Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Rice Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

49 posts in this topic

The Ravens running back won the award after his memorable 4th-and-29 conversion.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Rice-Named-AFC-Offensive-Player-of-the-Week/c1f4fc37-3fba-4d6d-92f7-619f95dd9272]View the full article[/url]

No surprise there!

There were many amazing plays last week but "The Play" while phenomenal, was just what we knew could happen if we get Ray Rice in space!

Well deserved.

Run all over the Steelers this weekend, lets finish them off!

lol man one play gave him the player of the week im happy for him. But flacco stepped up in the 4th quarter if it wasnt for him we wouldve lost. I would gave it to tucker for being toooo clutch

"Hey diddle diddle, Ray Rice up the middle, with B Pierce jumping over the moon"!! While we know what Ray is capable of, that run by Bernard Pierce was also a fabulous play, hurdling over Chargers Weddle!! Congrats to Ray!!

Ray Rice is THE MAN! We are blessed to have had great running backs in Jamal Lewis and now Ray Rice. Everyone knows what happened when we had Jamal... Superbowl XXXV - It's time for Ray to get his turn...Superbowl XLVII.

I remember seeing Norv Turner just standing there shaking his head like he was saying I can't believe this is happening. For me that was priceless.

And the next time Rivers and the chargers come to Bmore to play the fans ought to give him a resounding booooo for his comments over the play.

[quote name='Ravensfan4life2010' timestamp='1354117389' post='1237046']
lol man one play gave him the player of the week im happy for him. But flacco stepped up in the 4th quarter if it wasnt for him we wouldve lost. I would gave it to tucker for being toooo clutch
[/quote]

Actually, it was that run which gave Rice 97 yards on 22 carries and 67 yards receiving on the day that propelled him to number three on the NFL's All-Purpose Yards list for 2012 that garnered him this honor!

Just more proof that we need to find more ways to get the ball to Ray in space.
We seem to want to constrict him...too much.

More screens... more misdirections.... and more Ray Rice.
THe running game has been slow to develop and part of that is the constant changing on the OL and the lack of chemisty...

but part of that is predictability in the play calling. I would love to see us using all of our weapons... it will open Ray up and allow him to work more in space.

Congrats to Ray on the award. Hope you get the never say never one too. And also congrats to Joe for seeing that Ray had running room and to Boldin for the great tackle that got Ray those last much needed yards.

a subtle accomplishment for a man whom thinks team first. First it was the catch, then the run, then the evasion of would be tacklers and making players miss, coupled with Boldins bone jarring block, means one play meant to be echoed in Baltimore for years to come. the play would not have happened IF all parts (players) involved, didnt do their part during the play at that exact moment that they did. so everyone was equally important during in te play

[quote name='MDpgRaven' timestamp='1354121027' post='1237105']
Boldin's Block was better than the run
[/quote] ... thru purple-tinted glasses!

We caught a break as it could have:
1. been called an illegal block in the back, or
2. almost knocked the player into Ray harder, bringing him down short of the First Down!

@Joe Hill, Philip Rivers is a petulent over excited child, who behaves like a total brat! Not an NFL QB! He is just a terribly sore loser, that's all!

...you mean, if it wasn't for Q (Anquan) we would've lost. Cause he made the last critical block that sprung Rice for the few yards he had left to get.

i think chargers fans are secretly happy that Rice converted that 4th down cuz that will definitely be the last straw that gets Norv fired