Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 11/28: Chances Ravens Get Pro Bowl DE Jason Babin

88 posts in this topic

Could Ravens change O-line again? Which Steelers will play vs. Ravens? Power rankings.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1128-Chances-Ravens-Get-Pro-Bowl-DE-Jason-Babin/2c927699-0562-460b-aae8-a79badb1654f]View the full article[/url]

I really would like to see us get Babin but I would put our chances at 20%. Still, we need to hit Roethlisberger.

Andy Reid will be clearing things out before he exits Phila. I think Babin wants to play but few around him on the Eagles defense are. A change of scenery to the Ravens philosophy could put 5 more strong years into his career. Most likely won't happen though.

If they were trying to get Bryant McKinnie ready for the final push now is the time to see if it has paid off.

i really hope we get babin he could just give us that little extra push to make our defense good enough to get us all the way there. cause our O struggles on the road we need our D to be great like they were this last weekend. and adding him would be another great improvement to an already great rotation of pass rushing line backers and DEs

1. If we signed Babin, he would only be a 3rd down pass rusher, as he was graded as one of the worst run defense ends in the league.

2. I don't think he really fits well in the 3-4, and he would probably take Kruger off the field on 3rd down, which doesn't make much sense to me.

there's no way some crappy team will allow Babin thru waivers. He's 32 and a bit pricy maybe so there's a chance but I have to believe a desperate team will drop the cash like the Skins or someone.

McKInnie appears as if he will get the nod... he manhandles Harrison so it may be a good time to promote him.

Babin opposite Suggs is scary... especially the way that Krueger and Upshaw have been improving.... with Ngata pushing the pocket... If we could get a deal like that done- that could push us over the top!

I hope that Ben and Antonio and all the sqeelers play.... dont want no excuses this time around!

we don't even have cap room for babin but its a nice thought. Joe has a chance to shut everyone up manning brothers back to back . I mean beat them and beat them bad. Let your actions speak louder then there words.

I don't think Babin would be a fit for us at all. He's only ever had success playing in a 4-3, and more specifically than that, only in the Wide 9 defense and only when it's coached by Jim Washburn. We just don't need a 4-3 DE unless we completely change our scheme. It doesn't really matter though because as the article says, we don't have the cap space and he probably won't clear waivers.

I hope they go with Reid or Harewood at LG. It's worth it just to get one of those guys the experience, Bobby Williams clearly isn't a long term solution.

that'd be an expensive 3rd down rusher, we have issues stopping the run as it is (not so much as of late but if it ain't completely broken, don't worry too much about fixing it lol

Please don't sign Babin. There were questions about his effort in Philly and we don't need that type of player anywhere near our locker room.

Right now,I don't think we need him.Our guys have stepped up & the defense is jelling nicely. We need help on the offensive side.Somebody that can make better play calling & adjustments to the opponents defense.It seems that we make adjustments too late.

Sara, Sara, Sara,
Please, you have to stop printing negative news about our team. That article from Adam Schein was horribly bias. If someone was talking smack about you would you want it passed along to all of your friends and fans? There are so many naysayers out there you need to learn to ignore them. Please.

Babin could very well clear waivers, he is 32 years old, teams with losing records are not going to add a player over 30 halfway through a losing season. The only teams I see taking a shot at Babin are those who have a chance at a playoff spot, run a 43 defense, and of course, the need to boost their pass rush.

Maybe NE, they have been running a 43.

I don't like Reid at guard. Maybe he needs more time but if Harbaugh wants to put the best OL to win now then I would go with Harewood or Williams. I always thought the best OL we had was McKinnie, Osemele, Birk, Yanda, and Oher but I guess its too late in the season to try that.

Oh, and theres no chance for Babin.

I'm in agreement with heycuf that we don't need to add another piece to the Dee now that they are demonstrating that they are buying into Dean Pees and his ability to think on his feet quickly!

No sense sending a message that may be construed by the young Ravens that the coaches and FO lack confidence in them by bringing Babin in.

Let the kids continue to grow into their roles! Few great pass rushers make an impact right from the Draft!

how can players be beat like they own you and ask for payton to sign is picture,they s should be trying to get that picture out of there mines uless its got a bullseye on it

Babin will clear waivers, because no one will want to pick up that monster contract. We probably won't sign him, because he will most likely be looking for a long term deal, worth high dollar money.

Whoever picks him up, need to restructure his contract. He's too pricy for his age and his diminishing returns can be too costly for any team - desperate or not.

There is often a very strong relationship most young head coaches have with their franchise signal callers. You see it with Sean Payton and Drew Brees; Belichick and Dungy aren't exactly young but they had it with Brady and Peyton Manning respectively. Andy Reid had a semi-parity relationship with McNabb, and you saw it with Jeff Fisher and Steve McNair. I just don't see it with Harbaugh and Flacco. Maybe I'm not as close to the organization as the average fan, but it seems to me like the relationship Harbaugh has with Ray Lewis is one usually reserved for the HC and QB. Not to say Ray hasn't earned it-- far from it, I'm just saying that it may be the final piece to this puzzle that everyone is waiting for. I want to see Harbaugh and Flacco crap-chatting on the field during warm ups, and then exchanging ideas when the defense is on the field during games. Just a thought.

Adding Babin now would upset the applecart me thinks. Better to go with what already is working. At least at the cost of $2 mil for 4 or 5 games. Rankings don't mean squat or a hill of beans at the end of the season. Only wins count. So where this team ranks in some guy's head is of no consequence. And if this team was playing for power rankings it might not have the current win/loss record.

Contrary to those trying to cushion themselves for Babin going somewhere else, I just want to throw out a few things:[list]
[*]Babin was a beast last year;
[*]we need another piece of the puzzle to get past Houston in the playoffs;
[*]he can put the added pressure on the Mannings and RG3 to keep our secondary from being exploited;
[*]what was his motivation to go all-out when the Eagles have given up (too bad we didn't play them later in the season or we would be 11 and 1 right now).
[/list]

The Eagles released Babin so they can get their younger guys some playing time in a lost season. We've given all our young guys opportunity to play (granted its due to injury) in a 9-2 season! Would Babin be a nice addition to our D of course he would. Would it be the end of the world if he went somewhere else of course not.. Let's go Ravens!!!

%u201CIf the Ravens win the Super Bowl, 4th-and-29 should be engraved on the ring.%u201D

That might be the best thing I read in that part of the article.

better than 4th and 29 on a ring is etched in the minds of all teams yet to play the Ravens this season. Tends to put a damper on sure things if they get ahead.