86 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Could Ravens change O-line again? Which Steelers will play vs. Ravens? Power rankings.

View the full article

#2 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

I really would like to see us get Babin but I would put our chances at 20%. Still, we need to hit Roethlisberger.

#3 ravenpic

ravenpic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Andy Reid will be clearing things out before he exits Phila. I think Babin wants to play but few around him on the Eagles defense are. A change of scenery to the Ravens philosophy could put 5 more strong years into his career. Most likely won't happen though.

#4 ravenpic

ravenpic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

If they were trying to get Bryant McKinnie ready for the final push now is the time to see if it has paid off.

#5 Tyrone Jones

Tyrone Jones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Offenses can't block Babin Suggs Upshaw Krugger and Ngata...Thats just ridiculous...

#6 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Please don't respond to that Adam Schein article. It's obviously just trolling for rage.

#7 92de52fence55

92de52fence55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

i really hope we get babin he could just give us that little extra push to make our defense good enough to get us all the way there. cause our O struggles on the road we need our D to be great like they were this last weekend. and adding him would be another great improvement to an already great rotation of pass rushing line backers and DEs

#8 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

1. If we signed Babin, he would only be a 3rd down pass rusher, as he was graded as one of the worst run defense ends in the league.

2. I don't think he really fits well in the 3-4, and he would probably take Kruger off the field on 3rd down, which doesn't make much sense to me.

#9 chevalier

chevalier

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

there's no way some crappy team will allow Babin thru waivers. He's 32 and a bit pricy maybe so there's a chance but I have to believe a desperate team will drop the cash like the Skins or someone.

#10 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

McKInnie appears as if he will get the nod... he manhandles Harrison so it may be a good time to promote him.

Babin opposite Suggs is scary... especially the way that Krueger and Upshaw have been improving.... with Ngata pushing the pocket... If we could get a deal like that done- that could push us over the top!

I hope that Ben and Antonio and all the sqeelers play.... dont want no excuses this time around!

#11 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

we don't even have cap room for babin but its a nice thought. Joe has a chance to shut everyone up manning brothers back to back . I mean beat them and beat them bad. Let your actions speak louder then there words.

#12 dhartm2

dhartm2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

I don't think Babin would be a fit for us at all. He's only ever had success playing in a 4-3, and more specifically than that, only in the Wide 9 defense and only when it's coached by Jim Washburn. We just don't need a 4-3 DE unless we completely change our scheme. It doesn't really matter though because as the article says, we don't have the cap space and he probably won't clear waivers.

I hope they go with Reid or Harewood at LG. It's worth it just to get one of those guys the experience, Bobby Williams clearly isn't a long term solution.

#13 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

that'd be an expensive 3rd down rusher, we have issues stopping the run as it is (not so much as of late but if it ain't completely broken, don't worry too much about fixing it lol

#14 ItsOurYear

ItsOurYear

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Please don't sign Babin. There were questions about his effort in Philly and we don't need that type of player anywhere near our locker room.

#15 heycuf

heycuf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Right now,I don't think we need him.Our guys have stepped up & the defense is jelling nicely. We need help on the offensive side.Somebody that can make better play calling & adjustments to the opponents defense.It seems that we make adjustments too late.

#16 crabby

crabby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Sara, Sara, Sara,
Please, you have to stop printing negative news about our team. That article from Adam Schein was horribly bias. If someone was talking smack about you would you want it passed along to all of your friends and fans? There are so many naysayers out there you need to learn to ignore them. Please.

#17 akacrow

akacrow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Babin could very well clear waivers, he is 32 years old, teams with losing records are not going to add a player over 30 halfway through a losing season. The only teams I see taking a shot at Babin are those who have a chance at a playoff spot, run a 43 defense, and of course, the need to boost their pass rush.

Maybe NE, they have been running a 43.

#18 feartheflock

feartheflock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I don't like Reid at guard. Maybe he needs more time but if Harbaugh wants to put the best OL to win now then I would go with Harewood or Williams. I always thought the best OL we had was McKinnie, Osemele, Birk, Yanda, and Oher but I guess its too late in the season to try that.

Oh, and theres no chance for Babin.

#19 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm in agreement with heycuf that we don't need to add another piece to the Dee now that they are demonstrating that they are buying into Dean Pees and his ability to think on his feet quickly!

No sense sending a message that may be construed by the young Ravens that the coaches and FO lack confidence in them by bringing Babin in.

Let the kids continue to grow into their roles! Few great pass rushers make an impact right from the Draft!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 28 November 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#20 deryle

deryle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

how can players be beat like they own you and ask for payton to sign is picture,they s should be trying to get that picture out of there mines uless its got a bullseye on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users