Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TreTheRaven

Fireman Ed Stepping Down...

13 posts in this topic

Sad day for any Jets fan. The man was fun to see on tv, and do wish him the best.

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/article/1156831--guest-column-fireman-ed-steps-away-but-not-as-fan

I can't believe other Jets fans would bash this man in the comments section of that post. What, because he used to root for another team before being a loyal Jets fan for nearly 4 decades? Because he decides to call out other Jets fans for their crass behavior?

Ridiculous. And sad.

I am not a fan of these so called Super fans, every fan represents in their own way.
Yes fan behavior can be really boorish and the man does not deserve to be heckled.

Jets fans are some of the cockiest people in the nfl (with the exception on Phillip Defranco) I don't know about another humble jets fan besides Ed

While I was never fond of him, I hope that people will stop bothering him now. He's been a Jets' season ticket holder longer than most Jets 'fans' have been alive. Plus, he did lots of volunteering with children.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1353917032' post='1234448']
While I was never fond of him, I hope that people will stop bothering him now. He's been a Jets' season ticket holder longer than most Jets 'fans' have been alive. Plus, he did lots of volunteering with children.
[/quote]
Well, the Jets just lost their only best fan which makes them even less of the less classless anyway....haha

*shakes head* I hope there are a few Jets "fans" who feel a twinge of guilt today for causing this, especially to a fan that has stuck by the team through thick and thin.

I wonder if any of our superfans know him?

He's been a Jets fan since he was 16 and people still hold the fact that he was a Dolphins fan over him?? Is everyone held accountable for their preferences at 16? I bet he's been a Jets fan longer than most of those commenters have been alive.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1353982896' post='1235375']
He's been a Jets fan since he was 16 and people still hold the fact that he was a Dolphins fan over him?? Is everyone held accountable for their preferences at 16? [b]I bet he's been a Jets fan longer than most of those commenters have been alive.
[/b][/quote]

That's for paraphrasing me, lol!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1354000934' post='1235511']
That's for paraphrasing me, lol!
[/quote]

lol I didn't even notice that, poe, +1 for you too