Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Lewis Could Practice Thursday

66 posts in this topic

John Harbaugh expects the linebacker to return to game action next month.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Lewis-Could-Practice-Thursday/530ca128-c3e7-4388-9ae7-adb9f8b9e51d]View the full article[/url]

We are progressing well without Ray. Fact. He is too slow and should stay on the sidelines. Call me cruel / whatever- but its the truth. Its time for many of you to take off those rose colored glasses. Does the front office have the kuhunas to keep him off the field. Probably not. You will be messing with a good thing while trying to please ONE. Keep Ray off of the field.

We should let him recover, we might- okay, will, need him down the line. Also, I believe Ellerbe has established himself as the starter alongside Ray-Ray.

ray lewis is not the same player anymore and i see him as a backup at this point. ellerbe has been awesome and he has the speed that ray no longer has. i welcome him back because of his passion and knowledge but not as a starter.

Ray's the greatest ever. I love his determination and his flat-out will.

I'm convinced that there is nothing he can't do.

Honestly, we don't NEED ray, we are playing very well without him. I would love to see him back, but ellerbe and McClain have established themselves in his absence. These 2 will be starting next year, and if Ray comes back next year that could be a mistake, cause i think Ellerbe will move on. As long as he doesn't hurt us when he comes back, then i don't care, but our defense is really getting better....

Ray led the team in tackles before the injury. He's Ray Lewis. If he's ready and wants to get back, possibly knock any rust off before the post-season, i'm all for it. The great Ray Lewis would never hurt his team. Trust him. Believe him. Go Ravens!!! :)

I believe in Ray Lewis. I think he will certainly help our team, when he's ready. IDk when that will be, but maybe the Cincy game would be a nice time to find out (12/30). He's gonna make some big plays and I honestly, don't think he's going to be a detriment to our RAVENS! We are playin' really well right now, but remember who we've played recently, S.D. (not the best team in the West, and Pitt. w/o Ben. Don't be fooled, we need a healthy Lewis on this team.

I believe that Ray will be able to play but I feel like he shouldn't rush it the defense has stepped up in recent weeks it would be different if the Ravens were still bad but I just think he shouldn't rush it and risk his life after football

He was like a tiger in a cage on that sideline yesterday, he WANTS back! I hope he doesn't rush it though, he needs to come back for the long haul..

Ray will come back rested and ready to rumble,

when Ray is ready to come back!!!

Two items I know for 100% certainty ...

1, I trust in God and
2, I trust in Ray Lewis!

I love this new rule. This season has been a ride having to play long periods without some of our best players. I can't wait to see Ray, Ed and Sizzle back on the field together at the same time.

Im sorry to say this but NO. As much as we all love Ray, lets face it, he is not better at this point in his career than McClain is. And he sure aint better than Ellerbe. Sure he has the wisdom and experience but look at our run defense since he went down. Top notch. Im sorry Ray, I still love you and you would make a great coach right now, but your dominating days are over. I hope you prove me wrong, trust me I do, but the defense has been great the past however many weeks. If the defense aint broke dont fix it.

A lot of yall trippin talking down on Ray Lewis. You can't blame the bad play of the D earlier this season on him imo. At least wait till he comes back and shows what he's got before downing him. I would never count #52 out of anything #Relentless

He wants Peyton so bad he can taste it.

If he comes back it will be amazing.

The run defense got better because Pees got his butt up in the booth.lol He need to sit Cam next to him. Maybe then he can see what is going on out there and call better plays. Heck It's worth a try.

Ray Lewis vs Peyton Manning would be a chess match utilizing Ray's knowledge gained from hours of study of his opponents.

Also, If Ray comes back in Week 15, we are looking at a 6-game schedule for his participation. With the time off to rest the remainder of his body, he could act like a closer in baseball, just fly around the field with abandon.

If Ray isn't right and he pops it again his career could be over.
Come back and be the Field General when you are 100%. AND NOT A DAY SOONER

Take your time, Ray Ray. The D is actually stepping up with you out, and that is good - they needed to. Come January, you'll be fired up and ready to go for those 2 playoff home games before the Super Bowl.

