Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Photo

[News] What Changed With Offense?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

The offense broke out late in Sunday’s game to lead the Ravens to a comeback overtime victory.

View the full article

#2 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

yea we fans been clamoring that joe is unstoppable in the shot gun. Secondly our o-line espicially Reid was getting schooled in the first 3 quarters

#3 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Cam seems to be doing this a lot this season.

He opens it up only when necessary. We cant keep doin that! IDK if it is Cam opening it up or Joe taking a little more liberty but we looked pathetic on O for the first 3 quarters. Then out of necessity we took the handcuffs off!

Keep them off... Force Joe to make plays... he needs to step up and lead us!
CAM get out of his way!

#4 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

The O-line tighten up, thats what changed!

#5 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

It takes 3 quarters to realize what is not working ? I knew cam was getting up in age!! If it takes you 3 quarters to realize, hey this is not working you are either an idiot or you are as stubborn as Brian Billick (offensive genious) and refuse to change course. Either wau cam should be able to tell a bit sooner that his offensive plan for that day was not working and a change is needed.

#6 jek81791

jek81791

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

i wish they would start playing offense outside of the last 10 minutes of the game

Edited by jek81791, 06 December 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#7 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Don't credit Cam for anything! We need him outta here. He's going to revert back to himself in short order. Never fails.

#8 Blacknpurpletilldeath

Blacknpurpletilldeath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Then why dont they do shotgun more often if it was that effective against a good defense...

#9 legoRavs!

legoRavs!

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

is he crediting cam?.. cam wasnt even calling those plays!!!! how does ur QB out call ur OC?.. am I the only one who sees this mind bugling fact????....

#10 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

I literally don't know what to say! Cam should've had a V8? Or maybe they should've let Cam stay at the Holiday Inn the night before the game, perhaps? Just smh!!!

If ya watched the Behind the Bench segments...Did ya see Q talkin' to Cam? Cam looked at first like he didn't have a freakin' clue what Q was explaining to him. Cam makes me want to pull my hair out, what's left of it that is! lol Gaaahhhh!

This week's Behind the Bench is a must see!
Posted Image

#11 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

I like tht big first down catch doss had he went up with double coverage and snatched tht ball he looked like boldin on tht play i like doss hands alot

#12 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Dont forget we had several drops that would have kept several drives alive. Also that pathetic try at a 4th and 1. (spread it out on 4th and one).
The major thing to take away from this game is when the going gets tough is when we shine.

#13 papurple

papurple

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

flacco needs to throw about 100 passes on the sideline before the game starts. he is wild with his throws for the first 15-20 passes before he gets settled. and keep him in the gun, he thinks he's tom brady. thats the way brady operates and he is extremely effective. just seems like a lot of wasted motion going under center when you are running a hurry up offense.

#14 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Jason babin was cut today can we take a chance on him? I dnt think it will hurt only help our pass rush

#15 BigDawgG

BigDawgG

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

YES!! That 4th and inches call was about stupid. The Chargers overloaded the whole left side (Ravens right side) of their defense, and what did the Ravens do? They ran the ball right at the overloaded side, and were stuffed. All they needed was a little pitch-back, a little misdirection, and the drive could have been sustained. I was exasperated.

#16 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

This is no secret. Joe has always been better in shotgun all the way back to his college days. Have to play to your player's strengths, not against them.

Edited by dwhravens, 27 November 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#17 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Just keep winning!
I don't care if you open it up or run it just do whatever you need to, to win the game.

#18 RavenInCali

RavenInCali

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

So I like Babin getting in the defensive rotation we can get him cheap even if it is just for the end of the season

#19 BigDSJ

BigDSJ

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

'That%u2019s what I give Cam [Cameron] credit for, give the offensive coaches credit for, and the players %u2013 the fact that they%u2019re able to shift gears in a heartbeat '

Really Harbaugh?? In what universe is three and a half quarters 'in a heartbeat'?

#20 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

The key is not run vs pass as this story would lead one (and most people commenting thus far) to believe. The key is the three WR set vs two WR set. More WR's, more opportunities. It's really that simple.

The only problem is, is the OC just can't seem to get out of the way of good play selection. Prior to this game I've been thinking to myself, why does it seem as if we're the only team that doesn't run the slant ? Well looky looky, we finally see the slant and look at the results, a la Torrey Smith. Of course we won't see the slant or 3 WR set until, who knows when.

That's my take anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users