Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

[News] Something Special Going On With Ravens

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

John Harbaugh said overcoming adversity is what makes this year's Ravens special.

View the full article

#2 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

duh cause its simply our year straight and simple point blank finito

#3 Fastfingers

Fastfingers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Off-season acquisitions and adjustments with his coaches and players has made his job so far nothing short of sensational. Clock management (big improvement). Now he has the best special teams. Think Championship

#4 Waccoflacco

Waccoflacco

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

I hope this "something special" will bring SB to our beloved city. To be honest I am sick and tired of just reaching playoff and it's about the time!! and honestly how fortunate we are, some teams just dream about reaching playoff's.

#5 Bill Mueller

Bill Mueller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

The Ravens are (and I mean this in the most positive way possible) the Rocky Balboa's of the NFL. They have been beat up, have lost star players, have been declared dead by the media and they keep fighting back and winning. Anyone who has been watching closely can see they are coming together at just the right time and are as deep as the ocean. Ray's 4th and 29 should throw a cold chill into any opposing team. You just can't game plan for that kind of heart.

#6 BMoreRelentless

BMoreRelentless

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I agree the team’s mettle has been tested collectively and individually. Let’s not forget T. Smith’s personal tragedy and how he has continued to play at a high level. Defensively the team has had to adjust to losing Pagano, JJ, Redding, Zbikowski, TSizzle, Webb, Lewis and adding young guys like Kruger, Upshaw, Thompson, Brown and others. That’s a lot of adjusting if you ask me.

Special teams has been a vast improvement over last year!!

Offensively we have struggled to find an identity only because someone doesn’t like what it’s been and they’ve been trying to change it. We’re a smash-mouth run first offense. High flying deep passing attack is not our style.
This team IS special and definitely hardened from adversity and coming up short (last year’s AFC Championship) so I’m not surprised we’re 9-2 and have done it the hard ugly way. Now we need to start taking care of business decisively so that we can get some swag going. Go undefeated in the division and at home again and the swag to win it all will be there.

Special will be an understatement.

#7 Joe Flacco is #1

Joe Flacco is #1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

You guys see that Joke of an article on nfl.com on players who cant be trusted Yeesh i hate nfl sometimes....

#8 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Three letters remember the name ART? also.

#9 Properboy17

Properboy17

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Raven nation has heart

#10 crabby

crabby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Yea, the media only seems to be able to write and say horrible things about Flacco and our team. And the fan comments are even worse. Instead of saying we win through adversity or always find a way to win we are somehow always lucky and not as good as our record. It's so frustrating. Almost any other team pulls out a tough win and they are praised. I'm pretty hopeful about this year. I doubt we will get any respect even if we beat the Manning brothers which I think we will. It is often the team that is bashed all season for finding a way to win when it matters that can go all the way. This is our year through adversity we will win!

#11 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

thats true all great teams face and overcome adversity and the Ravens have allot of it so lets go win a SB

#12 cvilleraven

cvilleraven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

You guys see that Joke of an article on nfl.com on players who cant be trusted Yeesh i hate nfl sometimes....

It's just another article by someone who doesn't actually watch games, just looks at stat lines at the end of the game and sees a QB who doesn't always put up flashy numbers. Forget the fact that we're 9-2 with a defense that is way off its normal offensive-destroying self. We have a QB that just can't be trusted to win games. :eyes: Not sure where he comes to that conclusion, but I don't particularly care either.

We're 9-2, we have 3 home games remaining (4 if you count DC), and then we go out to face a sure to be packed for the offseason Bengals team.

#13 Ravensallday24/7

Ravensallday24/7

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...-trusted...This i just ridiculous they claim Joe has done ABSOLUTELY nothing for this team and says he has failed. At this point I'm speechless I'm done with NFL.com. The excuse backthen was he could only win because of defense. Well that defense isn't that great anymore (recently they have been). Talk about being a hypocrite. Joe Flacco when these idiots ask you questions such as ranking yourself in the top 5 don't bother responding. The media and especially NFL.com is a trap. I've seen about 10 articles bashing Joe in the past week. Somehow 30/51 completions, 355yds, a TD and no INT's=Average according this idiot.

#14 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Keep fighting Ravens. Im loving how we just keep punching.

#15 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Here is what is going on with the Ravens
1. we are not turning the ball over and beating ourselves!
2. we have enough stars to make timely plays... even when we have been outplayed
3. We are battle hardened! We dont panic...been there
4. we have elevated expectations (good job Harbs)
5. we trust eachother

WE seem to have "EMBRACED THE GRIND"

#16 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

With the record we have is that new news ? We are very fortunate to be where we are right now and i am very happy for our record but it would take no genius to see our offensive numbers are very low on the road and except for the last 2 weeks we had one of the worst defenses. We all know this and we all know that it is a very special season we are having and i hope it continues right into a Super Bowl Shot. Let's get Ed that ring he deserves. The guy has given us everything he has and then some.

#17 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

We'll find out soon enough; but I have a feeling that that San Diego win is going to catapult this team to new heights. Their D is shaping up, and the O finally started to move on the road...albeit, in the 4th qtr...but they came alive nonetheless.

If they come out and obliterate poopsberg on Sunday; it will force everyone to see that this team is a REAL threat. (I already believe they are...although I had my doubts early on)

#18 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

As far as I'm concerned the Ravens get no respect,not on ESPN,NFL channels or Media highlights,It bothers me in a way that one week the offense is up and another week it's down but the facts remains that the team is solid,when the offense is down the defense is up and etc.The Ravens can only be better with the company it keeps and the teams it plays,The AFC North is in my opinion the toughest division in NFL Football, we'll finally find out soon enough at the end of the season or maybe the Super Bowl weather we deserve to hang with the BIG BOYS

#19 fusuymada

fusuymada

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

We create a lot of our own problems by keeping Oher on the left side when Mckinnie should be there and Osemele should be the left guard. Yanda and Oher should round out the other side. Oher and Jah Reid are not starting players in the NFL in their present positions. Oher was a revolving door and Reid saw the game from his back. I know Harbaugh has issues with Mckinnie, but its time to do what's best for the team.

#20 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

I think if people saw Joe in one of these pass heavy ATL type offenses they would finally leave him alone. But instead of fixing it that way, Joe will do it with a SB win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users