Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Who's Playing, Who's Not vs. Chargers

47 posts in this topic

Tight end Dennis Pitta passed his concussion test and expects to play.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Whos-Playing-Whos-Not-vs-Chargers/a6a5c43d-a67d-4d0d-992b-0f910a38f0c3]View the full article[/url]

I'm really hoping we can prove everyone wrong with a strong showing in San Diego. We're heading to the big dance and no one believes in us outside of Baltimore. We'll show them just how we play pissed off football.

[quote name='outkast1' timestamp='1353717822' post='1229658']
No NO ! Bring up Omar Brown!
[/quote]

Why would you bring up a S when a CB is out? I can't see the logic here. We have anough safeties in the active roster, Brown wouldn't get a shot anyway - why bring him in if he'd just take up a roster spot and sit on the bench the whole time when we're so thin at CB?

bio

Phillip is gonna air it out all game & test this secondary hopefully this yr we can put some pressure on the man ....

I hope to see Grahm & Tysons good play to continue into San Diego

I am glad that Pitta sought out an independent neurologist this week. I can't say that it didn't worry me that he took hard hits and had concussion effects over the past two weeks. Brain trauma from mulitple concussive episodes is no joke. So glad that he checked out okay.

So hard to believe that Pitta had just gotten his first NFL TD last year at this time in the Harbaugh Bowl last Thanksgiving isn't it? Glad to have you back Pitta!!!

[quote name='Jasont505' timestamp='1353723890' post='1229698']
Jared Gaither is hurt again...surprise...surprise... I'm glad he isn't our problem anymore...
[/quote]
Glad we let him go!
[quote name='sami' timestamp='1353726015' post='1229704']
We'd better generate a pass rush or we're gonna be TOAST.
[/quote]
Sami, I really hope your wrong, but you are most likley right. As bad as Rivers is.... Norv is still an offensive mastermind.

Folks, I don't know about this season, but I wanted to share a fan's (mine) perspective.

All I know is every week I have heart palpitations before we play, because I always feel like the game is going to be up in the air, till the game ends and I am elated because we just won! How long will it be before I go into a game like I used to feel in prior seasons? Is it good or is it bad that I feel this way going into a game and come out feeling elated coming out of it? However, the good thing is, this has happened 8 times out of 10 this year and I am still alive rooting for my Ravens!

I don't know if this is the way it is meant to be this season. Is this how we win the SB? Maybe so, because if I think back to 2000, it wasn't a whole lot different. We had a QB that just managed games and there was no telling if we felt like we were going to win a game till our defense actually won it for us! Maybe it is destiny! Just maybe!!!

Let's hope the Ravens win because it will be one game closer to the team acquiring the services of Norv Turner as Offensive coordinator.

Sad that Gaither's only been able to start 9 games in 3 years. I think that when his career is over he'll be one of those guys everyone brings up and says "If that guy had stayed healthy, how good do you think he could have been?"

looking at stats here ,We as a team need to get the run Game going i know the chargers are another top 10 defense ,but we have to start somewhere,San Diego has been Hurt by the Pass all year long from what i have seen,so we need to screen and Pound the ball with rice and let Flacco take some shots San Diego's secondary isn't that Great this year ,in other words Flacco cant play like he did last week in Pitt ,because San Diego can be explosive Rivers is a top 5 QB and Norv Turner is a great Coach ,personally i agree with those Below lol i would love to see him get fired only so we could get him ,im really getting sick and tired of Cameron ,i mean i bashed Pees this year ,But once he moved up to the Booth so Far he looks like hes improved atleast Cam still looks like a idiot at times holding a clipboard.

I'm glad Pitta will be participating in the days festivities, but I am concerned with the hits we keep taking in the secondary. Hopefully Cody will help prevent Rivers from having any time in the pocket, but with as much as San Diego throws, it would be nice to have a "mostly" intact secondary. But we have been handling business despite being bit several times by the injury bug, so I'm guessing this will be no different.

[quote name='ellicottraven' timestamp='1353727646' post='1229711']
Folks, I don't know about this season, but I wanted to share a fan's (mine) perspective.

All I know is every week I have heart palpitations before we play, because I always feel like the game is going to be up in the air, till the game ends and I am elated because we just won! How long will it be before I go into a game like I used to feel in prior seasons? Is it good or is it bad that I feel this way going into a game and come out feeling elated coming out of it? However, the good thing is, this has happened 8 times out of 10 this year and I am still alive rooting for my Ravens!

I don't know if this is the way it is meant to be this season. Is this how we win the SB? Maybe so, because if I think back to 2000, it wasn't a whole lot different. We had a QB that just managed games and there was no telling if we felt like we were going to win a game till our defense actually won it for us! Maybe it is destiny! Just maybe!!!
[/quote]
See a doctor. Maybe he will prescribe an anti-stress medicine or mood stabilizer. The NFL is the epitome of parity. Such it is with close games for most teams. Everyone can't have the Patriots schedule and win by 30 every week.

Win or lose play like a Raven. when you do that you most of the time pull it out plus the D. have been looking real good the O have not been looking too bad either. I would say real good against the Squeelers . Now it would good if all parts of our team could jell together in one game that would be great to see Sunday. all that said I still want a Win. Go Ravens.

We're 2-0 this qtr. Imho, given our record at home, this team here (the San Diego Chargers) is in our way of a perfect qtr. The 1st qtr shoulda been perfect. But, we all know about that Philly game. Hopefully, we'll get it done this qtr. And, not have to go into the final qtr w/this li'l tidbit in the back of our minds. Go Ravens!!! :)

We gotta win this one for the person who won the opening day roster contest trip to San Diego. It wouldn't be right to disappoint our lucky winner.