Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

[News] Late For Work 11/27: Conflicting Opinions On Ray Lewis' Nearing Return

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Ellerbe's injury most important. Ben going to try to play. Rice play declared best of season.

View the full article

#2 Joe Flacco is #1

Joe Flacco is #1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

I doubt that ben will play, I mean you take a 4 week or longer injury to his ribs that could of killed him if it moved the wrong way and bring him back early against Our D? Now that doesn't make any sense lol

#3 1 + 1 = 2

1 + 1 = 2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

it's already steeler week again. this is awesome.

#4 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

i never listen to Qadry

#5 Flockster

Flockster

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

I'm all for playing Ray when he is healthy. He is still a great leader. Use him as he is best suited for at this time in his career. Player/Coach. Accepting this role could allow him to play 2 more seasons as our defensive leader. His expertise will be invaluable to our young linebackers.

#6 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Ray is better than mclain or Ellerbe. Ellerbe is fast, and Mclain is tougher, But Both lack all of the skills that ray bring to the table.

we played 3 lousy teams, so yea "the D is playing Better" but when crunch times comes and Peyton or brady are Out there...... Ray brings it and its who i want, also he had another mini season bye and he came back strong last year, it was a toe. now his legs are fresh and he will prove ALL Doubters wrong....... AGAIN

Go Ravens!!

#7 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

I would take Brad Jackson's advice (SB Raven linebacker) over anything anyone from ESPN says about Ray(we all know how much ESPN has the best interest of the Ravens at heart, yeah right!). But....I think the decision will be made by Ray and the coaches, not the media anyway.

Elerbe is an awesome player, but AB was unreal Sunday. He was a big part of the OT come back win. Great job!

Charley, Ben.....Steelers still going to lose!

GO RAVENS!

#8 Yum Chickens

Yum Chickens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

If Ben plays and our pass rush is as good as it was Sunday he is in for some serious hurt. I'd actually feel bad for him that sounds like a horrible injury

#9 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

For once i would be surprised if they brought ben back . I don't see it happening

#10 dhartm2

dhartm2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'm sure the coaches know who gives us the best opportunity to win better than a bunch of commentators.

If the Steelers decide to bring Ben back with their line playing the way it is now, they would be very foolish. I don't see him being able to play well with his shoulder and ribs limiting his range of motion anyways.

And if he does come back, I wish him all the best......

#11 RaveninSC

RaveninSC

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

I dont't think they should rush Ray back. We r doing a good job without him right now. I think he should wait until the Cincy game to come back so he could get a game under his belt right before the playoffs and If we have that first round bye that would b even better for him. I can't wait to c # 52 back on that field but I want him to b back for the long playoff run when things really count.

#12 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

first off i say we hold on ray just cause our defense is gelling make him play the game after the steelers game

#13 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Ray is better than mclain or Ellerbe. Ellerbe is fast, and Mclain is tougher, But Both lack all of the skills that ray bring to the table.

we played 3 lousy teams, so yea "the D is playing Better" but when crunch times comes and Peyton or brady are Out there...... Ray brings it and its who i want, also he had another mini season bye and he came back strong last year, it was a toe. now his legs are fresh and he will prove ALL Doubters wrong....... AGAIN

Go Ravens!!

I get what you're saying, and I want Ray in there too. However, you cannot discount what the defense has done in the last few weeks. They've obviously progressed and have greatly improved. They haven't allowed a red zone TD in 4 weeks!! (I think...?)

Any time you can win 4 straight games in the NFL, allowing an avg of approx 15 pts a game in that stretch; no matter who you're playing, that's a VERY GOOD THING.

They have slowly but surely come together and played very good defense.

Yes, I want Ray back, but I'm sure glad this team has the heart to survive without him.

Next up: Steelers

SMASH THOSE CHUMPS!!!

#14 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

I don't know how Ben can go from having his throwing arm in a sling on one Sunday and be out on the field slinging the ball 50 yards down field the next. I think it is his anger at his team mates for their abysmal performance speaking. If he does go out there, I've said it before ... we need to throw the kitchen sink at him.

#15 Arch Valor

Arch Valor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Dont Rush Ray Lewis back, there's no need. Our Run defense is better without him, and more importantly why risk a catastrophic injury that could put him out of the game forever..

I can tell you, this would be one of the worst decisions in Franchise history if we rush him back, then he gets a career ending injury because we threw him back in there when it wasnt out of necessity

#16 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Singing U2....ben..we will win with or without u...ohhh with or without u. We WILL win with or without u!! Ravens will clinch playoffs at home against the Steelers. Doesn't get any better than that!

#17 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Unless you believe Ray's ability to perform dropped dramatically from last year to this - how can you not want him back? Look at Ray's play in the AFC Championship. Certainly not Ray of 2000, but a very positive force. With Ray being able to concentrate all his energy on a few games to end his season - I think he can really help us get to where we want to be.

Edited by balfan23, 27 November 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#18 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

we need to blitz the (bleep) out of them to scare Big Ben make him timid make him shake tremble and force a switch in qb like a boss

#19 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Ray is a once-in-a-million player that can and will never be replaced. With that said, please do not rush him back to the playing field. He obviously will not be here on the field for much longer and I want him healthy to go out the way he should, with another trip to the SB. These younger guys will need to play, as the future of our team and they are stepping up in a big way. I know Ray understands this as much as he and we want him back out there.

#20 Larryterri

Larryterri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Dont get me wrong, I love to watch Ray Lewis play, but our D has really, REALLY stepped up lately and I dont see what Lewis can do more on the field that he cant do from the sidelines. He was getting worked hard before he got hurt, if they put him back in, they need to get him real conditioned so he dont get gashed by the run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users