Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Justin Tucker Building Clutch Reputation

40 posts in this topic

The rookie kicker drilled a game-winning field goal in overtime to take down the Chargers.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Justin-Tucker-Building-Clutch-Reputation-/09b7c96d-a944-483c-aa36-2069aaca53ac]View the full article[/url]

no doubt hes clutch. i knew it was good to pick him. you knew what to expect with cundiff. if you let go of tucker, you might be taking a risk of letting go of someone who could be a pro bowler.

This kid is already a pro-bowler....not that that particular game means anything. But he defines the word clutch, without a doubt. Excellent pick, couldnt be happier after a dismal 3 quarters of play in SD.

The bar for Kickers is much higher than it has ever been. Justin has us well over that bar. We have a great chance to win the close ones with him. Today was proof.

Tucker, Torrey, Rice, and Pitta are CLUTCH! Cam Cameron is a mo-ron the way he passed up on a short FG to run the ball up the middle on 4th and 1. Especially when we had already been stopped twice on 3rd and 1 running up the middle. Have these coaches ever heard of a play action pass when they stack the box and commit to stopping the run???

There was also the clock management before the half where we wanted to go for it. San Diego wouldn't have called a timeout if we actually subbed our punt team in. Then we could have called a timeout when we wanted to. But even with 11 seconds left in the half and 1 timeout, why not take a shot to get in field goal range? If you go deep, you run the clock for at least 8 seconds, and that wouldn't be enough time for the Chargers to complete a pass and get into field goal range.

The other poorly managed situation was at the end of the 4th where we went conservative running rice up the middle, instead of taking a shot or two in the endzone. Good thing our D stepped up and we made some plays in OT.

Ray Rice toughness heart and determination gave us a chance on 4th and 29,wow,unheard of isn't it.Flacco drove us down the field when needed,due too clutch catches and Justin Tucker finished the game off with clutch kicking.Ravens WIN A TIGHT 1! Good night!

If tucker doesn't make the probowl there is something very wrong with the system .

Guys if ya appreciate this win, show some love and don't forget to vote for our guys for the Pro Bowl(although they will hopefully be at the SB) but it is a great honor for the players nonetheless.

Vote and vote often!

I've never been more at ease watchin a kicker line up then with this guy. For a rookie to come in after the Cundiff debacle, outshine him in training camp, outshine him in pre-season (perfect on-side kick) and all but perfect throughout the season...absolutely amazing job!

Great win. I think Harbaugh at times simply wants to win the games more than let them develope. I think he made the right call to go for it on that 4th, but...maybe Flacco should have tried to dive for it once more, he only needed a 1/2 yard or less. The long to develope hand-off was ill fated right away and a bad choice, I agree with someone earlier. I'm glad that Harbs has the gumption to want to win and he made a lot of decisions with management of the game down the stretch that gave us a lift. Yes, that FG would have been nice, but we always play better when we're up against the wall. And lastly, Joe was spot-on for most of the last quarter. We punted a few times, but he was very steady and made a lot of great throws, incl. that one that Tandon Doss caught above the shorter defender. Give Joe credit too!

I'm starting not to worry when the game is on the line and we have to depend on his leg. It seems like regardless of the distance, this kid is money!!! I can't say it enough, keeping him over Cundiff was probably one of the best coaching moves of the season!!!

I look forward to him declining his Pro Bowl invitation to prepare for the Super Bowl!

"... that makes my job pretty dang easy.%u201D -J. Tucker

Love the quote & keep it up! Glad you are a Raven!!

Cundiff never got that memo! Hahaaaa! :-)

We got Tucker, Justin time! :-)
It's like having Matt Stover again, in his prime!
Tory Smith, Boldin, Doss and the list goes on and on.
We have a great team guys and a ton on impact players. I think our coaches are getting the feel for the talent we have and are using them well.
This season just keeps getting better and better with each win.
GO RAVENS!!!

This guy has ice in his veins. I hope we keep Tucker for years to come. Billy who?

I love this guy! Giving props to the snapper and the holder while saying he does it for the team and the people. I hope he is around for a long long time! (Stover Jr.)

I was watching his warmup routine on the sideline earlier in the year. He's totally locked in to the task of making the kick. Yesterday, he made sure that the ball was placed properly just before he executed the kick. Just think, if we had him last year in New England, then we might be the champions right now.

As a guy who just knew we had something special when J.T. out-kicked Billy C (and his contract) I am still in awe at his maturity and cool in the "Big Show" called the NFL.

His 53 yard longest may not be his limit!

Shucks, 57 yards may well be JUSTIN-RANGE" !!!

At this point, keeping Justin seems like it was a no-brainer, but if you think back to when the decision was made, you have to realize it wasn't a no-brainer at all. It took some guts from the organization to make that choice and it is paying off.

Another often overlooked aspect of this is Cox - Koch. The team clearly has great confidence in them. I was fully expecting us to kick the last one on 3rd down to protect against a bad snap/hold, but the team opted to run clock instead and kick on 4th. Team, team team!