I guess we all enjoy the videos that are available at BR.com. However, the Videos page of the "new" layout (that's several months old by now) seems a bit chaotic. I experience both technical and conceptional issues. I thought I'de give it some time before mentioning it, but I guess f they weren't fixed in months then they aren't planned to be fixed in the first place.
Let's see what I man. First, the technical issues I've been experiencing (and here I only mention the ones I constantly encounter, every time I use the Videos page)
- I cannot start the videos from the thumbnails in the thumbnail banner, right under the main video. If I click on those, the video's page loads, but the video won't start;
- Pausing a video works weirdly. If I pause the video and then resume playback in a short while (like seconds), it all works fine. However, if I leave it paused too long and then try to resume playback, I find that the video is at its end and the counter for the start of the next video is on - like it kept playing "behind the scenes". Can be thoroughly annoying;
As for the conceptional issues:
- the videos seem to get uplaoaded in a random order. It's especially spectacular (and annoying) with the multi-segment ones, like One Winning Drive - where the segments are uploaded in random order ,and often not even one after the other, but totally unrelated videos between them. Like a bunch of videos got uploaded at once without sorting them. That makes the videos list look absolutely unorganized and messy. Sometimes the segments of the multi-segment videos aren't even uploaded the same time: the first two segments of this week's One Winning Drive, for example, got uplodaded not long ago, while the third and fourth parts have been up for about a day...
It's also annoying when freshly uploaded videos are instantly found at the third or fourth position, with older videos ahead of them. Makes looking for videos an unnecessary pain. For example, the post game pressers' links are never the first one when you go to the Video page right after the game ends.
- The "Behind the Bench" segments and the first two parts of One Winning Drive installments are virtually the same. I don't really see the reason for this duplication.
- I think removing the comment option from the videos wasn't a good decision. Although the vids usually drew much fewer comments, many of them none, but still, I don't see why having an option to leave comments for the vids had to go.
I use Win 7 , Chrome (v. 23.0.1271.64)
PS: Just to end on positive notes, however, the quality of the videos (both technically and content-wise) is just great the way they are! Way to make good ones!
Edited by bioLarzen, 27 November 2012 - 11:18 AM.