Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] What Changed With Offense?

110 posts in this topic

The offense broke out late in Sunday’s game to lead the Ravens to a comeback overtime victory.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/What-Changed-With-Offense/728822b9-888c-486c-91e0-f52c4ed95b84]View the full article[/url]

Cam seems to be doing this a lot this season.

He opens it up only when necessary. We cant keep doin that! IDK if it is Cam opening it up or Joe taking a little more liberty but we looked pathetic on O for the first 3 quarters. Then out of necessity we took the handcuffs off!

Keep them off... Force Joe to make plays... he needs to step up and lead us!
CAM get out of his way!

It takes 3 quarters to realize what is not working ? I knew cam was getting up in age!! If it takes you 3 quarters to realize, hey this is not working you are either an idiot or you are as stubborn as Brian Billick (offensive genious) and refuse to change course. Either wau cam should be able to tell a bit sooner that his offensive plan for that day was not working and a change is needed.

is he crediting cam?.. cam wasnt even calling those plays!!!! how does ur QB out call ur OC?.. am I the only one who sees this mind bugling fact????....

I literally don't know what to say! Cam should've had a V8? Or maybe they should've let Cam stay at the Holiday Inn the night before the game, perhaps? Just smh!!!

If ya watched the Behind the Bench segments...Did ya see Q talkin' to Cam? Cam looked at first like he didn't have a friggin' clue what Q was explaining to him. Cam makes me want to pull my hair out, what's left of it that is! lol Gaaahhhh!

This week's Behind the Bench is a must see!

I like tht big first down catch doss had he went up with double coverage and snatched tht ball he looked like boldin on tht play i like doss hands alot

Dont forget we had several drops that would have kept several drives alive. Also that pathetic try at a 4th and 1. (spread it out on 4th and one).
The major thing to take away from this game is when the going gets tough is when we shine.

flacco needs to throw about 100 passes on the sideline before the game starts. he is wild with his throws for the first 15-20 passes before he gets settled. and keep him in the gun, he thinks he's tom brady. thats the way brady operates and he is extremely effective. just seems like a lot of wasted motion going under center when you are running a hurry up offense.

YES!! That 4th and inches call was about stupid. The Chargers overloaded the whole left side (Ravens right side) of their defense, and what did the Ravens do? They ran the ball right at the overloaded side, and were stuffed. All they needed was a little pitch-back, a little misdirection, and the drive could have been sustained. I was exasperated.

This is no secret. Joe has always been better in shotgun all the way back to his college days. Have to play to your player's strengths, not against them.

Just keep winning!
I don't care if you open it up or run it just do whatever you need to, to win the game.

'That%u2019s what I give Cam [Cameron] credit for, give the offensive coaches credit for, and the players %u2013 the fact that they%u2019re able to shift gears in a heartbeat '

Really Harbaugh?? In what universe is three and a half quarters 'in a heartbeat'?

The key is not run vs pass as this story would lead one (and most people commenting thus far) to believe. The key is the three WR set vs two WR set. More WR's, more opportunities. It's really that simple.

The only problem is, is the OC just can't seem to get out of the way of good play selection. Prior to this game I've been thinking to myself, why does it seem as if we're the only team that doesn't run the slant ? Well looky looky, we finally see the slant and look at the results, a la Torrey Smith. Of course we won't see the slant or 3 WR set until, who knows when.

That's my take anyway.

Joe plays too safe. We've got playmakers on offense, guys who can get up and fight and get the ball. But it's only when are backs are completely against the wall that Joe starts throwing into tight windows of coverage and trusting both his and his receivers' talent. Remember the Cardinals game last year? Q had a huge day because Joe finally started giving him a chance to make a play on tough catches, instead of overthrowing, throwing the ball out of bounds, or taking sacks. Torrey's got the same amazing kind of hands. Pitta's got that ability too. TRUST YOUR TALENT, Joe.

If Ravens play crappy offense sunday we will lose. I hope passions are high and big plays are made, gotta win it. 4 straight wins against the Steelers will be huge, 2 sweeps back to back seasons, and if the Ravens got to the superbowl and win, Steeltown would be silent. lol

Wow. If I was Flacco I would probably want to punch someone in the face...after all they ranked him the least trusted player in the NFL. I don't even know how that's possible. And somehow they forgot Mark Sanchez exist. I seriously don't know how he does it. And I don't know how this team does it where the Falcons get praised for comebacks against bad teams but we get criticized for it.

Hopefully, the Ravens' road woes are now behind them. This will be crucial if we have to face the Texans in the AFCCG. It's make or break in the playoffs, no room for mistakes.

we have had ALL of the tools- now, can we finally get that tool box straightened up ! Can we ?.......or better yet- CAM WE ?!

the failures/successes have NOTHING to do with run vs pass or putting joe in the shotgun or anything like that. in pitt and cleveland we ran the ball a lot but did it help our offense. No it did not. against the eagles we ran a lot of shotgun but did it help the offense. No it did not. this is a scheme issue and not a run/pass issue or shotgun/under center. until cams gone, ask for whatever you want but it will never help this offense.

i said this last year and im saying this again CAM GET OUT OF BALTIMORE. your killing me slowly with ur horrific play calling. there is no reason i should smoke a pack and half of cigs in a 3 hour football game....

For a laugh..... I posted this based upon an article I just read in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. The writer was talking about how with Big Jen they would haven't beaten us, the Browns, etc. :

@Ron Cook... Your article is filled with more woulda, shoulda, coulda excuses than the Steelers have losses. And that's a lot if you're keeping count. Quite pathetic there Homer. Kind of like the Steelers season. :)