Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Defensive Sack Party Keeps Ravens In Game

46 posts in this topic

The Ravens had a season-high six sacks in Sunday’s win over the Chargers.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Defensive-Sack-Party-Keeps-Ravens-In-Game/f10d665b-b5cf-49d1-b902-e4430f5ee5be]View the full article[/url]

The six sacks were great! How about at least five passes that were thrown away in order to avoid a sack? All around great effort by the DLine and LBs.

Great team win, all the way around. Ray Rice, wow ! The more that his run sinks in the more I realize just how incredible it was. Wow !

If we win the SB that will be the moment I will look back upon more than any. Freeaking amazing !

Relentless Freakin Relentless!!

Under 100 rushing yds!! That's What's Up!! Under 200 passing yds!! Impressive!!

I'm starting to feel some defensive intensity and confidence!! We're getting our idenity and mojo back!!

This defense is strange to me. it may give up runs give up passes but if they survive the third quarter you gets nothing. nada no-thing zippo for a D. that suppose to be ranked 25 th After the last four games they do not look like a twenty-fifth ranked defense to me. Top ten for sure.Sacks oh those sacks six I think. All I could do was shake my head with a big big smile on my face.As far as wins and loses this might be the best winning team we have ever had since having a winning record right or wrong?

That was our best defensive effort so far this year. Everyone played well. Cary Williams should play press coverage in 2nd and 3rd downs at least. He made a great play in OT, as did several others. We gave them 3 with that Pollard PF, but he played great as well.

GO RAVENS

like i said before the D is playing lights out in the 2nd half of the season, pees has done a great job with this young D, all we need right know is the offense to play a 4 quarter games.

ill always be biased for syracuse players being my hometown, but art jones has really been showing his worth with mcphee out, pollard said it himself, hes been one of the hardest workers on that d-line helpin this D snap out of its first half funk.

i was really happy to see this we just have to be sure to resign our good young players next year... krugar ellerbe and williams... need them back

Maziak315, I'm from Syracuse as well. Where did you go to high school?
Great game by the Ravens. The defense is heating up, finally getting to the QB. Great team win.

For mine, Brendon Ayanbedejo deserved the game ball. Stops over the middle and in special teams were all crucial for such a narrow win.

Man... talk about someone who got a major headache in that game..... hats off to dean pees them boys.... thank you cof showing up these last few games... but raven nation.... cam Cameron And our offense have todo better ... my heart can't take how this offense plays week to week

Raven nation .... road to the Superbowl

It was nice to see an opposing QB on the ground on several occasions yesterday. And the fact that we kept the passing and rushing yards to a minimum against a stout offense, out D seems to definitely be getting back to form.

[quote name='Ravenk3n' timestamp='1353936065' post='1234516']
Our defense won't be ranked 25th after this week.
[/quote]

But sadly they won't jump a lot in the rankings. It takes a long time to climb out of the hole they dug. It's like the Patriots defense last year. They started out badly then really picked it up later in the season and through the playoffs, but all anyone could talk about was how low their defense was rated. No one looked at their recent performance.

Let's keep this up with the next bunch of quarterbacks on the dockett. I don't want to give RG3 the luxury of thinking he can beat us at Fedex Field.

With Paul Kruger getting better and better as a pass rusher and Suggs getting back to 100% there is a lot of hope on both sides of the line.

After I been looking for our defense all year, the last 3 games has been the defense that all Ravens fans are use to seeing. Keep it up fellas

This 6 sack performance was almost lost in the inefficacy of the offense. Let's give credit where credit is due. All hail the defense.

Hey all what do you think will happen to Jimmy Smith after the solid play by Graham and Brown? Do you think it will probably be best to start teaching Jimmy the Safety position.
It will be hard for him to beat out all those other if you judged them by performance on the field. If Cary keeps getting better with our #1 cb coming back, I see Jimmy at probably the 4th CB! What do you guys think will happen? The reason I asked this question is Ed Reed body seems like it's going to shutdown earlier than he may think. Somebody is going to have to step up because our other safeties left are not cover safeties just hard hitters!

[quote name='Jerkbaby15' timestamp='1353940579' post='1234578']
Hey all what do you think will happen to Jimmy Smith after the solid play by Graham and Brown? Do you think it will probably be best to start teaching Jimmy the Safety position.
[/quote]
Jimmy at safety? Although he has not yet lived up to expectations, he still has lots of talent. Maybe competion is just what Smith needs. His size (6'-2") is part of the reason he was drafted as can reach with the taller WR's.

Safety? Maybe later in his career.

I have to credit that win to the defense, they kept us in that game to put us in a position to tie it up, then made TWO series of stops in overtime to put us in a position to win the game. When you hold Rivers on the road for almost 75 minutes of game time to just 13 points, you have to credit them with the win.

A couple of weeks ago I really doubted our defense, but the way they played the last few weeks, my faith has been restored.

13 points in 5 quarters against a potent offense playing at home. No question the best defensive effort of the season to date. They have been frustrating at times, but there are a lot of new parts in a lot of new places and it is taking time to gel. Hopefully, we can continue to build on this.

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1353946355' post='1234687']
I have to credit that win to the defense, they kept us in that game to put us in a position to tie it up, then made TWO series of stops in overtime to put us in a position to win the game. When you hold Rivers on the road for almost 75 minutes of game time to just 13 points, you have to credit them with the win.

A couple of weeks ago I really doubted our defense, but the way they played the last few weeks, my faith has been restored.
[/quote]

Not only this win, but you have to credit the defense for most of the 9 wins, maybe not so much the Cincy or Raiders games, but they are what has kept games close all season when our offense stalls and sometimes a pick or pick 6 has been the deciding factor of several games.

While everyone was lamenting playing against Jared Johnson, Paul Kruger had a "Apprentice bests Master" game! He out-shined his former mentor-by-example in pressure and play!

Plus, make no mistake, Dean Pees has the Defense buying into his scheme which is obvious by his key adjustments working Magnificently during games!

It's safe to say it's "PEES' DEE"!

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1353947840' post='1234714']
13 points in 5 quarters against a potent offense playing at home. No question the best defensive effort of the season to date. They have been frustrating at times, but there are a lot of new parts in a lot of new places and it is taking time to gel. Hopefully, we can continue to build on this.
[/quote]
The change in the production of the defense coincides with Pees moving up into the booth. He said he has done both. Obviously, being upstairs is working wonders.

Better late than never. Keep on improving D and let's march into the playoffs strong!

[quote name='slowboater' timestamp='1353955331' post='1234853']
The change in the production of the defense coincides with Pees moving up into the booth. He said he has done both. Obviously, being upstairs is working wonders.

Better late than never. Keep on improving D and let's march into the playoffs strong!
[/quote]
I was wondering if other people also think a considerable part of the improvement is becuase he's now in the booth and can see the situation better

the defense has been steadily improving I'm so happy they got pressure though I can see the Ravens creep into the top 10 defenses by the end of the season