61 replies to this topic

#1 bmore187

bmore187

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

On the 4th n 29 play, Q was a good 40-45yds down the field and instead of giving up when a hail mary wasn't attempted he comes flying back 20-25yds towards the ball and absolutely ANNIHILATES Weddle on a crushing block, which springs Rice for about 5-7 extra yds for the first down instead of being tackled short and ending the game!!!! THATS A FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!

Juan Castillo.....Michael Huff.........Gino Gradkowski......Michael Oher

RAVENS THAT MUST GO ^^^

#2 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,869 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Wile I can and do agree 100%
This was a complete TEAM victory.

That block was sick and took TWO players out of the play.

Not for that block. Game over.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#3 PSG_Mud

PSG_Mud

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

You could say that about alot of the clutch plays.

But, imho we almost lost because Harbs thought it would be a good idea to go for it on 4th with pierce when it was 3-10. Ranks up there in the Harbs dun goofed standings.

#4 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,185 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, it exemplified Boldin as a player in one single play. THAT was Anquan Boldin!
Posted Image

#5 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,773 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

But, imho we almost lost because Harbs thought it would be a good idea to go for it on 4th with pierce when it was 3-10. Ranks up there in the Harbs dun goofed standings.

John doesnt have a lot of those.
Yes, killer block on Q's part

#6 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

It was a good idea but our wonderful offensive line also thought it'd be a good idea to just let Antwan Barnes and Co. come on inside and wipe their feet while they were at it. Totally legit call, I would have done the same and everyone in the thread before the play happened wanted us to go for it. Our guys didn't pull it off, but the play call was legit. Period.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#7 ROH522155

ROH522155

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

It was a good idea but our wonderful offensive line also thought it'd be a good idea to just let Antwan Barnes and Co. come on inside and wipe their feet while they were at it. Totally legit call, I would have done the same and everyone in the thread before the play happened wanted us to go for it. Our guys didn't pull it off, but the play call was legit. Period.

I agree it was a good decision to go for it but it should've been a qb sneak! That gets the job done 9 times outta 10.
Posted Image
"Victory now, Ravens forever"

#8 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,764 posts

why is there a need to try and give 1 specific player credit for a win? the defense got the needed stops. it was a great block by Boldin but Ray did the running. Joe was making some great throws. Pitta and Doss make big catches. and Torrey made a hell of a catch on the sidelines. and then Tucker kicked the game winner. all parts of a team working together!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 25 November 2012 - 09:39 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#9 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,116 posts

It's easy for us to sit back and criticize it after the game, but in the heat of that moment, there's no right or wrong answer as to whether you go for it in that situation.

In the context of the game, if you go for it and succeed, you extend the drive. If you fail, you still have plenty of time left in the game to come back. If you kick it and miss, it's a moot point. If you kick it and score, the team still has to drive down the field and score again.

Posted Image

#10 PSG_Mud

PSG_Mud

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

It's easy for us to sit back and criticize it after the game, but in the heat of that moment, there's no right or wrong answer as to whether you go for it in that situation.

In the context of the game, if you go for it and succeed, you extend the drive. If you fail, you still have plenty of time left in the game to come back. If you kick it and miss, it's a moot point. If you kick it and score, the team still has to drive down the field and score again.

I don't think so, it was going to be a low scoring game, if you couldn't tell by 3rd quarter. Not taking the field goal was a strech... a far one. Not, that it really mattered though, if the game was an important one(like a steelers championship game), I guarantee Harbs would of not approved of that play.

We went into overtime because of Harbs, could of just won it legit.

Edited by PSG_Mud, 25 November 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#11 ROH522155

ROH522155

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

I don't think so, it was going to be a low scoring game, if you couldn't tell by 3rd quarter. Not taking the field goal was a strech... a far one. Not, that it really mattered though, if the game was an important one(like a steelers championship game), I guarantee Harbs would of not approved of that play.

We went into overtime because of Harbs, could of just won it legit.

It was not a stretch...We had built up momentum on that drive and only needed to pick up a few inches. There was still plenty of game left and settling for another field goal there would have sucked. If only we could have converted...
Posted Image
"Victory now, Ravens forever"

#12 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

I agree it was a good decision to go for it but it should've been a qb sneak! That gets the job done 9 times outta 10.

That's what it looked like to me. I thought Pierce was just there for an extra option, and Joe audibled it.

#13 NgataForPresident

NgataForPresident

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

On the 4th n 29 play, Q was a good 40-45yds down the field and instead of giving up when a hail mary wasn't attempted he comes flying back 20-25yds towards the ball and absolutely ANNIHILATES Weddle on a crushing block, which springs Rice for about 5-7 extra yds for the first down instead of being tackled short and ending the game!!!! THATS A FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!

Agreed! See attached evidence I created:

Posted Image

#14 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,209 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

He also leveled a guy on his first catch (by the sidelines).

#15 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Q was a big part of it but it was certainly a team effort. the d did a heck of a job keeping our O in the game, ray with his effort and Q on the block, Tuck with his clutch kicking, joe made some great throws in the 2nd half, and Torrey with the superb catch to set up the GW.
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#16 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Boldin is a Beast! He epitomizes what Playing Like A Raven is!

#17 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

That was amazing. He knocked the guy a yard or two off and off his feet, and would have kept going if there wasn't a guy behind him.

#18 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

TOTAL TEAM win here. Joe, Rice, Tucker, The Defense, Boldin, Pitta, etc were huuuuge! The only unit I wouldn't praise is the Oline.

Of all our punts, I think there were 4-5 drives that were multiple plays -as in stringing them along but our oline giving up massive pressure and sacks.

Either way, great TEAM win.

#GetFlaccoHelpIn2014

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#19 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

We didn't win because of Q's play alone, but what a heads up clutch play. He needs to remain a Raven until he retires. True warrior.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#20 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,585 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

That was an absolutely beautiful play. Rice out ran literally half of the Chargers defense, and then Boldin's awesome block got Rice the few extra yards needed for the first down. Unbelievable play.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users