Photo

[News] Poll: Rice Play Most Memorable Of Harbaugh Era?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,555 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Where does Ray Rice's fourth-down conversion run rank among the plays of the last five seasons.

View the full article

#2 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

that torrey smith TD in Pittsburg...

#3 757RavensFan

757RavensFan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Torrey Smith's game winning catch in Pittsburgh ranks higher in my opinion.

#4 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Yeah. Sorry Ray, that run was divine interventon, but this game wasn't anywhere near as charged as last year's Steelers game.

#5 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Torrey causing the Steelers to pee their pants

#6 Larryterri

Larryterri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Torrey's catch was #1, with Rice's play yesterday a close 2nd, Torrey's catch had me running around the neighborhood at midnight in my pajamas, thats something special...

Edited by Larryterri, 26 November 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#7 Valid1

Valid1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Rice's run was inspired, but Torrey's TD catch was for the game against Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. Could have only been better if it were the playoffs.

#8 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

The Torrey play only because there is no team i like beating more than those squeelers!

#9 luvrayrice27

luvrayrice27

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Rice saved the game!! Forget struggling to get yards previously, this 29 yard run was so critical! Love him

#10 Dilfer Rules

Dilfer Rules

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Gotta give props to the 83 Yard run against NE in the playoffs......Never have I seen a better start to ANY game...It was like a hay-maker right at the opening bell and NE never recovered....

#11 ravensdog86

ravensdog86

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Mike Smith on Numbers Never Lie said it best...

When Ray Rice goes into the HOF, after he's retired.. the 4th and 29 play will be in the first line of his Bio..
Longest 4th down conversion in NFL history,

The Best RB in the NFL, The New ERA Marshall Faulk

#12 jek81791

jek81791

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

right now the torrey smith td catch in pittsburgh is number i cheered pretty loud in my basement last night during that play but i have never jumped so high and cheered so loud in my life when torrey smith hauled that pass in

#13 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Because of where Torrey's catch took place, it may take the edge on Ray Rice's run yesterday. It's so close that I'm still deliberating.

#14 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

It is too early, so I don't know where I would rank this play. The only thing I regret, it is too damn bad I could not see it live!

#15 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

How many memorable plays can teams like Jacksonville, KC, SD, etc. boast over the last 4 years?

I rank all the plays listed in the article as "truly memorable"!

Edited by Peej, 26 November 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#16 chevalier

chevalier

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Its obviously Smith's TD because of who it was against, the meaning it had on the season standings, and the game situation. The play itself appears fairly routine in the sense that it was just a 26 yard TD pass but the MEANING of it was far more than the others, even though the Rice play yesterday was probably the most "Spectacular" of them all. so i guess the question needs to define whether we're talking spectactular or impactful.

#17 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm always a glass half full person but I have to say that the Evans drop is the most memorable play for me. Now, if we go to the SB in JH's era that will be erased and the 4th and 29 will be #1

#18 BmoreKing

BmoreKing

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

I'm gona have to say Ray Rice's run against NE in the playoffs. Yeah Smith's catch against the steelers was big and gave us the edge over them in the division but Ray's run was in the playoffs, where we were uderdogs and have never beaten the Pats before. The pitt game is really a toss-up between the two teams. That NE win changed our expectations as a team. We can beat any team, anywhere, from here on out. I remember where I was in all of these plays though.

#19 Ravens in The Dena

Ravens in The Dena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

TORREY SMITH TD IN THE BURGH.

#20 Ngata4President

Ngata4President

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Saw this game live, and that play was truly amazing. The whole year, I have been calling for the check down that I am so used to seeing from flacco and rice. And finally I was ifted with the check down. When you saw rice running it was happening so fast. It was pretty open when he got the ball, and there was no containment on the left side. All the charger fans saw it coming and that it was going to be a first down. When you saw rice plunge forward and spotting it with the marks, there was no question it was a first down. I was surprised at river's reaction. What was really weird was the ref ne went under the hood to examine it, all of it was from upstairs. And right before it came back from commercial break, he went into the hood for literary 10 seconds and then left to call it to be short. That's when Harbaugh requested it to be measured and when it was, bang, all of charger nation knew the end was near.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users