Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nextgen_RavensFan

Do you see it yet, a revisit.

12 posts in this topic

So for a while folks wanted Pees on the chopping block but now after a half of a season he knows who can do what and is putting the guys in position to make great plays. I would have to think his adjustments are a bit slow in terms of games but he did make them and he has us at a more respectable level.

I was on the band wagon for a while and would have gladly bought the rope to hang him but he has finally gotten to the point where almost all of our D is looking comfortable and making an impact.

I'll say this, Pees has been good in preventing points from being given up, but I still dont like the bend dont break philosophy.

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1354130488' post='1237236']
I'll say this, Pees has been good in preventing points from being given up, but I still dont like the bend dont break philosophy.
[/quote]

Agreed. If you let the opposing offense run down to the Ravens 40 - 50 on a lot of drives, you are setting yourself up for failure. One misplay could have the other team putting 7 on the board. With the way our offense has been playing, we can very easily lose a game because of one play.

If our offense was churning out points on a majority of drives, then the "bend but don't break" defense would work wonderfully. But unfortunately that isn't the case.

Still not convinced...the last quarter of this season (4 games) we've played some mediocre, banged up teams. If we can play good defense against the Giants & Broncos then I'll change my way of thinking.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1354132743' post='1237281']
Still not convinced...the last quarter of this season (4 games) we've played some mediocre, banged up teams. If we can play good defense against the Giants & Broncos then I'll change my way of thinking.
[/quote]You make a good point. The last 4 teams we played have barely been putting up points recently. But atleast we haven't been letting underachieving offense achieve on us. That's a good sign.

[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1354133338' post='1237294']
You make a good point. The last 4 teams we played have barely been putting up points recently. But atleast we haven't been letting underachieving offense achieve on us. That's a good sign.
[/quote]
Agreed, that would be totally different, It would be a disaster. Good teams are expected to do that though, great teams do it consistently to all levels of competition

[/quote]

I agree as well. Why let the other team build up points to where it is a must to stop them. The one thing that still bugs me is the CB's playing back way to often. Even in third and short situations i constantly see Williams off by 10 yards. That does drive me nuts.

Do you think Pees being up in the booth has helped him ? I always wondered if it made a difference but you loose the on field impressions from the guys coming off of the field who always have a better perspective i think.

[/quote]
I prefer the kill everything philosophy personally...

[quote name='nextgen_RavensFan' timestamp='1354133893' post='1237305']
Do you think Pees being up in the booth has helped him ? I always wondered if it made a difference but you loose the on field impressions from the guys coming off of the field who always have a better perspective i think.
[/quote]
Theres phones on the sidelines, they can always call up, and the other coaches would be in contact as well.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1354132743' post='1237281']
[/quote]

Agreed, have to see a full season of work.