No question Ray Lewis is a great leader but I believe Ray's playing days are coming to an end . As they say "time waits for no man" There comes a time when the mind says go and the body says no . It is just a fact of life. Ray Lewis has been able to cheat father time but it can't last for ever .

We have a team full of mutant war-machines, but that's just what we do. The Raven himself is almost back!!!

If Ray Lewis can play he will. That is all anyone needs to know. I expect him to be playing a game against the Broncos butting heads with his old nemesis Peyton Manning!

i dont think we should rush him back. theres no reason to. We've been playing solid d without him and the fresher he is in the long run the better we are as a team

[quote name='CQ1' timestamp='1353973346' post='1235212']
We are progressing well without Ray. Fact. He is too slow and should stay on the sidelines. Call me cruel / whatever- but its the truth. Its time for many of you to take off those rose colored glasses. Does the front office have the kuhunas to keep him off the field. Probably not. You will be messing with a good thing while trying to please ONE. Keep Ray off of the field.
[/quote]

Tell it like it is!If he does come back he shouldnt be a starter.Ellerbe deserves to be on the field.

All Admit that Ellerbe is good but for those saying Ray should be on the sidelines maybe you should say that about Mcclain hes done nothing at all since getting paid.

All this talk ray too slow hes gonna hurt our i belive he will make us better i mean who in the leauge has a d coodinator on the field our front 7 looks like they got it together wich will keep ray clean wht a great story to a special season first sizzle now ray and our team at 9-2 defying odds i smell champio!nship footbal in the air

Some of you could use some manners.
Ray's carried the side. Period.
He's entitled to play until he's 100 if he wants.

Go Ray and Go Ravens.

Any of you who think that he won't add to the team as a positive is cracked. I understand he's old and slower than he was. I understand that our 'next men up' have been performing admirably. I agree that we shouldn't rush him, because he may have a limited number of games where he can get himself into beast mode. But if you watched him last year after his 4 game layoff - especially in the AFC Championship game - he played great. I'd welcome that back ... anytime.

If it was most people I would say not to rush back and make sure your body has healed and is ready to return, but this is Ray Lewis we're talking about. He knows what's up.

@ravefan52, don't think so for an ACL / MCL ? Took LW a long time to get the other knee tip-top.

I may get a ton of negative arrows on this but I agree with CQ1 that it is time for Ray and for the Ravens to move on.The D is really starting to round into shape and it's incumbent for the coaching staff not to mess with it. Ellerbe, McClain, Kruger et al are functioning as a cohesive unit and don't have to worry about covering for an aging player. It's happened to all the great ones without exception.The key is to know when and how to bow out gracefully.He'll be 39 yrs. old next year and the last thing any Raven fan wants to see is the greatest Raven of all time embarrass himself or much worse,leave the field on a stretcher.He has nothing left to prove to anyone and most assuredly not to himself.The Hall of Fame and the Ring of Honor in the stadium awaits for the many generations that will come to admire and remember his accomplishments.

@n#7, your view's respectful of Ray but still cannot agree with it. The progress with the D is # of games played together, and also perhaps Coach Pees getting a bird's eye view from the booth. It seems awfully simplistic to attribute D woes in the first half of the season on Ray.

I love and respect ray to the fullest. I admire his drive but I would rather have him during the playoff run.His sideline presence is great but I don't want him to get out on the field and do any damage to himself.

I look at this as an extended bye week for Ray. A healthy, rested and fully charged Ray Lewis can only help our D. For those that think Ray will be a hinderance need to think again.

It's quite possible and more likely that our D will be even better upon his return. He's Ray Lewis for blank's sake !!!

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1353973121' post='1235203']
Go ahead and take your time coming back Ray. Just make it back in time to win the SB.
[/quote]

With the Ravens about to clinch the division by sweeping the injury-laden Steelers (knock on wood), they should be very cautious about his future workload. There'd be no point in returning him in Week 17 for a garbage win with the playoffs looming. The Ravens' front office must keep its eye on the ball: post-season success!

