP shouldn't make the pro bowl. Dude is simply on fire this year.

People lets look at this from a different perspective pertainng to Cary. He may not be "pro bowl" worthy but his play has definitely gotten better in this latter half of the season. You really cant say anything bad about him lately compared to any other cb in the league. Also imagine what this does for his confidence. This guy has truly fought for this position and is getting better everygame. the best thing you cn ever ask for is a player to recognize his mistakes while attempting to correct them. Cary is def doing that. However it works out Ill be happy for him because you can honestly say that at this point he has helped us much more than he has hurt us. Show the man a lil love.

Cary has been coming on as of late. I feel like he's been stepping up with all the injuries. I think he's was so bad early bc of the hip procedure he had in the offseason.

Where's Ray Rice? I don't see no other running back in the AFC besides Arian Foster that could possibly be elected to the Pro Bowl

where the heck is Rice?.. I mean who else could possibly be ahead of him?.. Foster maybe but really?.. thats just rude.. i think things would change after his 4th and forever completion...

Jeez, give Cary a break!! I started the season screaming at him, too! But he has improved greatly since the beginning of the season, was very reliable last year when playing hurt, and his overall confidence has gotten better. I still believe the off-season surgery was a big question mark for him and how he was going to play this year. He is playing at a much higher level now, and going down the stretch, it can only get better, imho!!

Cary Williams...who would have thunk it?
Way to step up when the team needed you Cary.
Keep up the good work!

congrats to all the players on the list ....Tucker? I been voting hope it helps.

cary has stepped up big time and im happy hes on the ballot and what the heckrnch toast why isnt tucker on the list hes been lights out

Cary is a pro bowler ? How can he be even in the count. The guy has zero technique, He has been burnt more times then toast and he seems like he just does not want to try to get better. Something simple as playing the ball or trying press coverage eludes him. If he is a Pro Bowl player then the nomination does not mean anything anymore. The guy is 3rd string material at best and is only the best of a bad situation and nothing more.

Tucker and Ray Rice are on the ballot as well. They article said that the listed players were leading in the voting. If you want Tucker or Rice - vote for them - I have

I remember last year at how excited everyone was that we had so many players on the Pro-Bowl like 7 if I'm not mistaken, almost setting a new record. Everyone wants to point out first when we are looking at bringing players on the team from other squads, "oh, he was a Pro-Bowler", but people scoff at voting for the Pro-Bowl??? Come on people, ya can't have it both ways, lol.

There IS a reason it is listed as an accolade for consideration for the Hall of Fame. The Pro Bowl is an honor for football players as it is voted on by fans, coaches and peers. I too, hope we will be occupied with the Super Bowl, but it never hurts to show ya team some love and a chance at some national recognition! Lord knows we don't get much positive spin from the national media, lol. Give it a shot and vote for all our Ravens!!! :baltimore-ravens:

You can vote more than once too!

[quote name='black blood purple passion' timestamp='1354136979' post='1237360']
A lot of people jumped on the Cary bandwagon after this post...I however have not.
[/quote]

I jumped on it after he improved his play when Webb went down, however, that doesn't mean I think he's a Pro Bowler. I think he's a solid cornerback for any team, and we're lucky to have him healthy right now