Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ratedr

Possible flex game?

26 posts in this topic

Does anyone else think that there's a chance that the week 14 match @Washington will be flexed to SNF? The scheduled game right now is Detroit/Green Bay, but with Detroit sitting at 4-7, I'm not sure that's an attractive matchup for NBC.

I hope it's not because I hate night games, but every other game that week is a stinker, so it think it's a huge possibility.

I hope not. When we have a late game, I end up doing nothing the rest of the day. At any rate, it will depend on how Washington looks next week. If win and the rest of the division loses, then it puts them back in the playoff race, if not then their season is officially in the toilet.

That game won't get flexed if the Lions-Packers game holds playoff implications; though the Ravens-Redskins match could be an attractive one, divisional battles historically get better ratings than interconference matches.

Unless the Redskins are suddenly #1 in the NFC East prior to Week 14, Lions-Packers will stay put or another game might get flexed instead.

I wish they flexed Cowboys-Eagles out of next Sunday's slot. Not even worth showing it on SNF.

I don't know about Wash-Bal being flexed, but Giants-Ravens makes a strong case to get flexed. The night game is San Diego-Jets, plus there really isn't a more interesting game that week that even compares to it

[quote name='ravensfan2424' timestamp='1353903451' post='1234256']
I don't know about Wash-Bal being flexed, but Giants-Ravens makes a strong case to get flexed. The night game is San Diego-Jets, plus there really isn't a more interesting game that week that even compares to it
[/quote]
i was actually about to post the same thing.

[/quote]

That game I can see getting flexed, as well as Ravens-Broncos.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1353897752' post='1234095']
I wish they flexed Cowboys-Eagles out of next Sunday's slot. Not even worth showing it on SNF.
[/quote]
Romoception vs Vick(dies of laughter)

Can they flex a game from Sunday to Monday? That's the only chance I see of Ravens-Broncos being flexed. That Sunday night match-up of San Fran-New England is too good

The Ravens already said they will not flex any games this season.
I didn't now they had any say in it, but I did read it somewhere.

[quote name='ravensfan2424' timestamp='1353978128' post='1235299']
Can they flex a game from Sunday to Monday?
[/quote]

I am 93% sure they can not do that.

If Wash was in first in their division, absolutely..

But why would any NFL Official wanna put our putrid offense on SNF if they don't have to?!

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1353984898' post='1235409']
If Wash was in first in their division, absolutely..

But why would any NFL Official wanna put our putrid offense on SNF if they don't have to?!
[/quote]I dunno, 9-2 might have something to do with it.

[quote name='steeler hater' timestamp='1353985347' post='1235417']
I dunno, 9-2 might have something to do with it.
[/quote]

Yeah but we would be playing a team without a winning record.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1353985995' post='1235428']
Yeah but we would be playing a team without a winning record.
[/quote]wasn't his point.

[/quote]I dont think FOX will let NBC flex that Giants Ravens game that day on the 23rd. There are some bad matchups that night all the way across the board and FOX will want to protect that game for sure and not let it get away you gotta believe. I could definitely see the Steelers and Bengals getting flexed that night. While it's a good game I dont think CBS would totally block this game and I could definitely see it getting flexed since wildcard playoff implications will definitely be at stake in this game. One thing is for certain some game is going to be flexed that night because there is no way in hell NBC will keep the Chargers and Jets on Sunday night that week. These two games with the Giants Ravens and Steelers Bengals are definitely leading canidates for certain looking at the schedule that week in the NFL...

[quote name='ravensfan2424' timestamp='1353978128' post='1235299']
Can they flex a game from Sunday to Monday? That's the only chance I see of Ravens-Broncos being flexed. That Sunday night match-up of San Fran-New England is too good
[/quote]
They can't. Think of it legistically, travel arrangements and all. The reason for NYG baltimore flex would be because NY is on Bus. But because teams fly (as well as fans) it's hard for them to make the trip when it's a days difference. They ususaly don't flex games.

CBS protected this weeks game and Fox protected the Giants game so that leaves the Denver game, but I think they can only move that one to 4 since the Ravens have been on primetime 5 times

It can't be next week, need 12 days notice. I hope nothing gets flexed, I hate night games.

I'm pretty sure they can only flex a 1:00 game to a 4:30 game. Those TNF, SNF and MNF games are locked in far in advance. Lots of $$$ in ad revenue to mess with those.

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1354383265' post='1239585']
It can't be next week, need 12 days notice. I hope nothing gets flexed, I hate night games.
[/quote]quoted for truth lol It was not awful in September to have night games but December is brutal.

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1354383265' post='1239585']
[/quote]quoted for truth lol It was not awful in September to have night games but December is brutal.

[quote name='poescrows' timestamp='1354384537' post='1239604']
I'm pretty sure they can only flex a 1:00 game to a 4:30 game. Those TNF, SNF and MNF games are locked in far in advance. Lots of $$$ in ad revenue to mess with those.
[/quote]

Thursday and Monday Night games are locked in stone, but the last seven Sunday Night Football games, as well as all afternoon games during those weeks are eligible for flex scheduling. In 2008, the Ravens-Redskins game was flexed to primetime on Sunday night, after originally being scheduled to play during the afternoon, and the Patriots-Seahawks game that was originally scheduled to be play that Sunday night was flexed to earlier in the afternoon. I'm sure it's happened again since then, but that's the last time it's happened to the Ravens, if I remember correctly.

I know some people don't like it, but I'd personally love for the Denver game to get shifted into the primetime slot. It looks like it's going to be a head-to-head matchup for a first round bye, it involved Peyton Manning who is always must-see in December, and if the reports are true that Ray Lewis might be returning for that game, what other game that week would you honestly rather see? I definitely feel a lot better about it being a home game, where a primetime road game would be tough. That being said, I do have a hard time thinking the NFL would really give us four home primetime games in one season. So, we'll see.

I wish they would flex it to 4.
It's a lot nicer cracking a beer during tailgate at 11A as opposed to 8A. ;)