Untitled Document
Preseason Schedule      Official Mobile App      @Ravens on Twitter      on Instagram   

Photo

Turnovers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gtown Purple

Gtown Purple

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

One of the things that stood out to me over the last 2 close road wins was the fact that we did not have a giveaway in either one. We are also near the top of the league in overall turnover margin as well. We didn't have any takeaways in the SD game but the ones we got in the Steeler game were huge.

#2 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Our 21 takeaways led the AFC entering the Chargers game and we are still +12 in turnover differential. Our team is one of the best at converting redzone opportunities into TDs and THE BEST at limiting the same to our opponents. Add in the great special teams play and winning the field position battles more often than not and its a formula for success, regardless of the opinions of the talking heads, opposing fans, and some within this fanbase have of our team.

#3 Gtown Purple

Gtown Purple

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

difference between winning ugly and losing this year in my opinion.

Our 21 takeaways led the AFC entering the Chargers game and we are still +12 in turnover differential. Our team is one of the best at converting redzone opportunities into TDs and THE BEST at limiting the same to our opponents. Add in the great special teams play and winning the field position battles more often than not and its a formula for success, regardless of the opinions of the talking heads, opposing fans, and some within this fanbase have of our team.

#4 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

One of the things that stood out to me over the last 2 close road wins was the fact that we did not have a giveaway in either one. We are also near the top of the league in overall turnover margin as well. We didn't have any takeaways in the SD game but the ones we got in the Steeler game were huge.

I was surprised as i thought we would come away with at least 2 from Rivers but he had the pleasure of playing the game leading us so he did not try to force any balls in.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#5 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Rivers was extra specially careful you could see it. And he threw like 6 passes away which is unusual for him. He usually has the gunslinger make any throw mentality. I'm just happy we came away with a win like that Ray Rice is simply not human. And I have my doubts about whether Boldin is either! Machines!
<p>Posted Image
SIG COURTESY OF BALTIMOREFLACCO!

IT IS A CRIME RAY LEWIS HAS NOT BEEN BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

#6 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

It amazes me that we are doing so well in the turnover department when we lacked a pass rush (prior to suggs' return), we don't have our shutdown corner (webb) and Ed Reed is a shadow of his old self.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users