32 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,091 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

The San Diego Chargers inflicted a 34-14 beating on Baltimore last year.

View the full article

#2 mearzunkies

mearzunkies

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Go Ravens!! Go get the W and revenge last season by eliminating them from the race!!

#3 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

All we've read and seen are comments on how we're going in there and put a smack-down on a good but under performing team!

It's about time somebody wrote a "reality check" that we have "laid an egg" against these guys before!

So, before we do all the 'Rah-Rah' can we score with a ball control offense and pressure Rivers on defense to victory?

#4 ravenmaniac4life

ravenmaniac4life

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Philip Rivers is definitely the key to this game. When he's on, he's an elite QB, but, if the D can get into his head, he can be mistake-prone. The D line has got to pressure him into mistakes early. If they can manage to pressure him into making a couple of bad choices, they can establish dominance and take control of the game. Otherwise, Flacco will need the road game of his life if they have to outscore the Chargers. Either way, it won't be a typical 8-2 vs 4-6 type of game. If Flacco was 80% of the QB on the road as he is at home, this game wouldn't be a problem, but that's not the reality of the situation.

Let's go, Ravens. If we can escape with a win, we can virtually lock up the division, at home. against the Squellers next week.

#5 RavenoutWest

RavenoutWest

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Balance the books Ravens!!...TIME TO RISE!!

#6 Legendary Ravens

Legendary Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

I remember it very well because I saw it Live and it was my first LIVE RAVEN Game ever so I will always remember it like a bad prom date. BUT it is what it is, and I'm hitting the road in 3 hours to do it all over again and we are going to win this game this time, No Doubt about it. See you on the 5 Fwy! Go Ravens!

#7 Bigdrew812

Bigdrew812

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

This game is gonna lie in two places, first off our d-line putting pressure on Rivers, which we seem to have been lacking all year. And then its gonna be on Joe hes gotta get out of this road slump. I dont care if you are playing the chargers or the Northern Vikings if the offense cant score, you have a really good chance of losing. I think this can be Joes turning point, when a team is down keep em down stomp em into the ground. Take complete control of the AFC NORTH!

#8 TheBigPurpleBird

TheBigPurpleBird

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

@Legendary That is harsh for that to be your first game. My first game ever was opening day last year @ M&T against my most hated team. Best game ever, I still have it recorded and have watched it almost 20 times since then. I want to make a highlight reel of that game and run it as a loop continuously. This game is going to be a challenge, regardless of what everyone is predicting. If our players don't step up, then its going to be bad. I have lost so many fingernails this year, every single game is TOO close, (cept the raiders). Our schedule on the back stretch is vicious as well. My wife is worried about my health this season. One positive going into this is that the suspension is lifted against Reed. He hasn't been as lethal as he has in years past, but our secondary needs every bit of leadership we can muster. Honestly, the game rides on our secondary's play more than anything else. Cheer loud while you are there, it makes a difference!

#9 bmorebirdflu52

bmorebirdflu52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

"Last year%u2019s game in Houston was neck-and-neck through the first quarter, but the Chargers methodically pulled away from there." did anyone else notice he said houston was.... but the chargers lol typo

#10 descent into the maelstrom

descent into the maelstrom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

That was my first (and so far only) road game. I had never seen us pummeled like that. I still had a good time at the game - could not believe how much of the stadium was purple. There was even a loud "O" during the national anthem. Hopefully, we'll be ready this time. I'm always perplexed that otherwise mediocre to bad teams do very well against us when we're at their places.

#11 Larryterri

Larryterri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I sure hope we win out, cause Denver is sneaking up, and Peyton looks real good with a creamy schedule. Dont worry about pretty, just bank W's...

#12 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

so what if the Ravens remember that loss ...unfortunately, i remember that loss! smh! the question is; "what are they going to do about it on Sunday?"

~Mili

#13 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Discharge them so that they will have no charge left! Go Ravens!

#14 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Militant X 1
so what if the Ravens remember that loss ...unfortunately, i remember that loss! smh! the question is; "what are they going to do about it on Sunday?"

~Mili

I was literally about to say the same thing lol.What are you gonna do about it ravens!?!?!?

#15 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I am very curious to see what Jim Caldwell would bring to the O-Coordinator slot!

I just hate the anger and pain of what it would take to make that happen - another playoff heart-breaker! That we don't need!

So, please understand me when I say if, tomorrow, the Chargers make good with another butt-whuppin like last year's and it forces a change in OC, I can handle that!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 24 November 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#16 Thunderous Heart

Thunderous Heart

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

It's like McClain said, these are all top notch athletes regardless of the way we may interpret their records and other such. First and foremost, these players are all professionals. Game plan for this team the same way as any other team, and be ready for some hard-nosed, physical football. I wanna see a good game on Sunday!

#17 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,039 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

When I saw this game again on our schedule, I said I want revenge. I will be so happy if we can get it tomorrow.

#18 iBleed_Purple52

iBleed_Purple52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Lets get this thang rollin you guys ...

Our future is in our own hands we win the games we are supposed to win , things will be looking mighty fine for us ...

#19 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

I remember it like it was yesterday. that was a ugly ugly game. I really hate to talk about that game but can not forget it. But this is a new year and the shoe should be on the other foot. Everybody is playing fairly so I pick my boys from Baltimore to pull this game out.Hows with me?

#20 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think our cb are better this year carry have a litlle improve our at least make some ints thas is good and i like that kid johnson i think is his name that toke smith place

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users