I'm getting really sick of seeing so called "Ravens fans" talk about Ray Lewis as if he's washed up. As if he ISN'T still an amazing player at 37 years old. I'm sorry, but sitting there and trying to say that the Ravens' D is "better without Ray on the field", is a slap in the face to the man who has BEEN this franchise for 16 years. We probably wouldn't have won a Super Bowl without Ray whipping that historic D into a frenzy. Our defense wouldn't have been as dominating as it has been over the years, without Ray Lewis out there leading the way.

And just a little fun fact for you Ray detractors: He was still leading the Ravens at 37 years old, even amidst our collective defensive woes, until he got hurt. In a little under 6 games played in 2012, he had 57 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass deflection, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery. He was all over the field as much as his aging body would let him be, and he was still playing with more passion and fire than most of the defense out there with him. I'm not sure you noticed, but the defense as a whole was sucking wind, it wasn't Ray. Our D-line was the worst suspect of all, as they weren't getting any push, Ngata included, and were leaving huge gaps for RBs to break through. The greatest LB on the planet is going to have trouble bringing down a RB running full steam after breaking through a gap. And I'm not sure if you noticed, but our first game WITHOUT Ray, and WITH Suggs back, we played even WORSE on defense.

So no, we haven't "played better with Ray gone". We've played better, period. And it probably has a lot to do with our D coordinator moving up to the box, because apparently he's no good at coaching his unit from the field, like Rex was. So I'm willing to bet, WHEN Ray comes back (something I didn't think I'd hear myself saying, because I thought he was done for the year), that he'll be more of a house of fire than ever, and like the rest of the D, playing much better overall. If you don't think Ray getting back on the field will have a positive result for our team, you really just don't understand Ray Lewis, the Baltimore Ravens, or football in general.

[quote name='Ravens_Flock' timestamp='1354018650' post='1235569']
I'm getting really sick of seeing so called "Ravens fans" talk about Ray Lewis as if he's washed up. As if he ISN'T still an amazing player at 37 years old. I'm sorry, but sitting there and trying to say that the Ravens' D is "better without Ray on the field", is a slap in the face to the man who has BEEN this franchise for 16 years. We probably wouldn't have won a Super Bowl without Ray whipping that historic D into a frenzy. Our defense wouldn't have been as dominating as it has been over the years, without Ray Lewis out there leading the way.

And just a little fun fact for you Ray detractors: He was still leading the Ravens at 37 years old, even amidst our collective defensive woes, until he got hurt. In a little under 6 games played in 2012, he had 57 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass deflection, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery. He was all over the field as much as his aging body would let him be, and he was still playing with more passion and fire than most of the defense out there with him. I'm not sure you noticed, but the defense as a whole was sucking wind, it wasn't Ray. Our D-line was the worst suspect of all, as they weren't getting any push, Ngata included, and were leaving huge gaps for RBs to break through. The greatest LB on the planet is going to have trouble bringing down a RB running full steam after breaking through a gap. And I'm not sure if you noticed, but our first game WITHOUT Ray, and WITH Suggs back, we played even WORSE on defense.

So no, we haven't "played better with Ray gone". We've played better, period. And it probably has a lot to do with our D coordinator moving up to the box, because apparently he's no good at coaching his unit from the field, like Rex was. So I'm willing to bet, WHEN Ray comes back (something I didn't think I'd hear myself saying, because I thought he was done for the year), that he'll be more of a house of fire than ever, and like the rest of the D, playing much better overall. If you don't think Ray getting back on the field will have a positive result for our team, you really just don't understand Ray Lewis, the Baltimore Ravens, or football in general.
[/quote]

The Ravens' defense will bloom as soon as Lewis returns. :ravensquote: And then all these trolls will crawl back to the hole where they came from... that or the Flacco-bashing, smh.

heres the plan,win sunday hopefully,cinny will lose to san diego and than we can save ray for the playoffs,and rest all the walking wounded.

[quote name='wise ole owl' timestamp='1354020284' post='1235579']
heres the plan,win sunday hopefully,cinny will lose to san diego and than we can save ray for the playoffs,and rest all the walking wounded.
[/quote]

I'd rather the Bengals beat the Chargers, which is likely. That way, the Steelers would lose their Wild Card and we wouldn't have to worry about Rothliesberger in the playoffs.