Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Game Recap: Ravens at Chargers

123 posts in this topic

Baltimore refused to quit in a 16-13 come-from-behind overtime win.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Game-Recap-Ravens-at-Chargers/ff288e82-9120-4abb-a813-e52ee52a68d1]View the full article[/url]

This was one of the most incredible Ravens wins of all time needing a miracle on 4th and 29 on the last drive and winning it with a minute left in OT, on the road out west to boot.

The players all played with a lot of heart today. Too many big plays to mention.

All I can say is we're 9-2. Not sure how we are, but, it feels good. Good comeback today.

Cam made a great call. He suckered them all deep. When Ray cut across I thought we had a chance. WOW. Anquan Boldin finished the job with the block. Incredible play by our team.

I just wish the offense woukd play like it did in the 4th quarter and in overtime for the whole game. Other than that the defense played great. I knew the troubles in the beginning had alot to do with Suggs being gone. It goes un noticed how good he is at setting the edge and squeezing down the line on run plays. 9-2. Oh and Shrimp Fried Rice is a beast.

I know this goes un noticed too... but everyone will point at the Ray Rice play on 4th and 29 to convert or even point out Boldins great block to get him the last few yards for the first down. But the play before Flacco was sacked, and it will be un noticed but what about the hustle by Michael Oher to chase down the sack strip before the Chargers around him got it. If he didnt hustle to get that ball the Ray Rice miracle never happens.

The o-line really came together in the 4th which is what really turned our offense around. I still believe we should have KO and Jah Reid switch positions. Oher KO Birk Yanda Reid is what I believe gives us a great o-line.

Wow Barnes really hates us for letting him go. Every game he plays against us is his best, but we still won!

I was surprised to hear that Boldin played QB in college. With the way he hits, I would have expected safety.

1st off: Thx to the D for their incredible play these last couple weeks. W/O them; idk where we'd be. 2ndly...thx to Q for the HUGE block that saved the game. And to R.R. for making one of the biggest plays I've ever seen! 3rdly...to Justin freaking Tucker for his clutch leg! To the ENTIRE team for not giving up. Man, that win was MASSIVELY IMPORTANT. Now let's smash tue Steelers into Oblivion next week!!!!

[i]Great win today especially with the Steelers loss. Rice's run was unbelievable. Turner must want to blow his brains out. [/i]

Here's a math problem for all you Ravens Fans:

4th and 29 Ray Rice's 31 yd reception= Player of the Game!!!

Check any dictionary that can be found at the Castle...look under the letter Q and try to find the word "quit". There is a hole where the word used to be!

The Ravens continue to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. What an effort from Ray Rice. Coupled with the Steeler's loss this was a huge win. Still Harbaugh and the offensive coachs have to be a little concerned, 1 offensive TD in 9 quarters.That's not going to make it against the Broncos and Giants, and maybe against the Steelers.

In addition to Rice, there were 2 other people who stepped up in the remaining minutes of the 4th quarter and overtime. First, Torrey Smith(again) with a huge 31 yard reception on our last drive in overtime. Second, our entire defense stepped and pressured Rivers throughout the whole game with(I think it was) 5 sacks(1 sack per Raven).

The o-line really came together in the 4th which is what really turned our offense around. I still believe we should have KO and Jah Reid switch positions. Oher KO Birk Yanda Reid is what I believe gives us a great o-line.

That was a [heck] of a game. Cant wait to see the locker room speech, Behind the Bench (especially after 4 & 29) videos.

Wish Justin Tucker was a Raven year ago!!!

Amazing game today. It's frustrating to watch our offense fall asleep in the middle of the game as always, but as long as we're winning, I'm happy. Excellent defense today as well.

Just one comment to Cam: Stop running that jumbo 4th and 1 play that we always do. Whenever McKinnie comes out and Vonta gets into that run stance, I cringe a little but. It's way too predictable.

I never been more proud to be a Raven, 4th and 29 has nothing to do with Talent but all heart. We had more heart than the Chargers and we wanted it more! Bottom line game over.

Last year we would of lost that game!

I'm not sure whats going on with our offense but you know what, a week ago I witness Matt Ryan throw 5ints with no TD's. Joe doesn't have bad games he has bad halfs, but he figure it out eventually.

The defense is finally where we need it to be wtg jones . I loved the kruger sack . I screamed at joe for three quaters but wow over 300 yards we are coming together and I am loving it .

Gut Check Game for sure..

So confused watching this Game.

Nothing on offense for first 6 possessions, 6 Straight Punts... Such Predictable Play calling either 3 Straight runs or or 2 Runs and a long Predictable Passing down.. or 3 straight passes... all too Predictable.
And what's with having Pierce in on 4th and 1 and clutch down and distance, over Ray Rice the Best Back in the League.. Thank god he was in for the 4th and 29 otherwise we would've been done if it was Pierce.. He's a bruiser up the gut type stop trying to run sweeps and pitches with him.

Thankfully they went to the NO HUDDLE, and we actually started moving the ball to the tune a of 3 minute drive and TD...

Defense was amazing holding SD to 13, and coming up with 6 Sacks I think...
and stopping the run on clutch plays..
But once again Play calling was confusing...
I mean there was a point when the team was picking up a sack it seamed like at least once a SD possession.. then late third going going into the 4th when they ate up nearly 8 minutes off the clock in that long long drive.. I don't know if everybody was just gassed or if peas had them sit in mostly zones and play the pass lanes.. but Rivers obviously completed some 3rd downs he shouldn't have..

Oh anybody else feel weird seeing JJ in that Jersey, He played like a beast
but he belongs in purple and black

Ray Rice I am completly speechless about your effort on that play...dont even know what to say

And Tucker, if only we had you last year :/