Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Talented Chargers Offense Stumbling

41 posts in this topic

San Diego’s offense hasn’t performed up to its potential. But it can.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Talented-Chargers-Offense-Stumbling/403723df-afab-4497-b7d4-8d0ea685dae6]View the full article[/url]

[u][i][b]"This team is dangerous. This team is very dangerous," [/b][/i][/u]outside linebacker Terrell Suggs said. "We definitely can't make it a seven-on-seven contest. We definitely have to play some better defense [than last year]. We can't let [Rivers] get real comfortable back there."

^ enough said! handle your business Ravens. get the "W."

~Mili

After last years trouncing by the Chargers, I'm still not comfortable proclaiming that we will go out there and beat them soundly, but I am hoping adjustments have been made to win this year. They are a very dangerous team, whether they are floundering or not. Houston almost got beat last Sunday by a 1-7 team, it's the "any given Sunday" rule, and I am still in the belief to NEVER underestimate your opponent!!

They are still dangerous. We played two games, where we steamrolled our competition, one game, where we were humiliated by the opponent and the rest was us playing down to the other teams level. I still believe in a victory against the Chargers, but I am not overly confident.

Last time we played the Chargers in San Diego we left with the bad taste of defeat in our mouths. I think enough people on the roster and on the staff remembers that and won't let a repeat happen. But to be honest, it's San Diego's Defense that worries me way more than their offense.

Let's just do this we are almost to the playoffs . joe is running out of time to shine on the road . time to kick it into high gear

Just saying but, with Chris Johnson Doubtful ... We might finally see Some of Asa . I pretty excited. hah' Hes worked hard to get playing time.

There are former ravens like antawn barnes who sacked joe flacco 4 times last year, we need to play complete game 60 minutes of smart football and this will result in a win.

[quote name='CxM_27' timestamp='1353709551' post='1229600']
They were "stumbling" last year too
[/quote]

You're right!

What had they lost? Four in a row when we sauntered into town? They got "well" in a hurry at our expense!

Norv Turner's a pretty savvy defensive guy and had a game plan to nullify our pass rush! The rest was run and dunk until the deeper passes opened up!

We seem to be getting stronger as the season goes so let's not repeat that, fellas!!!

This is the game where the Ravens can silence a lot of people, mainly their own fan base. This could possibly be the last true road test as Was isn't technically on the road and things might be sealed up when traveling to Cincy.

The Ravens much continue to be physical and aggressive on the defensive side of the ball. They've been much better against the run and it has to continue. I was thinking that Johnson's size and speed would be good for the Ravens, but he's listed as doubtful.

I really don't see much from that Chargers offense and it looks as if they are ready to quit and their fans appear the same way. If the Ravens can get the same start they had against the Browns on the road, the Chargers offense might go into the tank led by Rivers

I dont think the chargers really know whats coming their way! And, if they are living in the Past then they really got another thing coming! The chargers will continue to "stumble" after the Ravens Swarm rivers! The Ravens are getting good pressure with four and the fifth can spy the back and spread out the Flock! 9-2!

this game makes me more nervous than the steelers game the following week. lets have a solid game plan on both sides of the ball.

This game makes me nervous. It seems like the Chargers save all of their mojo to ruin our day. Win or lose, I get the feeling that it'll be a long game.

I think that we should run the ball against them. Of course, we could use a few good passing drives to get ahead. Our secondary is getting better. Let's hope that a few interceptions and a big kickoff or punt return will keep us in the lead.

I hope our O-line shows up and is productive, I don't want us to make Rivers look good again

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1353713423' post='1229626']
I think that we should run the ball against them.[/quote]

Are you sure? The Chargers have the 3rd best run D in the NFL. We've seen what our running game yielded last week, against the #5 run D - the Chargers are even better.

bio

But I remember last year. They were stumbling then. You know they are going to try to come out fast. We need to stick with them early and as always they will slow way down. If Joe can run a long drive early they will burn out trying to catch up.

Is it just my imagination or do ALL teams get it together for the Ravens? It just seems that teams that are "stumbling" manage to put us to the test time after time. We must and will be up to the task at hand. Go Ravens.

Looks to me like we are coming at the right time. we are banged it they are banged up. lets see which banged up team plays the best. My the best banged up team win. Or the team with the pretty colors win black and purple black and purple black and purple.

Is this a 4-3 defense we are playing now cause it sure looks like it It looks like the 2000 defense lining up. somebody tell me please.

I think what Harbs said about the Raiders applies here as well. Only here, it's on paper as opposed to in person. Harbs said about the Raiders: "Don't look at 'em. They're better than us. Until the game begins". I'd echo that somewhat with: "Don't look at 'em on paper. They're awesome. Until the game is played." Go Ravens!!! :)