56 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Sunday's comeback win may have been the moment lethargy fell off unsatisfied Ravens fans.

View the full article

#2 Brianj52

Brianj52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

nice article

#3 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

It is so awesome to see so many Ravens fans at most every stadium around the country when the Ravens are in that town to play!! What a great fan base we have!! Great article, John!

#4 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

we shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. pees made a move to the booth and it has paid off thus far. why cant cameron do the same. as injured as our defense has been this season they are once again carrying this team because our offense struggles so much on the road. dropped passes, overthrown and underthrown passes and poor o-line blocking is not cams fault but he has been so inconsistent with his play calling for several years now that it cannot be ignored in the off season especially with the talent we have. go ravens!!

Edited by The Greek, 27 November 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#5 BmoreKing

BmoreKing

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

To be honest, after four seasons of putting everything you can into the season as a fan and almost making it every year is tough. After last season which most Ravens' fans thought was our year, it's just too hard to keep it going emotionally. I actually told myself at the beginning of this season not to kill yourself so much over the season this year. Going to the playoffs 5 straight years now is tiring.

#6 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

P.S. the Texans peaked too early. If we were to rematch, Ravens would win. Afc championship will be pats at baltimore. ;) our house this time mademeoiselle Brady.

#7 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

i hope we wear the all black outfits for the broncos game

#8 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

I was just thinking that we should wear all black for the Steelers game. Blackout in Baltimore!

#9 ChevVan75

ChevVan75

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Ray may not know it but his phrase is the same used by Lydell Mitchell from the 70's Baltimore Colts "Hey dittle dittle, Lydell up the middle"

I believe that was how it went.

#10 chevalier

chevalier

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

What people are afraid of is that unless we are the #1 seed, we won't have the offensive firepower to get the job done. We had enough turnovers last year in new england to win that game and we didn't score enough TDs. Thats what people are afraid of. THe SD game is one of many to put that into sharp relief. Thats why people are not going to be effusive when we score 55 at home, then go 8 quarters without an offensive TD on the road.

#11 10000 Watts

10000 Watts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Yes! Black jerseys this Sunday for Pittsburgh's funeral!! Go Ravens!!! :)

#12 illinoisravensfan

illinoisravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

I have to admit, I was disappointed when Coach Harbs called for another try at first down at 4th and 6 inches. The way the game was shaping up I thought points were at a premium and just go for the three points. But after watching his press conference on the game and him saying that he trusted the players and that it was better to try than not. I have to agree, GO RAVENS!

#13 YYZ66

YYZ66

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Ray may not know it but his phrase is the same used by Lydell Mitchell from the 70's Baltimore Colts "Hey dittle dittle, Lydell up the middle"

I believe that was how it went.

Exactly!
I was wondering if there were any other "Baltimore Colts" fans on here. :D

"Do you hear the sustain?"

"No, I don't hear anything."

"You would if it were playing."

#14 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

JOHN: This is where the media gets it wrong, IT'S NOT STYLE POINTS that we care about.

What we care about, is our QB getting sacked waiting for these deep routes to develop, or SAME OUT ROUTES to open up, while the Oline can't hold back guys for 10 seconds.

Because we constantly see the same passing routes, SO DOES THE DEFENSE, and they are adjusting by putting guys underneath and overtop, basically double covered, meanwhile the middle of the field is barren. Thus, Offense sputters unless Joe can fit into a tight window.

Now with that drag to Torre, slant to Boldin, deep middle to Pitta, we started to finally use the middle of the field, and buame UNPREDICTABLE!

That my friend, is all we are asking for. Some variety, mix it up, stop throwing the bomb at the opponents 40 yard line and punt, get the first down, get into field goal range, use a quick short passing game designed to get the ball out of Joes hand quicker if the line isn't holding up.

In other words, OC do your job!

#15 GyMan20

GyMan20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

The way I have been looking at the horrible offensive performances on the road this season is that last year we would have lost these games. So they are making at least some form of progress, even if it doesn't make the frustration any easier to bare... That and I drink a lot of beer. ={P>

#16 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

We are spoiled in some aspect, but we need Festivus Maximus this year. Nothing else is going to satisfy our fanbase anymore except ultimate victory.

#17 bmorebirdflu52

bmorebirdflu52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

come on KING really, Tired of going to the playoffs 5 straight years. WOW im so tired of fake fans, What u want kyle boiler back. Becarefull what you wish for, I guess NE fans are tired of going to the playoffs, There is 32 teams in the nfl. Its crazy to think we are gonna win SB every year(Even though i wish) Its crazy how these fake fans are bashing our team every week on here, its bad enough to always hear in media but from our so called fans. Go become an eagles fan. Better yet how about dolphins Kc, Browns, jac, or oak. be there fan we dont need you. We got one of the smallest markets but i though our fans were die hard fans, Guess not. So much crying and complaining. now your complaining we went to playoffs a lot, next time plz put that on another site not here. Not the ravens, We are a winning team. you want pretty watch lingerie league nfl isnt for you. Go ravens

#18 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,021 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Exactly!
I was wondering if there were any other "Baltimore Colts" fans on here. :D

all we need is some 'shake and bake ' and make Dolphin steak lol

I agree I think the fans expect success and we are getting a bit spoiled-- but I love it.
68f2a8.jpg

#19 btfan2

btfan2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

bmorebirdflu52 - we all apologize we had no idea YOU were the fan police!!!

John I don't think it's lethargy at all, I think it's exhaustion. Most of us are pretty fierce and committed. Every year we go on a roller coaster ride that just drains the heck out of us. I noted a comment on here that was familiar to my own thoughts.

Not to get so involved. It's been difficult to see our vaulted "D", struggle, you know no matter what we always had our "D", so it's been tough. We have never had a top 5 "O", so we deal, though heart wrenchingly.

Last year was hard on all of us including the team. Guess we needed to catch our breath. It's all good.

#20 Balmere Boy

Balmere Boy

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

The ravens have won close games, for sure, and that run Sunday ws amazing. But Ithink all of us are wondering what happens when they play really good teams? We saw one ugly example against Houston. The Steelers without Ben are just mediocre and we barely beat them. What happens whenwe play Peyton, or in the playoffs if we have to play Housaton, th packers, or even SF, who looks really way better than last year. Maybe we will rise up nd prove we're really a great team, but it seems doubtful. Hope I'm wrong.

PS-Whatever happened to wide receivers running back toward the qb when they are not open. That was the way all reveivers used to be taught. I notice fewer and fewer receivers do this anymore.They run their route, stop, look around to see where the ball is going instead of running back to help their scrambling qb. Bad idea. Come back towardthe qb and make a play out of nothing for Godssake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users