25 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

My opinions on the Newsy type stuff that matters to me here(Disclaimer, No I am not Phillip Defranco). Aka, I wanted to talk about our problems here (Once again disclaimer, I am going to bring up several problems, not just one topic about Flacco, or Rice, or Cam or any of that crap. I am just goin to roll it up all into one!)

Weekly Problems (I am goin to call it problems, even if it just stands out, to me, everything is a problem, but it can either be a good or bad problem):

1. The Texans Bullcrap call that won them the game
I had to wake up at 8 on break to watch a fb game (SMH time zone) but the entire game was crap.... Not just that call. The HB's knee was down, and bc of a stupid rule that Godell made, they didn't review it bc he threw the challenge flag. This IMHO is the dumbest rule in the NFL, if a coach (who is obligated to follow the rules/regulations/policies) is stupid enough to use a potential Time Out to review a play as a challenge, even though they will review anyway, then let the coaches be stupid. If anything, I think that there should be a penalty bc the coach broke a rule, but the officials shoud review the play anyway. Make the rule so that way it is technically a lost challenge and basically a lost time out. The Texans BS win makes them the clear cut favorites to win the AFC.... I hate the NFL sometimes. That call was just as bad as Intertouchdownception

2. The San Diego Superchargers play us this week
(Newsception). This game is being black out in the So cal reigon ( :229031_rofl: )
I laugh bc I live in Nocal and will still get to see the game (you know, bc the Raiders really, really suck)
3. Dennis Pitta to play this week after he passed his concussion test.
Excellent news, now my backup for Jimmy Grahm is fully healthy ;). Anyway, Pitta right now is the best target on the team. Boldin cannot get seperation, and Torrey is being double covered. If anything, we need to move Jacoby to a starter (He has not had a drop yet). Put Boldin in the slot and run more 3 WR sets. Or utilize the TE's over the middle, as a LB is goin to have a real hard time covering Pitta or dickson. Boldin in the slot is near impossible to stop.

4. The Fire Cam part of the thread that will eventually get brought up anyway.
Cam at home is good, why does he suck on the road? I would blame it on the fog in san fran, but he hasnt played here yet. I am going to make a refrence to my all time favorite movie the matrix
Cam Cameron @ home= Neo in the matrix.... He teaches Joe Well and he executes and is "the 1"
Cam Cameron away= Unplugged Morpheus who is utterly useless

5. Dean Pees progress in the booth
He seems to have improved, part of that is the return of Sizzle and Ngata, another part is the booth, and that Ray gets to help out. Ever since Dean moved to the booth, we have looked like a top ten D again. I hope he keeps it up, now is deciding to be more risky with the play calling

6. The Prediction for this weeks game
The Chargers are a really crappy team.. With Gaither out, Mr. Can be better than Tomlinson and Rivers being turnover machines, and with a D that consists of five players capable of playing in the NFL, we should put them to shame.... But it is gonna be closer than we think bc Cam is an idiot. We still win tho

W-45- 42 Ravens with Tucker making the game winner.

Thats all good people! Vote me down if you hate it, and Remember
Your better off now than you were four weeks ago (literally, in Regarding the Ravens)
Banned

#2 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

1. I agree for the most part. Intertouchdownception was due to a failure of the refs, and yesterday's debacle was an institutional failure. That is to say, the ref did his job exactly as the rule states. The failure was on the part of the writer of the rule.

2. I also lol'd when I found out that we get to see the game on television, but the Chargers' fans don't.

3. Agreed. Jacoby has been great in the limited play time that he has gotten. I think Rice might be suffering a bit from being on the field on nearly every down. Maybe if he got a bit of rest every once in a while it might get the rest of the offense more snaps, and keep him fresh.

4. I would hesitate to call Cam good at home. I'd say he's decent, and that the offense makes him look better than he is. On the road, he is simply abominable, and the offense isn't good enough to cover it up.

5. This week will be the real test. The Browns and the Steelers weren't exactly the cream of the crop in terms of offensive power.

6. They have the eighth best defense in the league, and I think they'll keep a pretty good handle on our offense for most of the game. Their offense is less impressive. Without Gaither, I see our defense getting the pressure necessary to keep Rivers off balance.
My guess is 24 -27, Ravens.

#3 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

I think Cam has some good plays, but the knowing when to call them part, and the making mid game adjustments part, fails our team on the road especially. I honestly think Cam calls plays like a girly girl. You have a smash mouth fullback, a smash mouth receiver in Boldin, yet when it's 3rd and 2, he gets clueless. Jamal Lewis would probably be pass blocking in Cams Offense.

