Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Byrne Identity: Work Hard, Be Hungry And Stay Humble

34 posts in this topic

This year’s Ravens aren’t pretty, but they know how to win.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Work-Hard-Be-Hungry-And-Stay-Humble/623108e3-e0a8-4375-8166-f31e01f225d9]View the full article[/url]

I must say that after reading this blog, the ends of my lips curled upwards. Thank you for putting things into perspective. I know, like many Ravens fans, or sports fans in general, we get riled up easily over perceptions, whether real or imagined. But to know our team isn't the prettiest just shows they represent the type of people we are in Baltimore and surrounding areas; we work for what we want! When/If we have the privilege that so few teams have of re-lifting that Lombardi trophy again, we will have earned it based on exactly what Jacoby mentioned: "[We've] work[ed] hard, [were] hungry and [were] humble"! I LOVE MY CITY!!!!!

You always seem to know how to put a positive spin on things, Mr. Byrne. The Ravens have a public relations leadership as good as their special teams.

Keven has a way of putting things into a perspective that makes me want to run through a wall and knockj it down and screem to the worls that I am proud to be a Raven. And I say that as if I am part of the team becuase I feel we are. The Raven nation is a part of the team, along with the players, coaches and staff. The fans are the ones that are jumping on the bandwagon. I have purple in my blood!

@tray...great post man.

Lets not kid ourselves, we'd love both offense and defense to reach their full potential and be top 10 in the NFL, but if the Ravens are able to get it done this year, myself and every other person who is unhappy with the play would be happy. People always talk about the window closing and how the Ravens need to win now because Ray will leave soon. Well i think the Ravens are showing that their window is wide open.

I honestly can't imagine what this team would be like if everything really came together and reached their full potential. Scary imo

i love positive articles . I think we are better then the stats show we have cut the amount of yards we give up almost in half i don't think its an accurate assessment of where we are at .

Great piece once again Kevin!
The whole Ravens organization represents its fan base well.
Proud of our players, coaches and fans. Together, we make a great team, regardless of our whatever our record is, (Which is 8-2 BTW).
GO RAVENS!!

Hey Kevin," AFTER" the Ravens Win the Superbowl You, Ozzie, Decosta and Harbs, have to do Jacoby's Dance! LOL! Art, did Ray's dance the Best he could! Lol

Kevin Byrne does it again. Putting things in perspective that, under some circumstances, may have been forgotten. Awesome article!!!

It's like the old sign said: the "Raven Way"!

Ya see, this is what I love about our guys - not flashy, just hard corps!

We don't need Cam's sexy deep passing game to be successful! We draft the right guys! Plug up holes with the right FAs and go out and play "smash-mouth" football!

Then, our guys go into communities that embrace the purple and black and lend a hand!

In the 70's, former Colt, Glen "Shake & Bake" Doughterty financed and constructed a bowling alley/activities center that bears that name in a down-trodden area of West Baltimore that still supports the community to this day! That's how the Colts did it - that's not lost on the Ravens!

@Ravensfan23: I totally agree with you. People like when the Ravens aren't sure what they want to be--Offensive or Defensive. But, as you said, when it does come together that well known substance will hit the fan!!!

I know most of the time we are not pretty, but I love it when we can crush a team like we did this year to the Bengals and Raiders. Those close games, my blood pressure really spikes and by the end of the game my head can be seriously pounding and I am usually emotionally drained. I can recover a lot faster though if we come away with a "W."

Does anybody else get like that during real close games (especially a Steelers game)?

I was a Washington football team fan util 2003.Since then I've been a Ravens fan for all the reasons mentioned. On and off the field they are not just a team but a family. Thank you for the article and lets continue to"HUNT".

Last nite NFL AM were talking up Courtney and KO. Now grab two more linemen next year. Someone has to stand up and protect Joe. Everyone who talks Flacco says he has a great arm, good size and his team wins. No one outside of Balt likes him. Ha ha.

Anyone who has played organized football should know what "getting in the groove" means!

When a team grooves, it don't have to be pretty because it's usually dominating!

Getting the feeling that our Dee, although banged up, is starting to "groove" at the right time!

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1353711356' post='1229613']
It's like the old sign said: the "Raven Way"!

Ya see, this is what I love about our guys - not flashy, just hard corps!

We don't need Cam's sexy deep passing game to be successful! We draft the right guys! Plug up holes with the right FAs and go out and play "smash-mouth" football!

Then, our guys go into communities that embrace the purple and black and lend a hand!

In the 70's, former Colt, Glen "Shake & Bake" Doughterty financed and constructed a bowling alley/activities center that bears that name in a down-trodden area of West Baltimore that still supports the community to this day! That's how the Colts did it - that's not lost on the Ravens!
[/quote]

Wow!! Glenn Doughty, that name brings back some great memories!! When I was growing up in Randallstown, Glenn moved to our neighborhood and I used to cut his grass. He was a great role model and was instrumental in keeping me from going too far off the road to success. I remember when he was starting the Shake and Bake Family Fun Center; he also had a band called Shake and Bake with some other Colts where he played the congas. He certainly embodied the selflessness and giving qualities many to the Ravens exhibit today.

[quote name='BMoreRelentless' timestamp='1353785247' post='1229920']
Wow!! Glenn Doughty, that name brings back some great memories!! When I was growing up in Randallstown, Glenn moved to our neighborhood and I used to cut his grass. He was a great role model and was instrumental in keeping me from going too far off the road to success. I remember when he was starting the Shake and Bake Family Fun Center; he also had a band called Shake and Bake with some other Colts where he played the congas. He certainly embodied the selflessness and giving qualities many to the Ravens exhibit today.
[/quote]

Yes, I remember well. NW Baltimore (Ashburton Section) was a great place to live! Orioles Frank Robinson, Curt Mouten lived blocks away! Lenny Moore and Tony Lorick lived within walking distance and were always around! Jim Parker and Willy Richardson owned lounges!

Plus, Lydell Mitchell owned a lounge on Monroe Street called the "Point After"! I played slo-pitch softball for his entry in the Municipal rec league! Got to meet Franco Harris and Lynn Swann acouple of times when they visited!

Great days they were! Sports figures lived and interacted in the communities!

Fantastic article!! I look forward to this every week. Kevin gives us fans a unique inside look at our beloved Ravens. Best organization in sports. Hands down.