Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Art Jones Responds To Ed Reed's Challenge

30 posts in this topic

DE Art Jones notched the first two sacks of his three-year career in one game.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Art-Jones-Responds-To-Ed-Reeds-Challenge/f568caf9-1479-4f07-8856-1e4aeb54c7f0]View the full article[/url]

He was beasting during that game, no doubt. And, as Ed said, I'd love to see him do it from here on out.

It feels so good to see our younger players stepping up making big plays, couldn't have came at a better time. Keep the sacks coming Arthur!

Now that's some good veteran leadership. Awesome job by Jones, he was a dominant force in the middle yesterday. What Ed did is why it is so important to have guys like him and Ray to keep guys hungry and constantly improving.

Now lets start stacking good games together. We need him more then anything against the Steelers. We have to stay ahead of the patriots and the Broncos to keep home field.

thank you ray rice,tucker and smith you did a tremendous job - but come on why did they have to review the plays of ray rice and torry smith? - because smith clearly caught the ball and rice clearly had the first down but why in the world did they take so long reviewing rices run? - oh and that hurl that pierce did over the defender was flat out awesome

Jones went by Hadnot and Hadnot might as well HAD NOT been there. sorry, it had to be said

Great To See Arthur Jones getting sacks, can't come at a better time than now with the playoffs coming around!Keep up the Great Work Art Jones!!!!!!!!GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

way to get it done team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
defense was terrific, offense got started slow again, but got it done!

Heard John Harbaugh's post game interview.
Said he and the team have a strong belief in God, but some people don't want to hear that.
Well I for one am proud our team believes in God and lets everyone know it!
Good job Coach Harbaugh!

The defense is starting to bubble a little bit. By the time playoffs begin we should be boiling over!!!

Do it again Arthur! It was good to see you get that pressure on their offense. Now with you, Suggs, Upshaw and Kruger we should see some nice turnovers happen as well. Let's see some more sacks and fumbles. Can't wait for Sunday and the Steelers are going down for the count!

AJ, You were a pleasant surprise yesterday.
Keep getting stronger, working on technique, and studying film. Pretty soon they'll be saying, who is that guy?

Arthur Jones give him credit for saying he had been mediocre at best. He and Cody have been disappointing to say the least. Finally, had that break through game after Ed challenged him to step up. Ed needs to speak to Cody next and Jimmy when he gets back. Play Like A Raven, is not for the whimpy or faint of heart.

Art looked sharp. This is the time of year to turn it up a notch. If everyone does, we will wreak some havoc on our opponents.

Way 2 go Art !

I love Eds words to him & they said whos gonna lead this team on the field with out 52 ??? Ummmmmmm Eddy Reed Baby ! #20

Someone needs to talk to Flacco next and we should be good ,im seeing everyone get better at the right times ,looking ahead at the Texans they have no easy path as well NE 2 games against Indy ,if we can slip in that 1 spot in the playoff picture i see nobody beating us at home,and even on the Road really ,exception being the Texans but weather gets cold we play well compared to the Teams in the Playoff Hunt now,But we atleast need the 1 or 2 seed for comfort despite the fact nobody wants to see a Baltimore team in Mid/Late Dec

and correction i meant the texans in terms of the weather not be as effective if we had to play there,and we def want revenge from that last Game.

Good to see Jones respond to the challenge. We need someone opposite Ngata that can do some damage. Next, I think Reed needs to have this discussion with Cody. That guy was supposed to be our big run stopping clog in the middle and he's been non-existent. C'mon big guy!

everyone needs to take it to another level. its crunch time and we want the #1 seed. going to be tough for houston to lose 2 more games.

[quote name='DarkKnight52' timestamp='1353997994' post='1235495']
Someone needs to talk to Flacco next and we should be good ,im seeing everyone get better at the right times ,looking ahead at the Texans they have no easy path as well NE 2 games against Indy ,if we can slip in that 1 spot in the playoff picture i see nobody beating us at home,and even on the Road really ,exception being the Texans but weather gets cold we play well compared to the Teams in the Playoff Hunt now,But we atleast need the 1 or 2 seed for comfort despite the fact nobody wants to see a Baltimore team in Mid/Late Dec
[/quote]

I feel you on Flacco needing a serious challenge to improve. I actually thought this being the last year of his contract he would play better but that is not the case. He has flashes of a really good QB but there doesn’t seem to be any improvement from last year; he won't throw for 4000 yds this year either. The game ball given to him last game should have been given to the defense; they kept us in the game while he floundered.

If we can beat the Mannings at home, especially the Giants, I believe we will have what it takes to improve upon what we did last year. We HAVE to duplicate what we did last year, sweep the division and go undefeated at home, or I don’t see us achieving our goal this year. The changes to the D were almost insurmountable but 11 games into the season the D seems to be finding how it can dominate again. The O has been upgraded with exceptional weapons but the 2 main pieces (Cam and Flacco) have been performing mediocre. Even Rice’s numbers are down this year. The offense has to start performing consistently if we are going to compete with the other playoff teams. Only 4 of the 11 games played this year have been against opponents with winning records, Bungles, squeelers, NE and Houston. Beating 2 division leaders will be key to our ultimate success in achieving our goal.

Arthur Jones and Pernell McPhee are still developing their games!

For A.J. to have such success can only bolster his confidence in going up against marquee linemen!

Build on this and rumble, young man, rumble!

@ balfan23,this has been something I have waited for since he has been on the team,we've heard so much of how talented his family is I've been waiting for him to show it,he's one of those guys like Cody who has to learn how to take care of his body and also have to adjust to his body reconstruction after he gets use to his new body and makes the adjustments he should keep getting better. It stuck me as being strange that he took this long to learn that lesson being his brothers are world class athletes this performance will serve him well. PS: You're right some one has to talk to Cody ,but I think it should be Ozzie for the simple fact that at the beginning of the season he expressed his expect ions for Cody saying himself he expected big things from him,his conversation should start out like this, "What happened", Cody ?; and progress from there.!