#1 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hi,
I guess we all enjoy the videos that are available at BR.com. However, the Videos page of the "new" layout (that's several months old by now) seems a bit chaotic. I experience both technical and conceptional issues. I thought I'de give it some time before mentioning it, but I guess f they weren't fixed in months then they aren't planned to be fixed in the first place.

Let's see what I man. First, the technical issues I've been experiencing (and here I only mention the ones I constantly encounter, every time I use the Videos page)

- I cannot start the videos from the thumbnails in the thumbnail banner, right under the main video. If I click on those, the video's page loads, but the video won't start;

- Pausing a video works weirdly. If I pause the video and then resume playback in a short while (like seconds), it all works fine. However, if I leave it paused too long and then try to resume playback, I find that the video is at its end and the counter for the start of the next video is on - like it kept playing "behind the scenes". Can be thoroughly annoying;

As for the conceptional issues:

- the videos seem to get uplaoaded in a random order. It's especially spectacular (and annoying) with the multi-segment ones, like One Winning Drive - where the segments are uploaded in random order ,and often not even one after the other, but totally unrelated videos between them. Like a bunch of videos got uploaded at once without sorting them. That makes the videos list look absolutely unorganized and messy. Sometimes the segments of the multi-segment videos aren't even uploaded the same time: the first two segments of this week's One Winning Drive, for example, got uplodaded not long ago, while the third and fourth parts have been up for about a day...

It's also annoying when freshly uploaded videos are instantly found at the third or fourth position, with older videos ahead of them. Makes looking for videos an unnecessary pain. For example, the post game pressers' links are never the first one when you go to the Video page right after the game ends.

- The "Behind the Bench" segments and the first two parts of One Winning Drive installments are virtually the same. I don't really see the reason for this duplication.

- I think removing the comment option from the videos wasn't a good decision. Although the vids usually drew much fewer comments, many of them none, but still, I don't see why having an option to leave comments for the vids had to go.

I use Win 7 , Chrome (v. 23.0.1271.64)

bio

PS: Just to end on positive notes, however, the quality of the videos (both technically and content-wise) is just great the way they are! Way to make good ones!

Edited by bioLarzen, 27 November 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#2 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,808 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Sent this to Admin 3
68f2a8.jpg

#3 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Thanks.

bio

#4 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Update: now the Video page won't even load the videos... Neither the "big one" nor the links in the lower bow. It keeps loading for eternity.

bio

#5 Admin 4

Admin 4

Practice Squad

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hi Bio,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to let us know the problems that you have been experiencing. We have received several similar notes and we are currently in discussions with the league to try and find a solution to these problems.

Most of the technical issues need the leagues assistance to solve, however, the aesthetic issues we will work to improve internally. Our practice for much of the season has been to upload the individual segments as we receive them, thus the delay in some instances. Moving forward, we will make sure to upload all of the segments from a show at the same time. I can understand how frustrating it must be to try and watch a show and realize there are missing segments. Along with that, we will chronologically date them so that they will appear in order. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Our research has shown that fans tend to prefer shorter videos on the Internet. That idea is why we pull out the 'featured' pieces from 1 Winning Drive and Ravens Report. We feel that by pulling out the featured content and eliminating the show 'wrapping' it gives the fans two options. They can either watch the show in its entirety or they can watch just the piece they want. From a fans perspective, would you rather watch the entire show or just the parts that we've pulled out?

Once again thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the content of our videos. We spend a lot of time trying to create entertaining and professional videos for our fans. With that said, your experience on the site deserves the same attention and we will work to improve that and make it as flawless as possible.

Best regards,
The Digital Media Team

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,205 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

the videos aren't working! i can view videos from other sites and youtube clips with no problems but not the one's at BR.com. what's the issue?

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#7 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,808 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

the videos aren't working! i can view videos from other sites and youtube clips with no problems but not the one's at BR.com. what's the issue?

~Mili

I passed along your issue Mili so hopefully you get an answer in the AM
68f2a8.jpg

#8 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for the replies. The Video page still doesn't work at all (no videos load), which is a bit sad knowing that's where I could watch the poist-.game presser live - but at least I know it's being worked on.

bio

#9 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Just to keep the feedback flow: the Video page displays the videos again, the text-links on the bottom half of the page work again - but the clicking on the thumbnails under the main video frame still doesn't load the videos.

bio

#10 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

Just dropped in to inform the site that I was contacted and the issue has been solved. It was an issue with my browser settings (accidental double installed ad blocking addon), not the website.

Thanks for the assistance.

bio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users