31 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,626 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

John Harbaugh watched tape over and over again Monday to confirm for himself.

View the full article

#2 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Harbaugh is doing the good coach thing here and not throwing Flacco under the bus for the audible on 4th and inches... but you can tell by his reaction that he was livid that Joe changed the play they had called to a run to the weak side.

#3 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

To hand the ball off two or three yds behind the line of scrimmage on 4th and inches was ridiculous. That was a terrible play call and I blame the coaches not the QB. The right call would have been a QB sneak just like 3rd down where we gained at least half a yd. Or just kick the field goal . We are terrible on running 3rd or 4th and very short yardage esp when Ray R is not the ball carrier!

#4 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

the spot was accurate it should have been though it took them nearly a half hour to figure it out

#5 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,316 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Absolutely unnecessary. Writing such a long article about it looks like it's trying to explain soething that deosn't need explanation: the refs did their job and made the decision. They were in the best possible position to do so, they were in the position to make the best decision.

Period.

But this loooong article... makes it look like the avens would have anything to explain. No, they (we) don't. he only xplanation left to do is from the chargers: where were their D guys during the run? ;)

bio

#6 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,316 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

And one more thing: I don't know if they had the spot correctly - but I don't care. What's important that they made the decision.

bio

#7 Forevermore20

Forevermore20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

his knee was down and his body was at least to the 44 yard line? Man, Ray rice = stretch armstrong huh?

#8 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Never was a doubt in my mind

#9 Crabcakes&Football

Crabcakes&Football

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Their fans should be pissed off, but they're directing it at the wrong place. The refs didn't miss all those tackles and let him convert a 4th and 29. I think it was a good call, Don't like it, then don't put it in the officials hands in the first place.

#10 PurplePlague52

PurplePlague52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Still cant get over why Flacco threw a check down when we needed 29 yards smh? If we didnt get that he would be taking so much heat now as he should be

#11 iBleed_Purple52

iBleed_Purple52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hits were clean !

Spot was rite !

But Coach needs to work on Short yardage situations IDC what anybody say this was a problem for this football team last season & it is still a problem ! Clean it up Harbs we tryna get to NO

#12 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Still cant get over why Flacco threw a check down when we needed 29 yards smh? If we didnt get that he would be taking so much heat now as he should be

Actually it was a smart choice, think about it, what has a better chance...a toss in the air "hail Mary style"....or Ray Rice in an open field out maneuvering defenders? Yeah, I would put my money on Rice any day. Either way it was a long shot.

#13 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Boldin block was huge i bet you that the dude that toke the hit is feeling it until now lol

#14 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Flacco call making turned my head and the reps and the line judge. That play threw everbody off, but it was a good call by the reps. Great call by Flacco the ELITE QUARTERBACK.

#15 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I disagree with the call Harbs made on the 4th down in the 3rd quarter. I really do. I think it was unnecessary to go for it at that juncture. Points on the board would have helped out confidence and if truth be told we would not need to go for that 4th and 29 prayer with Ray Rice in the first place... I think we would have won easier had that call not been made, especially with a rookie running back. Keep in mind, the Charger D line was getting plenty of penetration and had 5 sacks!

#16 Legendary Ravens

Legendary Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

All I know was that was thee longest booth review I've ever seen. Watching it Live was worse than a million commercials. The Official was talking upstairs for like 4 hours. Whooooo Hit was clean, Spot was Right... We Won!! Yes Indeed

#17 TheBigPurpleBird

TheBigPurpleBird

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

I was concerned they were going to call an illegal block on Q when I saw it live, but after watching it in slow mo, it was a good no call. He had his head on the front of the defender, and actually twisted sideways to try and avoid hitting Rice, he was more throwing his body in the way than anything else. That seriously was the best legal block I have ever seen in football. He came out of nowhere going full speed and put his body on the line all the while trying not to take out his RB. I actually like that play more than the scamper Rice had, without his effort to come back from a 9 route, Rice wouldn't have made the mark.

#18 mufasa

mufasa

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

knee down at the 35 and he can bend back far enough to hit the 44, AND get the first? And they say he is only 5' 8" lol. Typos, gotta love em

#19 DebiK

DebiK

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

I think, Ray could have get even more yards because he had another blocker in jacoby jones in front of him, so if he tries to go more to the sidelines, he might get much more yards... but maybe that would not work... thanks for this :) If I am coach I would also as Torrey Smith why he did not try to block the safety, because at the point of pass to Ray, Torrey was covered by Weddle, so he could help the case too, Anquan could try to block other 2 defenders who almost tackled Ray just before 1st down marker... It might help us more if Torrey would react better next time... This time it does not matter, we won... And by the way if anybody from Chargers says it should not have been 1st down I tell you this... It should have not been even close to 1st down, but your defense made it all wrong...

#20 DebiK

DebiK

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

btw musafa 5' 8" is almost 1.9yards, so from knee to above chest where ray did hold the ball is around 1.1-1.2 yards, therefore from 35 yard line it is possible that the spot would be well behind 34yard line which would be enough... But it really does not matter...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users