70 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,574 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

After all that talk about a tectonic shift from defense to offense, things are still the same.

View the full article

#2 zackattack410

zackattack410

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

"That illustrates how much the Ravens are scrambling on defense, plugging holes in the dyke. Yet the unit is going in the right direction, palpably improving, almost starting to look like its old self. The Ravens are ranked first in the league in red zone defense and tied for second in turnover ratio. Only eight teams have allowed more points."

John, you're usually spot on, but this is not correct. It should say, "Only 7 teams have allowed less points."

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Red zone defense, turnover ratio, etc that's the definition of bend but don't break. Who cares if we don't get sacks and give up 150 on the ground? all we need to do is score more points and that's what we do.

Edited by BloodRaven, 24 November 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#4 poescrows

poescrows

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

"........Did I leave anything out?"

Yes, Cam needs to get more creative and when his game plan gets snuffed, he needs a Plan B.

#5 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

And, everything will continue to be the same until the Ravens become Joe Flacco's team! "The Sun Rises and Sets" on brady, brees, hamburger, manning's, etc! Im just sayin! When the game is on the line, its Joe Flacco that saves the day! But, in a game everybody wants to see the running game including Moi but, Its Joe that "NEEDS" to run this Squad! I would LOVE to see Joe get the Squad PUMPED before a Game! That would be "Priceless"!

#6 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

W0W, two statements sums up the state of our 2012 "Hard-Ballers":

1. "Of the 18 guys who played on that side of the ball against Pittsburgh, 12 entered the league either as undrafted free agents or lower-round draft picks,..."

A huge testament to the wizardry of OZ & FO and of our coaches! We're not where we want to be, of course, but we're younger and hungrier!

2. "...the offense has five Pro Bowlers in the huddle, yet it remains stuck in a frustrating cycle of soaring at home and crashing on the road."

Lay this at the feet of an inconsistent philosophy where we've been a run-oriented team that now tries to fly with the elite passing teams! This inconsistency is Cam's for terrible game plans and not adjusting during games and to Harbs for not reigning him in!

Yes, we win at home but we don't always dominate at home! Some games could have gone the other way!

So, I agree with this article and I say the defense is struggling because they're young and injured! The offense needs to get rid of Cam and get an identity!

#7 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

I defend every member of this team stand by them thick and thin.I'm almost always postivie even after a loss. But Joe flacco needs to step up play on the road like he plays at home. Your elite then act like it hard to defend anything anyone says anymore . But i still love my team .

#8 wmarkel

wmarkel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

I don't think anything will change until Cam gets on the stick or is removed.

#9 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

I defend every member of this team stand by them thick and thin.I'm almost always postivie even after a loss. But Joe flacco needs to step up play on the road like he plays at home. Your elite then act like it hard to defend anything anyone says anymore . But i still love my team .

I agree to a point Joe needs to execute better on the road but if you pay attention you can always tell when joe is calling his own plays ...the play calling has allot to do with it . and its horrible on the road. the super bowl is a road game so we need to figure it out fast .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#10 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

It seems that something always goes awry when the Ravens offense goes on the road. Either the pass protection falters or the receivers can't get separation or the run-pass balance gets out of whack or quarterback Joe Flacco can't throw strikes. Sunday night, the running game got stuffed and Flacco looked rattled, either throwing short of the sticks or way past them on third downs, short-circuiting possessions. After all that talk about a tectonic shift, things are still the same.

^^ i'm so sick of all of these excuses that are constantly being made over and over and over again for the same old inept and pathetic road performance by this offense! fix this crap! smh!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 24 November 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#11 Macadamia

Macadamia

Veteran

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

And LaMarr Woodley, is still a tool.

#12 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

For the Record the offense was at its best when Ramon was in at LG .. The run game was at its best as well.

#13 RavensBaltimore

RavensBaltimore

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Dean Pees was struggling in the beginning of the year, and the defense has had all the new players and injuries the article mentions. It took him about half a season to get it together, make adjustments, and put the defense in a position to be successful. Meanwhile, Cam has been here 4 1/2 years, has a healthy offense loaded with probowlers, and it's still inconsistent and underachieving. The plays are predictable and easy to defend, the offense has trouble staying in rhythm, and necessary in game adjustments are not made. The whole situation with Cam is just pathetic. He is the Ravens' biggest obstacle in getting to the Super Bowl. It's not the Steelers, it's not the Patriots, it's Cam Cameron.

#14 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

I didnt read the entire article.I hope hes not trying to say the defense is the reason were winning games this year just because of one game where we faced a Roethlisbergerless steelers team though...

#15 NeilfromBarbados

NeilfromBarbados

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

This is another unnecessary article. Anyone who's half a Ravens fan knows all of the stats and analysis on this page. Every person on the field of every Ravens-Steelers game comes out with the word "extra" tattooed on the inside of their eyeballs. This is the game where you got to give extra everything. This was the Steelers. Our offense was not going to sneak up on them with tricks and 50 yard downfield bombs. They study us more than any other team in the league, and we do the same to them. They know that they have to stop Rice from running the ball. No run, no play action passes. We are both so physical with each other, the game is usually not exciting - just a defensive smack-in-the-mouth game. We should now pack our O and D for SD, 'cause they ate us last year. We have momentum, so hopefully, we play them tough, and get ready for when Pittsburgh comes to our house next week.

#16 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

The continued road woes are still very much an issue. The coaches HAVE TO (have to have to) get that under wraps and find a way to get this team to perform on the road. It's likely that we will have a road game in the playoffs.

For now - win ugly, I don't care. We're 8-2 and we've only looked really good twice (Bengals and Raiders).

The Ravens are almost unbeatable at home - but this road issue is a serious one. The offense must step up on the road. The defense looked good in Pitt, but don't be fooled. They will shape up somewhere around the middle of the NFL pack, but that should be enough for the offensive talent.

#17 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Flacco can get us that Super Bowl. All he has to do is manage the games well just like he did in Pittsburgh. He knew taking a sack on 3rd and 2 was the safe play and took that over hitting an open receiver in Ed Dickson for a first down... that to me tells me he is playing smart.... as long as he doesn't try to do too much and give away inopportune interceptions, we are going to be fine.

#18 ravenmaniac4life

ravenmaniac4life

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Great observations, John. One of the most frustrating things to me about last weeks Steeler
game was the number of times that, on 3rd and 7-10, Flacco would throw a 4-5 yard pass. Only once was Rice able to pivot and pick up the 1st down. Then, on 3rd and 2, he'd launch a 40-yard incomplete pass down the sideline. I don't know if it's Flacco"s choice or Cam Cameron's play call, but making better play choices on 3rd down to keep the chains moving, will be critical in this game. If you can get ahead of the Chargers, Rivers will be more likely to make "mistakes" in the passing game.

#19 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

The Steelers game in Pittsburgh is one that the Ravens might have lost last year, but did not do so. Why? ZERO turnovers and ZERO short fields!

We can criticize Flacco for his road play but look at what happened: Steelers were undercutting every route toward the sidelines and overloading the middle. They, like a Number 1 defense made an adjustment...but still the Ravens won the game.

Don't forget, last year, the Ravens were a stripped pass and missed FG from the SB in a game in which the offense played like it was a home game!

#20 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

i know that this has been discussed before but I'd love to have us come alive on offense and run up the score.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users