Edited by Gashman, 23 November 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

I think Cam has some good plays, but the knowing when to call them part, and the making mid game adjustments part, fails our team on the road especially. I honestly think Cam calls plays like a girly girl. You have a smash mouth fullback, a smash mouth receiver in Boldin, yet when it's 3rd and 2, he gets clueless. Jamal Lewis would probably be pass blocking in Cams Offense.

I agree.... But conservative offense is a bad offense.
Banned

#5 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Vince Lombardi would like to have a word.

I meant in this era. And Bart Starr > Flacco, or most QBs anyway.
Let me change it
An offense that is too conservative is a bad offense
Banned

#6 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,776 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I like the name of the thread, sounds like a good blog name you could use if you did this every week.

#7 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Posted Image

#8 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Your 6th point has me a tad bit confused.

You claim Cam "is an idiot", which I don't necessarily disagree with at times, and that he is gonna make the game closer than it is supposed to be with his playcalling. Yet, you project that we're gonna drop 45 on them anyway? 45 on the road is a good output no matter who you play and no matter the circumstances.

Something just doesn't add up here...

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#9 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Posted Image

Brilliant!!!!!!!

I like the name of the thread, sounds like a good blog name you could use if you did this every week.

That blog would be nsfw so I would try on here....

Your 6th point has me a tad bit confused.

You claim Cam "is an idiot", which I don't necessarily disagree with at times, and that he is gonna make the game closer than it is supposed to be with his playcalling. Yet, you project that we're gonna drop 45 on them anyway? 45 on the road is a good output no matter who you play and no matter the circumstances.

Something just doesn't add up here...

Rivers has a tendency to turn the ball over. We either capitalize on those or Ed takes em back for some of them
Banned

#10 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Rivers has a tendency to turn the ball over. We either capitalize on those or Ed takes em back for some of them

45 points is 45 points, no matter how you cut it. Even if we do force some turnovers, there's no shame in scoring points on a short field. What I'm saying is in the unlikely event the game ends in the score you predict it will, I'll be much, MUCH more disappointed in the D allowing this many points.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#11 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Posted Image

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Flacco's audible makes CAM briliant, cam is stubborn and he always says "he will call the same play until they stop them", he's not creative guy, that's y we need caldwell as an OC or Hue jackson back from raiders.

#13 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,313 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

6. The Prediction for this weeks game
The Chargers are a really crappy team.. With Gaither out, Mr. Can be better than Tomlinson and Rivers being turnover machines, and with a D that consists of five players capable of playing in the NFL, we should put them to shame.... But it is gonna be closer than we think bc Cam is an idiot. We still win tho

W-45- 42 Ravens with Tucker making the game winner.

i just want to know how many of these 45 points do you really expect to come from the Ravens offense?

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#14 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,968 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I thought Tomlinson retired.
68f2a8.jpg

#15 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Posted Image

Nice lol. I like the premise for this thread.

<p>2ilg2yr.jpg
SIG COURTESY OF BALTIMOREFLACCO!

#16 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Nice lol. I like the premise for this thread.

Thanks, I actually hope to keep this alive.... I don't want to start a blog (nor will my parents let me... I hate being the youngest member here on the forums) so I like this.
Banned

#17 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

i just want to know how many of these 45 points do you really expect to come from the Ravens offense?

~Mili

I think our O gets three, Jacoby gets one on a return, and our D gets two with Tucker nailing the game winner. I only made it so close that the SD trolls on here are happy!
Banned

#18 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,863 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Thanks, I actually hope to keep this alive.... I don't want to start a blog (nor will my parents let me... I hate being the youngest member here on the forums) so I like this.

Please keep in mind that these forums are not designed for "blogging". Each thread should have A subject. That way we can have meaningful discussions. It gets too confusing trying to respond to multiple points in one thread.
15fqib6.jpg

#19 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Please keep in mind that these forums are not designed for "blogging". Each thread should have A subject. That way we can have meaningful discussions. It gets too confusing trying to respond to multiple points in one thread.

Lolk understood!
Banned

#20 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,313 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

I think our O gets three, Jacoby gets one on a return, and our D gets two with Tucker nailing the game winner. I only made it so close that the SD trolls on here are happy!

so you really think the ravens offense...an offense that has been atrocious on the road is gonna score 3 TD's? wow! i'd like to see that!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 24 November 2012 - 03:19 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users