56 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Eisenberg offers 5 gameday thoughts, including refs’ controversial spot of Rice’s 30-yarder.

View the full article

#2 johnathanoverlea@yahoo.com

johnathanoverlea@yahoo.com

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Dean Pees is becoming a good coordinator at the right time. This Defense has really stepped up, like Ray said it would. Kruger is becoming one of my favorite pass rushers,and with Upshaw showing real promise you can believe that the Ravens Defensive legacy will continue.

#3 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

San Diego, don't blame the officials for the Ray Rice gain. Blame the Chargers defense for not stopping him the 28 yards before that.

#4 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,977 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Until the final minutes, this game was going to be about the Ravens' continuing offensive ineptitude and overall road woes. I'm sure fans were yelling at their televisions throughout Baltimore.

^ and this fan (me) in Chesapeake, VA was screaming at his laptop. lol!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 26 November 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#5 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

If I'm not mistaken, if we win next week and the Bengals lose, we win the AFC North. In Week 12.

#6 ravens533

ravens533

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

The offense may not have started clicking until the fourth quarter. BUT if you looked at the half time stats you would see that our offense was putting up some good stats even if no points. Their time of possesion was within 2 min. of the Chargers. The Ravens actually had more rushing yard and had just about the same amount of passing yards as the Chargers. So to say they didn't show up till the forth quarter is not quite correct. I hope that they start really clicking earlier in the next game but we can not honestly say that they weren't in the game until the fourth quarter. The offense was on the field as much as the Chargers, this allowed our defense the rest they needed between positions. I am sure that if the defense had not gotten that rest then Rivers would have been able to get to them. This game was a win by all the players all game long. Good job Ravens.

#7 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Dont get me wrong I'm glad we won and dont feel the least bit guilty....but to say the Chargers expected to lose cause they have no confidence is a bit harsh dont ya think? Thats the same type of ignorant rhetoric thats been spewed about the Ravens all year. I saw two evenly matched teams play their butts off...not prophecy. Anyhow, great rally, great team effort, great win!! Bring on them Steelers!

Edited by a 31fan, 26 November 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#8 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

We somehow have destiny on our side this year. We aren't great on any one facet with perhaps the exception of special teams which has been exceptional. Flacco is tepid under pressure. Teams seem to have figured out Flacco in my opinion. Frazzle him on the first few downs and chances are he will be out of rhythm much of the remaining game... except today was different late in the game! He came out and played well enough for us to win!

Ray Rice is a complete football player, perhaps one of the best at his position and he proved just that with one incredible run which will be replayed endlessly on most networks this week!!! Deservedly so too! It was miraculous and I am being humble. Torrey Smith made Flacco look good later on in the game and helped pad his numbers. He had one run after the catch that added 50 yards to Flacco's passing numbers!

All in all, I can only surmise that this year it seems like we figure out a way to win ugly, in most games we play. But, that is okay since we sit pretty right now! Go Ravens!

#9 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

I want people to think that Flacco played good enough to win in the 2nd half. He was kinda rattled and, as I said here yesterday, he gets wild with the Overthrows, usually early. He responded with 'Bullet-Like' precision on nearly 4 drives or more in the 2nd half, time after time. Give him some credit and he managed/called a great game when he needed to. I'm so very proud of Joe and am as happy for him and Ray for his run, too, along with our receivers. Team effort on offense and team effort on defense is what earned us the win! Be happy RAVENS fans, you deserve it after, like me, being so nervous for about an hour tonight! sheesh, can we win any other way, huh?

#10 Fe Caprino

Fe Caprino

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Hey, give coach Pees some credit!
It looks like all he needed was some time to find the right players/call/scheme combination. And it sure looks like it is happening right now.
I still think they play a little bit too much off the receiver in the passing game, but sure is working!

#11 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

It could because we don't have the easiest schedule for the rest of the year, but I don't like all this talk about us locking up the division and he #2 seed already. Once we put 2 more wins under our belt then we're cool, but we still need to knock these teams off one at a time.

#12 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

It was a rough start but Pees is doing well with what is a depleted defensive unit. We give up a lot of yards and 3rd down conversions, but it doesn't matter because we're the leagues best red zone defense and 2nd in turnover ratio.

#13 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

I love my team!

#14 BEACHBOY

BEACHBOY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

There's been some talk around the NFL that they may allow corporate logos to appear on team's uniforms as a future revenue stream, much like professional soccer, NASCAR, etc. If they do, look for Prilosec to sponsor the Ravens! Better get used to seeing Tums and Pepto-Bismol on their jerseys. Its hard to argue with the results, but the way they get there sometimes is hard to stomach. The Bengals travel to San Diego next week to face these same Chargers. Should they loose and we take cae of business at home versus Pittsburgh, the Ravens clinch the Division by virtue of holding tie breakers over both teams ( head to head/Division record). In terms of their implications, this coming game and the Broncos game are shaping up as the two most important regular season games remaining on the schedule.

#15 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

I'm surprised how BAL won. I expected our D to score the winning TD, what with Rivers' turnover complex and Matthews' bumbling fumbles. Instead, our offense pulled off a last-minute red-zone drive with a 4th and 29! I forsee great things for our offense!

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#16 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

once again kudos to dean pees and the defense and once again i give the offense an "F". the o-line is bad. 3rd and 4th and inches and they get pushed back. lucky win but i will take it. no excuse for the offense to be struggling the way they have with the weapons on this team. sandiego gave us the middle of the field yet we throw once or twice to pitta in the middle and where is dickson? our te's should have dominated this game yet they were not used properly.

Edited by The Greek, 26 November 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#17 FloridalovesRavens

FloridalovesRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

30 for 51 and 300 yards...what else do you want? Sure, we could have done some damage in the first half but we didn't so get over it. This is the way we won and frankly who cares, WE WON. Go Ravens.

#18 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

we need to win games we hold the tie breaker over the patriots. the denver game is a must win and I know we can do it . Joe turned the corner yesterday I feel it and I know we can do this. and the no named defense? ............no eisenberg THE BALTIIMORE RAVENS DEFENSE!! and proud of it

#19 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

There's been some talk around the NFL that they may allow corporate logos to appear on team's uniforms as a future revenue stream, much like professional soccer, NASCAR, etc. If they do, look for Prilosec to sponsor the Ravens! Better get used to seeing Tums and Pepto-Bismol on their jerseys...

Good one!

#20 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

30 for 51 and 300 yards...what else do you want? Sure, we could have done some damage in the first half but we didn't so get over it. This is the way we won and frankly who cares, WE WON. Go Ravens.

...not to mention four dropped passes by open receivers in the 1st half.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users