11 replies to this topic

#1 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

So for a while folks wanted Pees on the chopping block but now after a half of a season he knows who can do what and is putting the guys in position to make great plays. I would have to think his adjustments are a bit slow in terms of games but he did make them and he has us at a more respectable level.

I was on the band wagon for a while and would have gladly bought the rope to hang him but he has finally gotten to the point where almost all of our D is looking comfortable and making an impact.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#2 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

We're ranked 7th in scoring defense. Pees is good.

#3 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,728 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

I'll say this, Pees has been good in preventing points from being given up, but I still dont like the bend dont break philosophy.

#4 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,518 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

I'll say this, Pees has been good in preventing points from being given up, but I still dont like the bend dont break philosophy.

Agreed. If you let the opposing offense run down to the Ravens 40 - 50 on a lot of drives, you are setting yourself up for failure. One misplay could have the other team putting 7 on the board. With the way our offense has been playing, we can very easily lose a game because of one play.

If our offense was churning out points on a majority of drives, then the "bend but don't break" defense would work wonderfully. But unfortunately that isn't the case.

Edited by terpsnation, 28 November 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#5 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Still not convinced...the last quarter of this season (4 games) we've played some mediocre, banged up teams. If we can play good defense against the Giants & Broncos then I'll change my way of thinking.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#6 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Still not convinced...the last quarter of this season (4 games) we've played some mediocre, banged up teams. If we can play good defense against the Giants & Broncos then I'll change my way of thinking.

You make a good point. The last 4 teams we played have barely been putting up points recently. But atleast we haven't been letting underachieving offense achieve on us. That's a good sign.

z66oxxi.jpg

#7 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

You make a good point. The last 4 teams we played have barely been putting up points recently. But atleast we haven't been letting underachieving offense achieve on us. That's a good sign.

Agreed, that would be totally different, It would be a disaster. Good teams are expected to do that though, great teams do it consistently to all levels of competition
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#8 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

I agree as well. Why let the other team build up points to where it is a must to stop them. The one thing that still bugs me is the CB's playing back way to often. Even in third and short situations i constantly see Williams off by 10 yards. That does drive me nuts.

#9 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Do you think Pees being up in the booth has helped him ? I always wondered if it made a difference but you loose the on field impressions from the guys coming off of the field who always have a better perspective i think.

#10 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

I prefer the kill everything philosophy personally...

#11 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Do you think Pees being up in the booth has helped him ? I always wondered if it made a difference but you loose the on field impressions from the guys coming off of the field who always have a better perspective i think.

Theres phones on the sidelines, they can always call up, and the other coaches would be in contact as well.

#12 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Agreed, have to see a full season of work.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users