64 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

John Harbaugh expects the linebacker to return to game action next month.

View the full article

#2 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Go ahead and take your time coming back Ray. Just make it back in time to win the SB.

#3 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

We are progressing well without Ray. Fact. He is too slow and should stay on the sidelines. Call me cruel / whatever- but its the truth. Its time for many of you to take off those rose colored glasses. Does the front office have the kuhunas to keep him off the field. Probably not. You will be messing with a good thing while trying to please ONE. Keep Ray off of the field.

#4 Anguscr4p

Anguscr4p

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

We should let him recover, we might- okay, will, need him down the line. Also, I believe Ellerbe has established himself as the starter alongside Ray-Ray.

#5 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

"Noooooooooooooooo"! Not Yet Lol! But if Ray Like It, I Love It! The Ravens mite be Lock And "LOADED" for the Run!

#6 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

ray lewis is not the same player anymore and i see him as a backup at this point. ellerbe has been awesome and he has the speed that ray no longer has. i welcome him back because of his passion and knowledge but not as a starter.

#7 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Ray Lewis is too proud, if he felt like he was detrimental to our success he would remove himself. If he believes he can play so do I, and the best players will play.

#8 Blackbird11

Blackbird11

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Ray's the greatest ever. I love his determination and his flat-out will.

I'm convinced that there is nothing he can't do.

#9 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Honestly, we don't NEED ray, we are playing very well without him. I would love to see him back, but ellerbe and McClain have established themselves in his absence. These 2 will be starting next year, and if Ray comes back next year that could be a mistake, cause i think Ellerbe will move on. As long as he doesn't hurt us when he comes back, then i don't care, but our defense is really getting better....

#10 10000 Watts

10000 Watts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Ray led the team in tackles before the injury. He's Ray Lewis. If he's ready and wants to get back, possibly knock any rust off before the post-season, i'm all for it. The great Ray Lewis would never hurt his team. Trust him. Believe him. Go Ravens!!! :)

#11 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I believe in Ray Lewis. I think he will certainly help our team, when he's ready. IDk when that will be, but maybe the Cincy game would be a nice time to find out (12/30). He's gonna make some big plays and I honestly, don't think he's going to be a detriment to our RAVENS! We are playin' really well right now, but remember who we've played recently, S.D. (not the best team in the West, and Pitt. w/o Ben. Don't be fooled, we need a healthy Lewis on this team.

#12 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

I believe that Ray will be able to play but I feel like he shouldn't rush it the defense has stepped up in recent weeks it would be different if the Ravens were still bad but I just think he shouldn't rush it and risk his life after football

#13 Raven552

Raven552

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

He was like a tiger in a cage on that sideline yesterday, he WANTS back! I hope he doesn't rush it though, he needs to come back for the long haul..

#14 NorwayLovesRavens

NorwayLovesRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ray will come back rested and ready to rumble,

when Ray is ready to come back!!!

Two items I know for 100% certainty ...

1, I trust in God and
2, I trust in Ray Lewis!

#15 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

I love this new rule. This season has been a ride having to play long periods without some of our best players. I can't wait to see Ray, Ed and Sizzle back on the field together at the same time.

#16 RavenManiac20

RavenManiac20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Im sorry to say this but NO. As much as we all love Ray, lets face it, he is not better at this point in his career than McClain is. And he sure aint better than Ellerbe. Sure he has the wisdom and experience but look at our run defense since he went down. Top notch. Im sorry Ray, I still love you and you would make a great coach right now, but your dominating days are over. I hope you prove me wrong, trust me I do, but the defense has been great the past however many weeks. If the defense aint broke dont fix it.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 27 November 2012 - 06:22 AM.
Profanity

#17 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

A lot of yall trippin talking down on Ray Lewis. You can't blame the bad play of the D earlier this season on him imo. At least wait till he comes back and shows what he's got before downing him. I would never count #52 out of anything #Relentless

#18 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

He wants Peyton so bad he can taste it.

If he comes back it will be amazing.

#19 MoeRavens

MoeRavens

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

The run defense got better because Pees got his butt up in the booth.lol He need to sit Cam next to him. Maybe then he can see what is going on out there and call better plays. Heck It's worth a try.

#20 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Ray Lewis vs Peyton Manning would be a chess match utilizing Ray's knowledge gained from hours of study of his opponents.

Also, If Ray comes back in Week 15, we are looking at a 6-game schedule for his participation. With the time off to rest the remainder of his body, he could act like a closer in baseball, just fly around the field with abandon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users